Conspiracy websites: what is their purpose?

Initiate

PostSun Jun 07, 2009 9:33 pm » by Nuada

Are these sites purely to sift out the general sentiment of the people?

Do these sites act as a medium of information for the ruling elite as to the belief patterns of the people?

And if they do then we're all pretty much fuc*ed aren't we since we are all traceable to our home addresses thanks to the democratic world wide web.

Thank you technology for all the options.
“ What is your aim in philosophy? – To show the fly the way out of the fly-bottle. ”
—Ludwig Wittgenstein

"Deep in the human unconsciousness is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic . . . . Survival is the ability to swim in strange currents." - Frank Herbert

Super Moderator

PostSun Jun 07, 2009 9:49 pm » by domdabears

to make money

Initiate

PostSun Jun 07, 2009 9:52 pm » by Nuada

domdabears wrote:to make money

What is their main source of revenue therefore?
“ What is your aim in philosophy? – To show the fly the way out of the fly-bottle. ”
—Ludwig Wittgenstein

"Deep in the human unconsciousness is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic . . . . Survival is the ability to swim in strange currents." - Frank Herbert

Conspirator

PostSun Jun 07, 2009 9:53 pm » by Eaganthorn

nuada wrote:Are these sites purely to sift out the general sentiment of the people?

Do these sites act as a medium of information for the ruling elite as to the belief patterns of the people?

And if they do then we're all pretty much fuc*ed aren't we since we are all traceable to our home addresses thanks to the democratic world wide web.

Thank you technology for all the options.

All of the above and then some.
Writers get a chance to hone their skillz, people looking for different perspectives certainly find that here and there is something to be said for dissection of a lie as well the truth.
Science is truth, God is truth, therefore

God is Science.

All religions were written by men, to control the hearts and minds of other men.

Super Moderator

PostSun Jun 07, 2009 9:56 pm » by domdabears

nuada wrote:
domdabears wrote:to make money

What is their main source of revenue therefore?

Advertising. Theres a lot of advertising on here. It's pay per click. Everytime you click on an advertisement, they get money. Theres a few other ways too.

Conspirator

PostSun Jun 07, 2009 10:05 pm » by Ogmios

Well Nuada, maybe they are out to get us. I've wondered sometimes myself if I should be saying too much on the internet.

Not that I say anything too bad right enough but you never know. It's a bit like Orwell's 'Nineteen eighty-four'. I don't know if you've read it but everyone has a two way screen in their house which must be kept on so that the state can watch them and also visit propaganda upon them.

That's not too different to a computer in my book.
"God is a concept by which we measure our pain"
John Lennon

Conspirator

PostSun Jun 07, 2009 10:10 pm » by bugmenot

nuada wrote:.
since we are all traceable to our home addresses thanks to the democratic world wide web.

not me :dancing:
Last edited by bugmenot on Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Initiate

PostSun Jun 07, 2009 10:12 pm » by Nuada

ogmios wrote:Well Nuada, maybe they are out to get us. I've wondered sometimes myself if I should be saying too much on the internet.

Not that I say anything too bad right enough but you never know. It's a bit like Orwell's 'Nineteen eighty-four'. I don't know if you've read it but everyone has a two way screen in their house which must be kept on so that the state can watch them and also visit propaganda upon them.

That's not too different to a computer in my book.

I agree ogmios. Only i thought the two-way screen was the television (especially with the introduction of digital). Now that you mention it perhaps the internet is actually for this purpose alone. Big brother is watching us. Thankfully i have fear of nothing and will always seek to use the state aparatus for my own ends. Muah haha. :shooting: :badair:
—Ludwig Wittgenstein

Initiate

PostMon Jun 08, 2009 2:38 am » by Crazynutsx

i think its just for a bit of research into the unknown keeping each other informed of these events is interesting i think.

Humans Will Always Be Curious Of The Unknown

Conspirator

PostMon Jun 08, 2009 3:34 am » by Drextin

I'm with dom on this one. No money.........no site.

Eagan, awesome sig man! I'd forgotten abut that famous quote of yours.

To the rest,
The government is not at all concerned by anyone on these sites. We are not that special. To most of the world sites like this either full of weirdos, paranoid mental cases or people who are so lonely they wish they would be abducted by an alien.

These forums are not for informing the public. They are for like minded folks to discuss what we know or feel.

So don't feed into the stereotype and become a paranoid mental case.............the government will not come looking for you nor do they care about any of this.
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking
King of my jungle just a gangster stalking

Next