Copenhagen Agreement: draft agreement leaked

Initiate

PostTue Dec 08, 2009 5:35 pm » by Strider2

And it's here for anyone to read...

http://www.scribd.com/doc/23831690/091127copenhagen

Master Conspirator

PostTue Dec 08, 2009 5:53 pm » by Cornbread714

strider2 wrote:And it's here for anyone to read...

http://www.scribd.com/doc/23831690/091127copenhagen

Thanks for posting this.

I assume it's real, it seems to be legit and doesn't contain any big surprises from what I could gather.
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Initiate

PostTue Dec 08, 2009 7:27 pm » by Strider2

It's not an easy read - "bureaucratese" is not my favorite language either. Here is some press on the leak..

The UN Copenhagen climate talks are in disarray today after developing countries reacted furiously to leaked documents that show world leaders will next week be asked to sign an agreement that hands more power to rich countries and sidelines the UN's role in all future climate change negotiations.

The document is also being interpreted by developing countries as setting unequal limits on per capita carbon emissions for developed and developing countries in 2050; meaning that people in rich countries would be permitted to emit nearly twice as much under the proposals.

The so-called Danish text, a secret draft agreement worked on by a group of individuals known as "the circle of commitment" – but understood to include the UK, US and Denmark – has only been shown to a handful of countries since it was finalised this week.

The agreement, leaked to the Guardian, is a departure from the Kyoto protocol's principle that rich nations, which have emitted the bulk of the CO2, should take on firm and binding commitments to reduce greenhouse gases, while poorer nations were not compelled to act. The draft hands effective control of climate change finance to the World Bank; would abandon the Kyoto protocol – the only legally binding treaty that the world has on emissions reductions; and would make any money to help poor countries adapt to climate change dependent on them taking a range of actions.

full article at:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2 ... anish-text

Initiate

PostTue Dec 08, 2009 10:10 pm » by Strider2

concrete wrote:Survival of the fittest. Polar bears have always cnnabalised. As do brown and black bears.

Yep. Too many people have this anthropomorphized / Walt Disney view of nature. Maybe more cubs are being cannibalized because there are more of them?

Anyone remember the iconic Disney lemmings episode? The truth behind that one is that the film-makers paid local kids to trap lemmings, which the Disney types then herded / threw off a cliff (the lemmings lol)... It seems lemmings just aren't stupid enough to do that on their own; they needed some human "help".

It's amazing what BS people can be fed - and the more ridiculous it is, the more it seems to be believed.

Initiate

PostWed Dec 09, 2009 4:09 am » by Freedomofwill

You guy's don't get it do you? If you actually bother to read the article it actually mentions the phasing out of un-necessary fossil fuels. Question is which fossil fuels?

Maybe Climate change might be a hoax but don't you think its a hoax that would be big enough to defeat the Fuel companies? and get rid of them once and for all? Maybe Climategate is a distraction?

We don't really know, but I sure hope that the whole world agree's that we should stop using Oil, and gas and start using new technology.

The whole agreement talk's about new technology, and transparency.

Read the document yourself and get your own opinion rather than believing a FUCKING newspaper. You can't trust all media, especially the independent ones because you never know who's really funding the independents.

Initiate

PostWed Dec 09, 2009 5:21 am » by Strider2

freedomofwill wrote:The whole agreement talk's about new technology, and transparency.

The whole agreement is about inventing a reason for a new tax to extend the bloated profits of oil companies years longer than it should.

We have to stop looking to government for the answers, and just do the right thing ourselves. We sheepishly followed them into this situation, but none of them are looking for the just road for the common person. No politician says "oh, you want your civil liberties back, so here ya go". Instead they say, you want you rights back, so vote for me. Then it's oops - OK maybe next election I'll promise to do it again, honest.