Cocaine use 'rife in the media'

Master Conspirator
Location: Packing my stuff and moving to Denver like you should be doing

PostThu Oct 22, 2009 8:59 pm » by Savwafair2012

A former BBC employee has blown the whistle on cocaine use among the corporation’s TV and radio producers and star performers.

Sarah Graham told a Home Affairs Select Committee hearing into the cocaine trade, that it is seen as “part of your creative genius or part of your extraordinary personality”.

She says that instead of being reprimanded, those who take the drug are praised for their “off-the-wall” brilliance.

Miss Graham has worked for BBC Radio 5, Children’s BBC and Channel 4’s The Big Breakfast, and says she was offered the drug by a presenter and producer on her first day at work.
She says: “Behaviours that would not be tolerated in a normal job can actually be spun to be part of your creative genius.

“Some of those people are still in place, some are behaving in off-the-wall ways … and people bow down to them.

“There is a culture within the media and within the celebrity world that is very relaxed around the use of cocaine. It’s seen as something that is socially acceptable in industries where this ‘work hard, party hard’ ethos exists.”
FAIR USE NOTICE.
Section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, . http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Initiate

PostThu Oct 22, 2009 9:00 pm » by Ghostofedna

Hey! It worked for Bill Clinton.

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 22, 2009 9:02 pm » by Towelie

Drugs in the entertainment buisness, whats the world coming too, next itll be rock stars taking the stuff :nope:

*Could anyone even imagine being a childrens Tv presenter withought Charlie's help, no one can be that chirpy and happy so early in the morning withought it.
Kill em all and let god sort them out!

Atheism is a non-prohet organisation.

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 22, 2009 10:54 pm » by Lucidlemondrop

As it may be true that it "adds to the creative genius"............"I pity the fool" who has to suffer the wrath of the comedown..............
What a long strange trip it's been..............

Master Conspirator

PostThu Oct 22, 2009 11:09 pm » by Lowsix

if it wasnt for that comedown,
everyone that ever did it
would have already
been dead from it.
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 22, 2009 11:15 pm » by Lucidlemondrop

LowSix wrote:if it wasnt for that comedown,
everyone that ever did it
would have already
been dead from it.

Yes indeed, as shown from those experiments where the monkey pushes the lever until they literally starve..........declining food and all else for the precious blast of serotonin........

Don't get me wrong......No judgment here.........I have had my good times................by the same token..........I have had my bad..............
What a long strange trip it's been..............

Master Conspirator
Location: Packing my stuff and moving to Denver like you should be doing

PostFri Oct 23, 2009 3:17 pm » by Savwafair2012

Drugs are a part of American culture. It's a shame but true most 75% of us have used or abused some form of illegal substance at some point in our lives. Yes their are a few exception's to the rule. However it's the fact most start using at high school parties . Trying to fit in with the cool kid's and beacuse alcohol is harder to get pot and blow seem to fit
the bill. I have a son who will be starting High school next year and I'm totaly on his ass about the drug bug. The fool's who push others into this life long battle with a controled substance are the one's we need to watch for. I have asked my kid to keep an eye out , see who's doing what and pick the correct group of friend's to hang with. But even that might not be enough for some kid's.
Good luck all .This is a war that we must never let our children fight. :cheers:
FAIR USE NOTICE.
Section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, . http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Conspirator

PostFri Oct 23, 2009 3:22 pm » by Aragajag

i had some once, my mate had lots more... he snotted the bottom of a shoe out the next day, i never tried cocaine again
edit
having said that all the stitching and much tooth work = cocaine appropriate

Conspirator

PostFri Oct 23, 2009 3:39 pm » by Zegtelzegtel

towelie wrote:Drugs in the entertainment buisness, whats the world coming too, next itll be rock stars taking the stuff :nope:

yes they wouldnt do that....