CONTROL

Super Moderator

PostWed Jul 25, 2012 4:11 am » by -Marduk-

hear hear

...was there some bannjo playing in the background?!

*ROAR*
________________________________________________________________________________
-= PREDESTINATION: Itz hard to be ze good guy when you turn into a fucking gun =-

Conspirator

PostWed Jul 25, 2012 8:00 am » by Seriouscitizen

Even though everytime looking in the mirror being blinded by the uge bull that's in the way.
always able to guess, what's really there; for the sake of others!

If only the last time seeing the reflection wasn't years ago.
Well seeing you in me is that enough? or is there more?

:ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:

You tell me, or no don't i'd rather guess, they might catch that big bull!
If i scream hard enough, i will feel alive and strong! For now thats enough

AAAaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhh

:nwo:

Conspirator

PostWed Jul 25, 2012 9:08 am » by Newearthman

How does one regain control of their life? Funny as it sounds, I believe it starts with the next generation!

You are thinking..."but how can this be?"

Our work should be directed at bringing up our next generation of children to be as free and creative as possible, by doing this we will secure our own salvation!

Conspirator

PostWed Jul 25, 2012 11:21 am » by Svaha

Newearthman wrote:How does one regain control of their life? Funny as it sounds, I believe it starts with the next generation!

You are thinking..."but how can this be?"

Our work should be directed at bringing up our next generation of children to be as free and creative as possible, by doing this we will secure our own salvation!

It's the same imo as is done with virtual debt now, taking the problem to the future, it won't work.

And how do you want to bring up the next generation free / creative if you yourself are not free, children learn from the behaviour of their 'parents / culture' and not from what's being told to them.

It is the difference between what's being told to them and what's realy being told from the inside of that person that will produce children with the same internal battle.

True change only happens after a shock, and that's a personal path, you jump alone.

And what's controll?
You have no controll over life, life controlls you, you can follow or not, obey the natural laws or not.

The only thing you can controll is your personal power and the way you direct that power (fear or love), for that to happen you have to regain your personal power that you have given away to others and to experiences in the past, have to devellop a strong will (not an ego will, but the will itself) so that you can controll the thoughts that you send out in the outer world.

And then, by 'doing' nothing, you maximize the effect you have in the world towards the path of freedom, at the end the choice is always to follow life, to let life flow through you without resistance, that's the real free choice.

Imo of course.
Follow your bliss(ters) - Joseph Campbell

Super Moderator

PostWed Jul 25, 2012 11:27 am » by Troll2rocks

You know I am glad I have been away from this forum for a day. If id have seen this thread last night, I would have been posting at a 100mph.

@Lowsix. Listen, you are right, I myself as you mentioned in your post further back (numerous times), that I am guilty of doing these things in the past. I played a "game" on here with an account called "The Aviary" I went into peoples threads and just said stuff like... Nope. Wrong NEXT!. I then outed myself, to the anger of some (rightly). Why did I do it ? Boredom, simple as that, but I justified it by saying to myself I will log this, and use it for a segment of my documentary. - Never happened - all the stuff still sits on an old hard drive. I had my kicks and that was that.

So you are right, we are all guilty of doing this in the past. (Well not all of us) some would hate to be classified as a prankster.

I find it odd that you are not responding to the threads that specifically state what the problems are in mentioning this (and only this). It creates it, and if like you say know how hard it is to do our jobs, then why would you do the very thing that causes it in the first place. That is the point.

You did not respond to my last post quoting you, or spocks post where he pretty much summed it up beautifully.

Please low. You are respected here, and a loved member. You are intelligent and funny, and I would think far to much so to miss all the responses and what they are talking about.

So I will say again, can we have the old Lowsix back please ? :roll:

Anyway, I am done, here its all been said in here already, so why should I go into it again.

Lets all just focus on making this place better, rather than making everyone paranoid.

C'mon man. :cheers:
Censorship debunking & disinformation, it's all in a days work.

Conspirator

PostWed Jul 25, 2012 11:35 am » by *WillEase*

@Troll2rocks, don't forget that fucked up joke you played on me...after you became a mod.

P.S. Upload your video here on DTV so those of us that live in America can see it too.

Super Moderator

PostWed Jul 25, 2012 11:38 am » by Spock

It's easy to reinforce people's suspicions. All you have to do is confirm them (whether true or not) and it becomes absolute truth to them.

Another tactic: bring up names, affirm their suspicion to build a support base. Instantly you have people on your side because they want to believe their suspicions are accurate.

lowsix wrote:If he was really..truly..making a statement about the game and players.
He would have aimed some of that at Troll..and mushroom, demobe, and gius,
and Fleck and Shemagh and Iam and edgar and Marduk, Cornbread and Slith,
and all of the people over time who have all independently of MY input, noticed..and commented.
Commented when i wasnt even posting here.

It's too easy, and subtly manipulative insomuch as the people want to believe their gut instinct over a suspicion and find strength in numbers - doesn't make their suspicions true though, it leaves them exactly where they are, suspicious.

Do you still believe Constabul is a player? Mugen? SeriousCitizen? and there were others. This is what we deal with 90% of the time - thanks to the constant and beleaguered reinforcement.
Pretty soon the victims have convinced each other they are surrounded by snipes and proceed to run about foolishly in search of the non-existent birds.

This is exactly what I am talking about. It's natural on a forum such as this especially, but you are the one who has turned it into a game, "the long game" and you fuel these assumptions into truths for yourselves.

It's a form of hysteria. A Witch Hunt.

How many people have been wrongly accused? How many wrongly accused by you? Would you admit you were wrong about anyone you supposed was a "player"? Or would you just tirelessly hound the accusation in an attempt to convince others your assumption was true? Because more basic psychology, especially on forums, is that the "winner" isn't necessarily the one presenting truth (which I am in this case) the scales are typically tipped in the one who screams the loudest and the longest.

