Cop tasers handcuffed girl and now she is braindead

Initiate

PostThu Feb 23, 2012 5:12 am » by Domeika

A cop firing a taser should be no different than a cop firing their sidearm. It can kill and maim.

I do believe that the girl was wrong. However, she ran....so what. They know or knew who she was at that point. It's not like Charlie Manson escaped. Do you really think she'd get all that far?

The real question is, what is the girl's father going to do about it? If he decided to put one right between the bastards eyes and I was a juror......nullification. Of course as a juror you can't state it because they'll throw you off if not into a cell. So, wink wink nudge nudge.....but if on the jury I would never allow a guilty verdict for the father. As for me, if that were my daughter, no force on earth would be able to keep me from taking that mans life. We might pass over together, but pass he would.

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 23, 2012 6:20 am » by Cia212

domeika wrote:A cop firing a taser should be no different than a cop firing their sidearm. It can kill and maim.

Ha! Have you ever been tased? It's a cakewalk compared to a gun. In most states police are required to be tased before they're allowed to carry a taser...not so with a gun. Do I have to explain why?

I've been tased twice. It's not that bad. The fact that he tased her isn't the reason for the injury, it's the fact that her head hit concrete. Had he tackled her and she hit her head, would that have been better? Of course not, then people would say he should have tased her.

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 23, 2012 6:24 am » by Kinninigan

cia212 wrote:
domeika wrote:A cop firing a taser should be no different than a cop firing their sidearm. It can kill and maim.

Ha! Have you ever been tased? It's a cakewalk compared to a gun. In most states police are required to be tased before they're allowed to carry a taser...not so with a gun. Do I have to explain why?

I've been tased twice. It's not that bad. The fact that he tased her isn't the reason for the injury, it's the fact that her head hit concrete. Had he tackled her and she hit her head, would that have been better? Of course not, then people would say he should have tased her.

Ever been tased while running in handcuffs?
It was written in prophecy that a Gelfling would end Skeksis rule...
https://www.youtube.com/user/kinninigan

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 23, 2012 6:32 am » by Will69ease

44z44 wrote:Spock/will69ease/rhyder and anyone else that thinks the cop was right tasering a handcuffed girl,then please answer me this if that girl was your daughter would you still say it was right?

My daughter wouldn't be in that situation.
Nobody thinks that this was a good thing. But the fact remains that she didn't comply with his orders to stop. He could have chased her...but didn't need to.
I spoke to him about this earlier, and he is torn up about it...in spite of being cleared of fault.

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 23, 2012 9:32 am » by Fatdogmendoza

will69ease wrote:
44z44 wrote:Spock/will69ease/rhyder and anyone else that thinks the cop was right tasering a handcuffed girl,then please answer me this if that girl was your daughter would you still say it was right?

Nobody thinks that this was a good thing. But the fact remains that she didn't comply with his orders to stop. He could have chased her...but didn't need to.
I spoke to him about this earlier, and he is torn up about it...in spite of being cleared of fault.

Why didn't he need to chase her will, because he took the easy option of not chasing and using a tazer.. I bet he is torn up... Probably not quite as much as the young girls family....I bet he is regretting using the tazer now.....

Also will, I had a fantastic guided loving upbringing from excellent parents... I have not much time for religion but my family are god loving people... I did some things in my youth that I would be horrified to think my own kids would even consider doing ... My parents didnt pick my friends and couldnt be with me all of the time... I bet they never in a million years imagined that their good son was up to.. I was young immature and learning... That didi not make me a bad person... So anybody trying to justify what happenned because the girl had broken the law really does need to think about their own children in that very same position. I dont want to demonize the cop..but what he did was wrong.. and yes he does have to live with it, but he hasnt lost a child... Lots of other people have to live with it also

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 23, 2012 10:48 am » by Mrmcnuggets

fatdogmendoza wrote:
will69ease wrote:

Why didn't he need to chase her will, because he took the easy option of not chasing and using a tazer.. I bet he is torn up... Probably not quite as much as the young girls family....I bet he is regretting using the tazer now.....

Also will, I had a fantastic guided loving upbringing from excellent parents... I have not much time for religion but my family are god loving people... I did some things in my youth that I would be horrified to think my own kids would even consider doing ... My parents didnt pick my friends and couldnt be with me all of the time... I bet they never in a million years imagined that their good son was up to.. I was young immature and learning... That didi not make me a bad person... So anybody trying to justify what happenned because the girl had broken the law really does need to think about their own children in that very same position. I dont want to demonize the cop..but what he did was wrong.. and yes he does have to live with it, but he hasnt lost a child... Lots of other people have to live with it also

dog, that kind of is a shallow depiction of a cop, being sad because he made someones life miserable... ? That's what cops do, from one side of the book, some ones life is always getting ruined for law. I mean, I bet he still feels remorse, but she was a multiple offender, a felon, obviously not the sharpest tool in the bunch, with no "personal knowing" to grant any sympathy in his favor, he was doing his job, and acted like he would of every single time in that incident, or rather similar to how it would of went aways, she's an idiot for trying to run for what I could see as the 3rd time that day, from the police, just because she's an Idiot. I personally don't share sympathy for these kinds of people in my life, from my perspective. So with cops, who have to make judgement calls all day off, the same ideas, same perspectives ect, know what they are doing. And something like this, will be out of the cops mind, once he has fired his gun in the line of duty 4 times, yadda yadda, cops are exposed to ever changing situations, and to them, "its work. Always will be, nothing less nothing more. "

I really can't believe this thread is still going back and forth about it too, i figured it would of got locked by now. :lol:
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. "

I AM an endangered species.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Super Moderator

PostThu Feb 23, 2012 11:25 am » by Spock

Zaff - I am of the opinion it could have been handled differently, however, what I am saying is that the woman's condition is a consequence of her own actions. And, the police used the protocol and the tool available to him to subdue her.

