could aliens percieve time differently?

PostThu Mar 27, 2014 12:43 pm » by goodkushxx1

i dont know alot about this stuff,but,i have been thinking about how ufo's move,they move in ways that leads us to belive that,somehow,they can move faster than the speed of light,but is possible that they are not moving fast at all?i mean,maybe the only reason they seem to travel at such high volocities,is because our perception of time is more slower than theirs?
for example,pro athletes say they exsperience time slowing down at cruicial moments in the game,im thinking thats kinda how it works for aliens and ufos.like there brains are working so fast that
we would be moving in slow motion in there perspective...
does that sound retarded?maybe there crafts are connected to there consience some how,there for, allowing them to travel at there own perception of time, <<<---anyone know what im talking about???

i would like to hear yall think about this

Conspirator

PostThu Mar 27, 2014 12:56 pm » by Fatdogmendoza

goodkushxx1 wrote:i dont know alot about this stuff,but,i have been thinking about how ufo's move,they move in ways that leads us to belive that,somehow,they can move faster than the speed of light,but is possible that they are not moving fast at all?i mean,maybe the only reason they seem to travel at such high volocities,is because our perception of time is more slower than theirs?
for example,pro athletes say they exsperience time slowing down at cruicial moments in the game,im thinking thats kinda how it works for aliens and ufos.like there brains are working so fast that
does that sound retarded?maybe there crafts are connected to there consience some how,there for, allowing them to travel at there own perception of time, <<<---anyone know what im talking about???

Read this

http://www.brainpickings.org/index.php/ ... a-hammond/

And :hiho: to the Asylum Goodkush :flop:

PostThu Mar 27, 2014 1:08 pm » by goodkushxx1

Fatdogmendoza wrote:
goodkushxx1 wrote:i dont know alot about this stuff,but,i have been thinking about how ufo's move,they move in ways that leads us to belive that,somehow,they can move faster than the speed of light,but is possible that they are not moving fast at all?i mean,maybe the only reason they seem to travel at such high volocities,is because our perception of time is more slower than theirs?

Read this

thanks,that article is very interesting,im glad im not the only one who thought about this XD

Initiate

PostThu Mar 27, 2014 4:11 pm » by godnodog

Fatdogmendoza wrote:

Read this

I took a look at that link of Claudia Hammond, that link has to do with how the human brain perceives time, time in a "cosmology" terms has nothing to do with it, even if aliens perceive time differently from us a second is still a second, for us a second takes 1 second, and for them 1 second may look like 3 seconds to us. Those travelling thru space at near light speed 1 second is still 1 second, and someone travelling on Earth 1 second is still 1 second, yet (see Special Theory of Relativity) for the one travelling at near the speed of light experiences Time Dilation

In the theory of relativity, time dilation is an actual difference of elapsed time between two events as measured by observers either moving relative to each other or differently situated from gravitational masses.

An accurate clock at rest with respect to one observer may be measured to tick at a different rate when compared to a second observer's own equally accurate clocks. This effect arises neither from technical aspects of the clocks nor from the fact that signals need time to propagate, but from the nature of spacetime itself.

As you can see one thing is what the human brain perceives as time, the other is what time is when travelling at differents speeds. Very different things.

:hiho:

Conspirator

PostThu Mar 27, 2014 4:20 pm » by Rich316

It depends in what aspect you mean. The OP said traveling in those discs.. I think they're shaped that way for a reason.. they're like speaker drivers.. they skim across light waves which means they can move in and out of our reality somehow.. I don't know how they do it but they do seem to have that ability regardless...

As far as perceiving time differently.. this could happen 2 ways. Their home planet has a totally different orbit around their sun. they would age differently, time would be the same but percieved differently because of how long a day takes etc. The other way is they may not be physical at all and are not governed by time.. they could be spiritual entities that perhaps live for hundreds or thousands of our years and not bound by our laws of physics in any way.

Initiate

PostThu Mar 27, 2014 4:25 pm » by godnodog

Forgot to write this part:

The above formula is used for calculating the changes that occur when objects approach the speed of light. This was formulated by the German-American physicist and mathematician Albert Einstein (1879-1955) in his Special Theory of Relativity. Basically, an object in motion undergoes 3 relativistic changes:
1) An increase in mass
2) A contraction in the direction of travel (Lorentz Transformation) and
3) A "slowing down" of time. (Time Dilation)

Velocities in ordinary life which to us might seem incredibly fast have only a miniscule relativistic effect. For example, orbital velocity (5 miles per second) produces a relativistic factor of change of only 1.000000000360219.

Traveling at 93,141.1985 miles per second (half the speed of light) produces a factor of 1.1547005383792517. Here the velocity is incredibly fast and yet the change is still quite small.