The tough part for me is, I still am not convinced if you do it on purpose or if it has become your reality. I know that it is reinforced in your mind when you talk about how stupid I am for not falling for it full bore.

I'm not saying you're a bad person, I just know how you argue and the mechanisms you employ behind your arguments when trying to "win". You brought up stuff in your post back to me that has nothing to do with any of this, other than a shot to try to build your credibility and somehow prove my short-sightedness, but there is a whole lot of history and to tell you the truth, I don't want "your forgiveness" because I have NOTHING to be forgiven for and DTV is not the place for any sort of argument concerning that and I will actively delete anything you put in open forum concerning it. If you have anything to say to me about any of that, email it, or else forget it. I could care less.

This is concerning your "long game", nothing more, I have stated my position, so I'm through with it. I understand that you may take this as a personal insult, as you typically do when anyone disagrees with you, but you should see it for what it actually is, an intervention.

Super Moderator

PostWed Jul 25, 2012 11:44 am » by Troll2rocks

willease666 wrote:@Troll2rocks, don't forget that fucked up joke you played on me...after you became a mod.

P.S. Upload your video here on DTV so those of us that live in America can see it too.

Yeah that was funny man mwahahahaha. :cheers:

I have sent a copyright dispute under fair use. I am not sure if it has unlocked it yet, try it again in a few minutes, it usually takes about 5 minutes or so to go through the system again. :cheers:

I will upload it here, but it took ages to put it up on YT, so it will be later on when I upload it here.

:cheers:
Censorship debunking & disinformation, it's all in a days work.

Conspirator

PostWed Jul 25, 2012 11:56 am » by Seriouscitizen

Spock wrote:It's easy to reinforce people's suspicions. All you have to do is confirm them (whether true or not) and it becomes absolute truth to them.

Another tactic: bring up names, affirm their suspicion to build a support base. Instantly you have people on your side because they want to believe their suspicions are accurate.

lowsix wrote:If he was really..truly..making a statement about the game and players.
He would have aimed some of that at Troll..and mushroom, demobe, and gius,
and Fleck and Shemagh and Iam and edgar and Marduk, Cornbread and Slith,
and all of the people over time who have all independently of MY input, noticed..and commented.
Commented when i wasnt even posting here.

It's too easy, and subtly manipulative insomuch as the people want to believe their gut instinct over a suspicion and find strength in numbers - doesn't make their suspicions true though, it leaves them exactly where they are, suspicious.

Do you still believe Constabul is a player? Mughan? SeriousCitizen? and there were others. This is what we deal with 90% of the time - thanks to the constant and beleaguered reinforcement.
Pretty soon the victims have convinced each other they are surrounded by snipes and proceed to run about foolishly in search of the non-existent birds.

This is exactly what I am talking about. It's natural on a forum such as this especially, but you are the one who has turned it into a game, "the long game" and you fuel these assumptions into truths for yourselves.

It's a form of hysteria. A Witch Hunt.

How many people have been wrongly accused? How many wrongly accused by you? Would you admit you were wrong about anyone you supposed was a "player"? Or would you just tirelessly hound the accusation in an attempt to convince others your assumption was true? Because more basic psychology, especially on forums, is that the "winner" isn't necessarily the one presenting truth (which I am in this case) the scales are typically tipped in the one who screams the loudest and the longest.

The tough part for me is, I still am not convinced if you do it on purpose or if it has become your reality. I know that it is reinforced in your mind when you talk about how stupid I am for not falling for it full bore.

I'm not saying you're a bad person, I just know how you argue and the mechanisms you employ behind your arguments when trying to "win". You brought up stuff in your post back to me that has nothing to do with any of this, other than a shot to try to build your credibility and somehow prove my short-sightedness, but there is a whole lot of history and to tell you the truth, I don't want "your forgiveness" because I have NOTHING to be forgiven for and DTV is not the place for any sort of argument concerning that and I will actively delete anything you put in open forum concerning it. If you have anything to say to me about any of that, email it, or else forget it. I could care less.

This is concerning your "long game", nothing more. You may take this as a personal insult, as you typically do when anyone disagrees with you, but you should see it for what it really is, an intervention.

I just wanna say to your posts spock and to those of Troll to that to me you pinpoint the psychological warfare going on from Low his side spot on. And as you said it, wheter he knows it himself or not.

Like i said,.. a lot of noise, but not a lot of content..
And personally i find it very childish and a lack of confidence to play it on the "man" like low did. As for me, Low. You never directly asked me about my intentions? So in what way am i able do defend myself or are others if you play it around me gathering reinforcement or even absent yourself from your first "assumptions" playing it you were only doing it for support.
I can see you are very intelligent and in many fields much more equipped in the communication aspect than i am. But some basics in your interaction with other humans are missing to my opinion.
In that way it is hard to see what YOUR intentions are?!

That's actually all i have to say. I hope for most it is clear what MY intentions are. And for me i can see Troll and Spock are having the right intentions here also. And i appreciate and respect that! :cheers:

Initiate

PostWed Jul 25, 2012 12:30 pm » by Edgar 2.0

As long as it is just an innocent game, i see no problem in that.

But the best liars, the professional ones, are those who convince themselves that their lies are the God's truth. And they defend this untrue truth with a great conviction.

And it's really a heavy task to fight against person with conviction, and then the game becomes anything but innocent.

People do get hurt by words. It happens in the Real life as well as in the Virtual one.

We are responsible for the letters we type on the Internet. To ourselves mostly, and most importantly.

PreviousNext