It is also a very unfortunate circumstance that I am sure nobody, even the police officer wanted to happen. He tazed her to stop her from running, she should not have ran.

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 23, 2012 11:29 am » by Fatdogmendoza

mrmcnuggets wrote:
fatdogmendoza wrote:

dog, that kind of is a shallow depiction of a cop, being sad because he made someones life miserable... ? That's what cops do, from one side of the book, some ones life is always getting ruined for law. I mean, I bet he still feels remorse, but she was a multiple offender, a felon, obviously not the sharpest tool in the bunch, with no "personal knowing" to grant any sympathy in his favor, he was doing his job, and acted like he would of every single time in that incident, or rather similar to how it would of went aways, she's an idiot for trying to run for what I could see as the 3rd time that day, from the police, just because she's an Idiot. I personally don't share sympathy for these kinds of people in my life, from my perspective. So with cops, who have to make judgement calls all day off, the same ideas, same perspectives ect, know what they are doing. And something like this, will be out of the cops mind, once he has fired his gun in the line of duty 4 times, yadda yadda, cops are exposed to ever changing situations, and to them, "its work. Always will be, nothing less nothing more. "

I really can't believe this thread is still going back and forth about it too, i figured it would of got locked by now. :lol:[/quote]

You make some good points nugs...But at the end of the day the cop took the easy option, which had tragic consequences...also the quality of community policing leaves a lot to the imagination...cops are so far removed from the public now..particularly here in the uk.. they are almost a seperate community, they dont patrol on foot regularly if at all. And spend most patrol time driving around...we do have community support officers but shouldnt all constables be public savvy.. Whatever man, MYy opinion has been stated, I still think neccessary force is what should be questioned here, and easy options without due thought..I'm done on this thread aswell bro, I'm not here to change minds just to state an opinion :flop: :hugging:

P.s she should not have ran, but maybe the cop should have tried to run himself before using the tazer....cant change what happened anyway bro...just hope lessons have been learnt by all still capable :flop:

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 23, 2012 11:34 am » by Mrmcnuggets

fatdogmendoza wrote:
You make some good points nugs...But at the end of the day the cop took the easy option, which had tragic consequences...also the quality of community policing leaves a lot to the imagination...cops are so far removed from the public now..particularly here in the uk.. they are almost a seperate community, they dont patrol on foot regularly if at all. And spend most patrol time driving around...we do have community support officers but shouldnt all constables be public savvy.. Whatever man, MYy opinion has been stated, I still think neccessary force is what should be questioned here, and easy options without due thought..I'm done on this thread aswell bro, I'm not here to change minds just to state an opinion :flop: :hugging:

P.s she should not have ran, but maybe the cop should have tried to run himself before using the tazer....cant change what happened anyway bro...just hope lessons have been learnt by all still capable :flop:

He might of taken "the easy option" but that is exactly, what they are forcefully(not literally, but intensely) instructed about to do in these exact situations. Who is the blame on in the eyes of the officers? Hers, and hers solely, and alone, for every action that followed after running from the accident, is of her actions alone. He will be appointed a precinct counselor, who will then condition the officer to go along with that same view, that he did exactly his job there. She already hit and ran on another accident, so who is to say she could of not of killed someone her self? - And that is how they will see it, and that. Is. It. He very well may be "sad' but he knows it's his job, he knows that is exactly what he was suppose to do in that situation. Prevent her from becoming a pancake in the road, because she was already dumb enough to make 3 mistakes in one day already.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. "

I AM an endangered species.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 23, 2012 11:52 am » by Icarus1

it seems battlle lines are being drawn here, mods going on power trips insulting and threatening to ban people for having a different opinion , as well as rydher and croonies saying she should have not run ,SHE SHOULD NOT HAVE RESISTED, ITS AKIN TO SAYING THE JEWS IN GERMANY SHOULD NOT HAVE RESISTED THE GESTAPO AND THE SS WHEN THEY WERE HUNTING THEM FOR SPORT BEFORE PUTTING THEM INTO GAS CHAMBERS.THIS PLACE IS CHANGING FOR THE WORST AND I DONT LIKE IT , NO FREE THOUGHT OR FREEDOM OF SPEECH = FASCISM , IM DISCUSTED AT THIS PLACE AND IT WILL BE A WHILE BEFORE IM BACK . SHAME ON YOU PEOPLE, SHAME
We thought about it for a long time, "Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union.

PreviousNext