CONTROL

Conspirator

PostWed Jul 25, 2012 8:21 pm » by Noentry

I have watched this post unfold last night and I thought about all the different opinions.
I have to agree with spock this has turned into a witch hunt, I think his position is right. However I feel lowsix is just being overly protective for DTV, you dont post 10000 post and not care about this forum.

What is the long game? I have yet to hear an explanation as to what it is.

What is the purpose of the long game?

You may say to disrupt the forum.
But the moment you start to disrupt this forum you get banned.
You may have multiple accounts, what does this achieve exactly?
The moment your different persona's start disrupting they get banned, one after the other.
So where is the gain?

So if a bored member starts talking to him/herself through their different accounts, what is the actual damage. Yes it is against forum rules and you should be banned for it, but really where is the harm if you are not abusing or trolling, in the end they look pathetic because in the end they all get found out and banned also.

I have seen members banned and then come back to complain about their treatment, then they get banned again. All they manage to achieve is to look like jack asses, as I have not seen anyone banned for stating an opinion, only for being abusive most times. On occasion mods ban the innocent, ok they are only human and humans make mistakes. that is life. But I sense no malice in any one of the mods here and I personally believe they are a good bunch.

Yes you could say the IDF have a long term plan but I miss proto, he maybe biased but it is only right to speak to bring forward the Jewish perspective however wrong I may think he is. And we will probably argue about Israel and Palestine but that is half the fun of a forum.

You may say the CIA pays people to post disinfo on here but who cares, it dont stop us putting out what we think is the truth. Big deal they got no chance here in DTV world.

We had that captainrutland/allreadydead but he had no long game that is worth mentioning, he was angry because his application for modship was turned down and he went on a vindictive crusade to get back at the forum, he got banned also as well as his alter egos. He has made himself a laughing stock.

We have had our fair share of trolls but in the end they all fall one after the other.
And really the world is full of lying no good schemers who troll peoples lives in the real world, nothing new there, once you find out you will cut them out of your life just like what is done on this forum.

So what is the long game?
What does it achieve?

In the end nothing.
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Super Moderator

PostWed Jul 25, 2012 8:32 pm » by Spock

Noentry wrote:What is the purpose of the long game?

A North-American prank and rite of passage wherein older adolescents take younger boys into the wilderness for the supposed purpose of “snipe hunting.” Snipes are an imaginary game bird purported to resemble quails or pheasants or what have you (the fictional snipe is not to be confused with the extant North American shorebird of that same name). Snipe hunts take place on moonless nights; the victims are provided burlap bags with which to catch the birds, while the conspirators spot them with flashlights. The conspirators make birdcalls, through rocks in the bushes, and urgently cry out “snipe” to make the victims believe that there are actually birds in the area. The victims don’t want to be the only one who can’t see the imaginary birds, so they claim to have seen them also. Pretty soon the victims have convinced each other they are surrounded by snipes and proceed to run about foolishly in search of the non-existent birds. “Dude right there didn’t you see it?” The conspirators will often agree that they have just seen a snipe in that cactus patch or lake or thorny bush and order then the victims to dive in and catch it with his respective sack. The victims are then often abandoned by their guides, thus completing the joke. The cycle repeats when this year’s dupes become privy to the joke and then take their younger brothers out the following year, in search of the ever-illusive snipe.

Super Moderator

PostWed Jul 25, 2012 8:39 pm » by The57ironman

Noentry wrote:I have watched this post unfold last night and I thought about all the different opinions.
I have to agree with spock this has turned into a witch hunt, I think his position is right. However I feel lowsix is just being overly protective for DTV, you dont post 10000 post and not care about this forum.

What is the long game? I have yet to hear an explanation as to what it is.

What is the purpose of the long game?

You may say to disrupt the forum.
But the moment you start to disrupt this forum you get banned.
You may have multiple accounts, what does this achieve exactly?
The moment your different persona's start disrupting they get banned, one after the other.
So where is the gain?

So if a bored member starts talking to him/herself through their different accounts, what is the actual damage. Yes it is against forum rules and you should be banned for it, but really where is the harm if you are not abusing or trolling, in the end they look pathetic because in the end they all get found out and banned also.

I have seen members banned and then come back to complain about their treatment, then they get banned again. All they manage to achieve is to look like jack asses, as I have not seen anyone banned for stating an opinion, only for being abusive most times. On occasion mods ban the innocent, ok they are only human and humans make mistakes. that is life. But I sense no malice in any one of the mods here and I personally believe they are a good bunch.

Yes you could say the IDF have a long term plan but I miss proto, he maybe biased but it is only right to speak to bring forward the Jewish perspective however wrong I may think he is. And we will probably argue about Israel and Palestine but that is half the fun of a forum.

You may say the CIA pays people to post disinfo on here but who cares, it dont stop us putting out what we think is the truth. Big deal they got no chance here in DTV world.

