Conspiracy websites: what is their purpose?

Master Conspirator

PostMon Jun 08, 2009 4:24 am » by Cornbread714

One of the reasons I hang out here is to try to keep a finger on the pulse of "fringe" thinking, because if you want to understand the big picture you'd best not ignore what goes on underneath the tin-foil hats.

@Drex, I basically agree, but I think there are people (and programs) who not only monitor these sites but who are also actively engaged in mis- and dis-information campaigns. Maybe not through active posting here, or monitoring individuals, per se, but I wonder about a certain percentage of the "info" that is being disseminated in general on a macro scale, and you can bet our site is noticed and at least occasionally scrutinized by "spooks" from many different camps.

If there has been even the tiniest amount of real "disclosure" here, you can bet somebody noticed.
It's not one big over-arching NWO Big Brother act (though there is that aspect), but there's thousands of little information-gatherers and watchers on the web, some human, some not...
Don't assume anything concerning these bastards' capacity to watch and meddle.

There is a war over access to information, and we, even if we are not exactly on the front-lines, are engaged in the fray, like it or not...
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Conspirator

PostMon Jun 08, 2009 4:52 am » by Drextin

Nah. Sites like this are the cartoon versions of the real sites that are being monitored.

They monitor sites to see if any secrets are being leaked............real whistleblowers and scientists have numerous sites that cater to the scientific community.......those guys know that releasing the info here would have no effect whatsoever.

If secrets reach disclose its because they have been funneled this way through other sites and is subject to rumors and exaggeration............hence the reason we have to weed out the lies and liars.

So I stand by the fact the government is in no way concerned by sites like this. If anything they approve of this site and others since so many do so much to confuse the real issues.

Ask yourself this. If someone did have a story that was true............and it would blow the lid off of everything we think we know and it was posted here.............ya think it would do any good? Nah. It would not be taken serious by anyone except us..........and I doubt any of us would take it serious either........we would want to hear about it from a more credible site. We do this with subjects here all the time.
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking
King of my jungle just a gangster stalking

Master Conspirator

PostMon Jun 08, 2009 5:02 am » by Cornbread714

drextin wrote:Nah. Sites like this are the cartoon versions of the real sites that are being monitored.

They monitor sites to see if any secrets are being leaked............real whistleblowers and scientists have numerous sites that cater to the scientific community.......those guys know that releasing the info here would have no effect whatsoever.

If secrets reach disclose its because they have been funneled this way through other sites and is subject to rumors and exaggeration............hence the reason we have to weed out the lies and liars.

So I stand by the fact the government is in no way concerned by sites like this. If anything they approve of this site and others since so many do so much to confuse the real issues.

Ask yourself this. If someone did have a story that was true............and it would blow the lid off of everything we think we know and it was posted here.............ya think it would do any good? Nah. It would not be taken serious by anyone except us..........and I doubt any of us would take it serious either........we would want to hear about it from a more credible site. We do this with subjects here all the time.

You're right. I just like to be a little paranoid, for entertainment purposes only. :cheers:

Conspirator

PostMon Jun 08, 2009 5:29 am » by Drextin

You're right. I just like to be a little paranoid, for entertainment purposes only. :cheers:

You were starting to worry me. Usually you are the sane minded one who would make that argument. I was beginning to think that the nwo had chemtrailed you in your sleep.

Super Moderator

PostMon Jun 08, 2009 5:36 am » by domdabears

drextin wrote:Nah. Sites like this are the cartoon versions of the real sites that are being monitored.

That's exactly right. I honestly hope the majority of the members already knew that at some level. IMO I think most of the people that go to these sites just attribute these "conspiracy theories" with their own lives. Like i honestly think the people who really want or want to believe the END of the world is in 2012, because their own lives aren't going so well. They wouldn't mind seeing it end without the "sin" of killing themselves (Fear of "Hell"). Damn I went too deep on this. :cheers: I just seen too many people excited about it... For what? 1 + 1 = 2
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Conspirator

PostMon Jun 08, 2009 5:46 am » by Drextin

Dom you just said what many of us have thought for a long time!

You get the impression sometimes some are just rooting for a end world scenario and they don't want to hear anything that challenges that.

Master Conspirator

PostMon Jun 08, 2009 6:08 am » by Cornbread714

So I ask you guys, what are more or less rational beings like ourselves doing here? Dom, I know you don't hang out here much, but Drex, you and I do.
Personally, I have no fear of government monitoring, or greys, or lizards, or Niburu, chemtrails, solar flares, NWO, 2012, but damn, I spend a lot of time here.
I'm fucking addicted, and I'm not sure why.
I'll be taking a couple of months off the computer and traveling this summer. Two weeks playing in the south of France, and then two months working on my friend's organic blueberry farm in Maine.
I think I'm ready to unplug for awhile...

Super Moderator

PostMon Jun 08, 2009 6:17 am » by domdabears

cornbread714 wrote:So I ask you guys, what are more or less rational beings like ourselves doing here? Dom, I know you don't hang out here much, but Drex, you and I do.
Personally, I have no fear of government monitoring, or greys, or lizards, or Niburu, chemtrails, solar flares, NWO, 2012, but damn, I spend a lot of time here.
I'll be taking a couple of months off the computer and traveling this summer. Two weeks playing in the south of France, and then two months working on my friend's organic blueberry farm in Maine.

LOL I knew that would come up. Nah man... I went through some crazy shit and if I didn't I probably be "post leader" by now. A long time ago I was into all of it just like most of everyone here is. Honestly it was all new, exciting, interesting, and made so much sense. To be honest, I just enjoy the good videos now, and the UFO stuff. The rest is all just getting old. This shit has been going on for decades (if not longer) now. Who knows if theres this super "conspiracy" and I guarantee no one will do shit about it. It's just the way it is. There are good people out there. We wont have chips implanted in us. (They want to) but we wont. You know? Other shit like that too. I love it though. It's good entertainment for me. It's more of a hobby actually.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Super Moderator

PostMon Jun 08, 2009 6:38 am » by domdabears

To go back on topic: All of the major "conspiracy" websites are there just to make money. Look at infowars.com... My god all the advertising and products to sell on the site!!! And that's not all!! Don't be fooled. The guy is a business man. I also made and own my own website. It started off as recreational, but then I honestly did have interest of making money off of it (wont happen). Yous all just have to think with logic and remember this stuff is BIG business and a lot of people want to capitalize on it. I'm not saying most or some of the relevant topics aren't true. I do agree with some. Just remember It's nothing personal, only business. That's all this crap is... ONE BIG BUSINESS!! Mmmmm Money!!!
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Master Conspirator

PostMon Jun 08, 2009 6:38 am » by Cornbread714

domdabears wrote:
cornbread714 wrote:So I ask you guys, what are more or less rational beings like ourselves doing here? Dom, I know you don't hang out here much, but Drex, you and I do.

LOL I knew that would come up. Nah man... I went through some crazy shit and if I didn't I probably be "post leader" by now. A long time ago I was into all of it just like most of everyone here is. Honestly it was all new, exciting, interesting, and made so much sense. To be honest, I just enjoy the good videos now, and the UFO stuff. The rest is all just getting old. This shit has been going on for decades (if not longer) now. Who knows if theres this super "conspiracy" and I guarantee no one will do shit about it. It's just the way it is. There are good people out there. We wont have chips implanted in us. (They want to) but we wont. You know? Other shit like that too. I love it though. It's good entertainment for me. It's more of a hobby actually.

Yeah, me too. It's why I can usually maintain a sense of humor. I do get impatient with what I consider narrow-mindedness, and I love to debate, but in the end it's just fun.

PreviousNext