COUNTDOWN TO 12-21-2012 - Arrival...

Conspirator

PostSun Nov 18, 2012 12:17 pm » by Richc

dlslith wrote:Reminds me of a Y2K scenario...and look what happened there

There is a big problem with comparing things with Y2K..

I worked in IT at that time and every single system and computer program our compay used had to be changed before Y2K to stop them falling over.

It was a huge task and a hundred people were used to do it for many months before.

This happened in every company in every country that used dates in their technology.

This is the reason Y2K didn't happen. We fixed it before it could.

I know this because i was paid £1500 for 4 hours work babysitting the systems at our company through midnight that day.

RIK
"Theres A Storm Coming!"

Initiate

PostMon Nov 19, 2012 8:02 pm » by Taurus82

so many theories....acctualy i try not to think about it...
but im ready for IF TSHTF :mrcool:
been reading and practicing survival technics for a long time now....
and i have a backpack ready with stuff in it if i have to run for it...
im not a prepper, i wil take the moment as it comes and act to it.
wich wil be scavenging :nwo:

Initiate

PostMon Nov 19, 2012 8:29 pm » by 420milehigh

Richc wrote:

I worked in IT at that time and every single system and computer program our compay used had to be changed before Y2K to stop them falling over.

It was a huge task and a hundred people were used to do it for many months before.

This happened in every company in every country that used dates in their technology.

I know this because i was paid £1500 for 4 hours work babysitting the systems at our company through midnight that day.

RIK

:cheers:

Conspirator

PostMon Nov 19, 2012 8:29 pm » by Seriouscitizen

Taurus82 wrote:so many theories....acctualy i try not to think about it...
but im ready for IF TSHTF :mrcool:
been reading and practicing survival technics for a long time now....
and i have a backpack ready with stuff in it if i have to run for it...
im not a prepper, i wil take the moment as it comes and act to it.
wich wil be scavenging :nwo:

i aint prepping either,. but im starting to wonder if maybe i should.

The whole 2012 thing viewed from a natural cycle angle really puts our society in its place, being that we lost contact with nature and look at prepping and other apocolypse expectations as a result of paranoia (in general) while it is actually the 'natural thing' to do. Think of ants or squirrals collecting food to prepare for anual cycles. These cycles come both in macro as in micro level, animals survive and prep not out of fear, but because they are adapted to their enviroment and simply have an instinct for survival.
The commercial lifestyle of the western civilisation doesnt allow us to come back in contact or even consider natural cycles. It is based on rational lineair thinking,. Its like comparing a 2d with a 3d or 4d point of view. Cycles aren't compatible with a lineair point of view it is only with spiral thinking or wholistic thinking.
Makes you wonder..
Last edited by Seriouscitizen on Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Conspirator

PostMon Nov 19, 2012 8:31 pm » by Tjahzi

Richc wrote:

RIK

so.. computers couldn't handle changing a 1999 into a 2000?

or was there a bigger issue? what did you have to do then, reprogram the whole thing?

Super Moderator

PostTue Nov 20, 2012 2:29 am » by Seahawk

This one's off in left field, a little, but It's kind of interesting. Not really about Doom. Very Sketchsi- ish, but I like the concepts. (4:47 run time.) :flop:

Upload to Disclose.tv

This Lady ROCKS. This is the most reasonable estimation of December 21, 2012, that I have yet seen.
(6:42 run time)

:flop:

Upload to Disclose.tv

:cheers:

Upload to Disclose.tv

We gather knowledge faster than we gather wisdom. - William Bell

Master Conspirator

PostTue Nov 20, 2012 2:41 am » by *WillEase*

When it comes to sheer bunkum, snake-oil-caliber nonsense, it is hard to surpass the Mayan Calendar Prophecy. Let’s be honest with one another: it isn’t a prophecy. It’s more like a Rorschach ink-blot test wherein everyone gets to develop their 2012 fantasy and share it with the world.

Think about it. First, the year 2012 was to mark the end of the world, because the Mayan calendar only went out as far as the year 2012. Then someone else comes along and says, “No. What will really occur is the world will be magically transformed by the dawning of some sort of Age of Aquarius, or superconsciousness, or…whatever.” The fact that the calendar is producing so many different flavors of “prophecy” is proof that there is no prophecy. Let’s call it the 2012 Free-For-All, or the 2012 Guess-a-thon, but not the 2012 Prophecy. That gives prophecy a bad name.

That said, I would like to offer my own update to the 2012 forecast for humanitarian reasons. I have a Planetsafe calendar hanging on my wall that ends in 2014. Based on the faultless logic that inspired the 2012 prophecy, I must conclude that we’ve still got a few years left. So, Mayan Prophecy proponents, I am here to announce a two year reprieve. Relax, stop building your bunker, no need to head for the hills, at least not until 2014.

http://www.thetemplateoftime.com/blog/category/humor/

P.S. The Mayan calendar in the video above isn't even Mayan to begin with... :censored:
(No offence Seahawk)
The site owner Lukas said I could show you how to makes hundreds of dollars in your spare time like I do.
If you would like to get yours too, PM me and I WILL hook you up.

Super Moderator

PostTue Nov 20, 2012 3:00 am » by Seahawk

Lol. No offense taken, Will. I wasn't even watching. I just listened.

I still agree with what she had to say. :P

The Tom Payne writing in your last post, works well with this thread. :flop:

That's pretty much what this thread is about- the 12-21-2012 Soup pot of (prophetic) doomm gloom, and

bizarreness, with a little logic and reason mixed in for the rest of us. :flop: :cheers:

Upload to Disclose.tv

We gather knowledge faster than we gather wisdom. - William Bell

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 20, 2012 3:06 am » by E6722maj

i'm on the edge of my seat

whatever

Master Conspirator

PostTue Nov 20, 2012 3:13 am » by *WillEase*

Seahawk wrote:Lol. No offense taken, Will. I wasn't even watching. I just listened.

I still agree with what she had to say. :P

The Tom Payne writing in your last post, works well with this thread. :flop:

That's pretty much what this thread is about- the 12-21-2012 Soup pot of (prophetic) doomm gloom, and

bizarreness, with a little logic and reason mixed in for the rest of us. :flop: :cheers:

I thought so too. Thanks for adding the link...I forgot. :oops:
The site owner Lukas said I could show you how to makes hundreds of dollars in your spare time like I do.
If you would like to get yours too, PM me and I WILL hook you up.

PreviousNext