We had that captainrutland/allreadydead but he had no long game that is worth mentioning, he was angry because his application for modship was turned down and he went on a vindictive crusade to get back at the forum, he got banned also as well as his alter egos. He has made himself a laughing stock.

We have had our fair share of trolls but in the end they all fall one after the other.
And really the world is full of lying no good schemers who troll peoples lives in the real world, nothing new there, once you find out you will cut them out of your life just like what is done on this forum.

So what is the long game?
What does it achieve?

In the end nothing.

...depends on what you ''think'' the long game is.. :peep:

:cheers:

................................................... CHA-CHINGLE BELLS .................................................
ImageImageImage

Conspirator

PostWed Jul 25, 2012 8:43 pm » by Lucidlemondrop

I guess my idea of the long game is simply remaining here at dtv among all the changes and different personality and goings on.

Kind of like a commitment to keep coming back regardless of getting mad, embarrassing myself at times, laughing, crying and loving.

The long game means not giving up.

But then I am pretty easygoing for the most part and don't stay hung up on the things I perceive to be unfair or meanspirited.

I think most of us here do care for one another, that has been my overall experience.

And it's okay to be crazy too, no one kicks ya off for that!
What a long strange trip it's been..............

Conspirator

PostWed Jul 25, 2012 8:59 pm » by Noentry

Spock wrote:
Noentry wrote:What is the purpose of the long game?

A North-American prank and rite of passage wherein older adolescents take younger boys into the wilderness for the supposed purpose of “snipe hunting.” Snipes are an imaginary game bird purported to resemble quails or pheasants or what have you (the fictional snipe is not to be confused with the extant North American shorebird of that same name). Snipe hunts take place on moonless nights; the victims are provided burlap bags with which to catch the birds, while the conspirators spot them with flashlights. The conspirators make birdcalls, through rocks in the bushes, and urgently cry out “snipe” to make the victims believe that there are actually birds in the area. The victims don’t want to be the only one who can’t see the imaginary birds, so they claim to have seen them also. Pretty soon the victims have convinced each other they are surrounded by snipes and proceed to run about foolishly in search of the non-existent birds. “Dude right there didn’t you see it?” The conspirators will often agree that they have just seen a snipe in that cactus patch or lake or thorny bush and order then the victims to dive in and catch it with his respective sack. The victims are then often abandoned by their guides, thus completing the joke. The cycle repeats when this year’s dupes become privy to the joke and then take their younger brothers out the following year, in search of the ever-illusive snipe.

spock I saw this last night and I see what you are getting at.
And I still think lowsix is just being a little overly protective and has made assumptions that are wrong, he seems well respected on here and from what I can see he has an excellent way with words.

But I dont sense he is trying to disrupt this forum with this long game you speak of.
I have said you are right in this discussion of the long game and I back your position 100%

People have been calling for his return and in the process some may of given him an overly zealous idea of his role on this forum. He may of rode in here like he is the law but that is no big deal, nobody has been hurt. Ever heard of Frankenstein's monster.
But he does care about DTV that is obvious, as do you spock.

And I do believe lowsix respects you and I feel you have both crossed your wires so to speak.

So lowsix I think you are wrong about this long game but I understand you mean this forum no harm and are just trying to protect us. But I assure you DTV is more then capable of handling any trolls, disinfo agents or any pathetic members with grudges against DTV.
By doing this you are creating a with hunt and this is a mistake it creates an uncomfortable aura, and you should cut it out.
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Super Moderator

PostWed Jul 25, 2012 11:03 pm » by Slith

Lucidlemondrop wrote:I guess my idea of the long game is simply remaining here at dtv among all the changes and different personality and goings on.

Kind of like a commitment to keep coming back regardless of getting mad, embarrassing myself at times, laughing, crying and loving.

The long game means not giving up.

But then I am pretty easygoing for the most part and don't stay hung up on the things I perceive to be unfair or meanspirited.

I think most of us here do care for one another, that has been my overall experience.

And it's okay to be crazy too, no one kicks ya off for that!

:clapper:

I have never been a player on here. I don't play games. Sure I get pissed off @ certain things and voice my opinions. Who doesn't? Not sure why I was called a player tho. :headscratch:

Conspirator

PostWed Jul 25, 2012 11:08 pm » by Lucidlemondrop

You have always been one of the good guys Slith
What a long strange trip it's been..............

Super Moderator

PostWed Jul 25, 2012 11:10 pm » by Slith

Lucidlemondrop wrote:You have always been one of the good guys Slith

Cheers Lucid!

Super Moderator

PostWed Jul 25, 2012 11:12 pm » by Seahawk

You were called a player. Slith???? I missed that.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They obviously don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

Upload to Disclose.tv

We gather knowledge faster than we gather wisdom. - William Bell

Super Moderator

PostWed Jul 25, 2012 11:16 pm » by Slith

Seahawk100 wrote:You were called a player. Slith???? I missed that.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They obviously don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

Thanks man :flop:

PreviousNext