At .9 times the speed of light, the factor becomes 2.294157338705618. Finally, the effects of relativity become significant. What does this factor mean though? If you were in a spaceship traveling at .9 times the speed of light:
1) the ship's mass (and you) would increase by a factor of 2.294
2) the ship (and you) would contract in the direction of travel by 2.294, meaning a 300 foot ship would shrink to 130.77 feet.
3) Perhaps the most interesting change is that 1 year to you would seem to be 2.294 years for someone back on Earth.

source:
http://www.1728.org/reltivty.htm

Clocks on the Space Shuttle run slightly slower than reference clocks on Earth, while clocks on GPS and Galileo satellites run slightly faster.[1] Such time dilation has been repeatedly demonstrated (see experimental confirmation below), for instance by small disparities in atomic clocks on Earth and in space, even though both clocks work perfectly (it is not a mechanical malfunction). The laws of nature are such that time itself (i.e. spacetime) will bend due to differences in either gravity or velocity – each of which affects time in different ways.[2][3]

In theory, and to make a clearer example, time dilation could affect planned meetings for astronauts with advanced technologies and greater travel speeds. The astronauts would have to set their clocks to count exactly 80 years, whereas mission control – back on Earth – might need to count 81 years. The astronauts would return to Earth, after their mission, having aged one year less than the people staying on Earth. What is more, the local experience of time passing never actually changes for anyone. In other words, the astronauts on the ship as well as the mission control crew on Earth each feel normal, despite the effects of time dilation (i.e. to the traveling party, those stationary are living "faster"; whilst to those who stood still, their counterparts in motion live "slower" at any given moment).

With technology limiting the velocities of astronauts, these differences are minuscule: after 6 months on the ISS, the astronaut crew has indeed aged less than those on Earth, but only by about 0.007 seconds (nowhere near the 1 year disparity from the theoretical example). The effects would be greater if the astronauts were traveling nearer to the speed of light (approximately 300,000 km/s), instead of their actual speed – which is the speed of the orbiting ISS, about 7.7 km/s.[3]

Time dilation is caused by differences in either gravity or relative velocity. Both factors are at play in the case of ISS astronauts (and are actually opposing one another).
Check
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_dilat ... ace_flight

Psychology has nothing to do with space travel and time perception (I am not talking about the effects os space travel on humans, that is indeed a fascinating topic!).

Initiate

PostThu Mar 27, 2014 5:08 pm » by Innosent

Oh yeah, the Max Payne effect. The only time I've experienced this was when I almost T-boned this car packed full of minors attempting to outrun the local police. Of course, it was temporary and what was mere milliseconds felt like 5 seconds or so. I still can recall the expressions of those bad kids. They ended up crashing into a picket fence.

As for time in general. It is of course dictated by revolutions around the sun. Wherever we are we instinctively count the predictable events and base our activities around this.

If there are beings who are natives of some other planet, they would perceive time relative to the relationship of their star or 'sun'.

Initiate

PostThu Mar 27, 2014 5:54 pm » by Skydog

How we percieve time also has something to do with our Mass,
For instance,to something with as much Mass as a black hole,time will be experienced
at a much slower pace,whole star systems are born and fizzle out in the blink of an
eye,just as we see whole generations of bacteria living,reproducing and dying within a few minutes.
As for the saucers though,at least the ones occupied by beings of a similar size to us,i would
guess they are experiencing time at a similar rate to us but they are doing something else,
Perhaps blinking in and out of our plane of existence to another more contracted one,going
along a bit maybe a meter or two then coming back to ours,thousands of miles later.
Who knows for sure,what Rich316 said is just as likely and infact that is how Billie Meyer
said his alien contacts did it in their Beamships.
Nice topic :flop:

Initiate

PostThu Mar 27, 2014 6:20 pm » by Innosent

Skydog wrote:How we percieve time also has something to do with our Mass,
For instance,to something with as much Mass as a black hole,time will be experienced
at a much slower pace,whole star systems are born and fizzle out in the blink of an
eye,just as we see whole generations of bacteria living,reproducing and dying within a few minutes.
As for the saucers though,at least the ones occupied by beings of a similar size to us,i would
guess they are experiencing time at a similar rate to us but they are doing something else,
Perhaps blinking in and out of our plane of existence to another more contracted one,going
along a bit maybe a meter or two then coming back to ours,thousands of miles later.
Who knows for sure,what Rich316 said is just as likely and infact that is how Billie Meyer
said his alien contacts did it in their Beamships.
Nice topic :flop:

Good Point :flop:

When I was 50 pounds heavier, I was sluggish and lethargic and generally more miserable. I decided to lose some fat and it was the best decision I had ever made up to that point. Now I believe fat even affects brain activity. I feel like my brains neurons flow smoother these days. This, of course will have other physiological benefits like improved hand eye co-ordination, better stamina, increased concentration and improved self esteem.

Super Moderator

PostThu Mar 27, 2014 9:49 pm » by DarkHeart

This is a good thread :cheers:

The thing about time slowing down in accidents etc is true, & I think the people best able to maintain that for long periods are motorcycle street racers, the on bike cameras at the Isle of Man TT race show that they are reacting at superhuman speeds to the incredible velocities they are travelling over bumpy country lanes, I bet the likes of the Reptillians can operate like that too.

Ben Rich the ex-head of Lockheed Martin Skunk Works said that faster than light speed is possible & they had found that Einstein had made an error in his equations.

RE the ET craft, it is my understanding that they can pass from this density (3d) into 4d where time does not exist so its not even relevant.

Yep, fat does make ya slugish, more to the point, carbs which are the main cause of fat make you sluggish, its no accident that modern food is so carb based.
Canubis wrote:i wont be apart of this..my wagon sails into the sun rise! but im sunset passed out for days..while jesus sleeps in your pocket...

Next