COUNTDOWN TO 12-21-2012 - Arrival...

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 20, 2012 5:11 am » by Rich316

The maya calendar doesn't end in 2012.. it goes to 4772.. The only thing that ends is the 13th baktun, the 22nd dec is the start of the 14th baktun..

Whilst I agree all these new age people talking about dna upgrades, the moon being towed away, the ascension to the 4th or is it the 5th dimension, pole shifts and massive cataclysms.. There is more to tje work of the maya than you may think.. However there isn't much to go on regarding next month since the spaniards destroyed most of it..

Tarring all researchers with the same brush is a little ignorant though.

This is a good read http://decipherment.wordpress.com/2011/10/04/more-on-tortugueros-monument-6-and-the-prophecy-that-wasnt/ as is this

[url]decipherment.wordpress.com/2008/12/20/what-will-not-happen-in-2012/[/url]

Why does it have to be doom and gloom anyway? The human mind is hell bent on fear.. I guess fear sells dvds and books. Some are doing this, many of the respected researchers like John Major Jenkins, Geoff Stray etc, all do good thorough work and keep it on topic.

Super Moderator

PostWed Nov 21, 2012 4:44 am » by Seahawk

Upload to Disclose.tv

Published on Nov 20, 2012 by TheCoop30301

Program dates:

Wednesday, Nov. 21 at 9 p.m. and midnight ET

Friday, Nov. 23 at 9 p.m. and midnight ET

Saturday, Nov. 24 at 4 a.m. ET

Sunday, Nov. 25 at 10 p.m. ET

Monday, Nov. 26 at 1 a.m. and 4 a.m. ET

Mankind has long been fascinated with doomsday and hundreds of thousands of predictions have been made about the end of our world. While most of these are associated with the second coming of Christ, the focus is now on the Maya civilization of Southern Mexico and the end of their calendar on December 21, 2012 -- the coming Winter Solstice. Over 3,000 books and countless websites claim that the Maya predicted the Earth will be destroyed on this date.

The scenarios are truly frightening: The Earth will be destroyed by colliding with an asteroid or being pulled into the black hole at the center of the Milky Way Galaxy. Others claim a galactic planetary alignment that will tear the Earth apart or the Earth's magnetic poles will shift and our planet will turn upside down.

• Producer's notebook: 'Mystery of the Maya'

"Fox News Reporting" correspondents began investigating the Countdown to Doomsday last June 21st on the Summer Solstice. Adam Housley reports from Palenque, the so-called "jewel of the Maya Classic Period," to find out what the Maya believed. Lauren Green travels to the battlefield of Armageddon where the Book of Revelation describes the final battles of good vs. evil. Amy Kellogg is at the prehistoric megalith Stonehenge to see the sun rise and ask the druids if they are there to celebrate or countdown to Doomsday.

• Assignment: Mexico Maya -- The producer's point of view

Understanding the New Testament's vision of the second coming of Christ is led by Fr. Mark Arey, whose recent translation of the Book of Revelation from Greek is now illustrated as a graphic novel. Archaeologist Eric Cline describes the doomsday battlefield of Armageddon. Evangelical preacher Marcus Lamb describes his belief that the end is truly near and he's even put up a live Internet camera in Jerusalem to capture Jesus' return.

It is a fact that the Maya calendar will end on December 21, 2012. But, don't believe the hype: The world is not about to end. Debunking the doomsday scenarios are astronomer Anthony Aveni, physicist Michio Kaku, archaeologist Christopher Powell and author Graham Hancock. Plus, psychiatrist Dr. Keith Ablow tells why the idea of a doomsday is appealing to some people.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/fox-news- ... z2CoyhUr00

Upload to Disclose.tv

We gather knowledge faster than we gather wisdom. - William Bell

Conspirator

PostWed Nov 21, 2012 8:50 am » by Rich316

I didn't expect fox news to get it right.. The calendar does not end, the 13th baktun ends, the 14th begins on the 22nd Dec and it goes for over 2,500 more years.

Conspirator

PostWed Nov 21, 2012 9:09 am » by Dukettt

If Curiosity has found life or remnants of it on mars, then it would be nice of them to announce it at 21.12.2012
------------------------------
canubis wrote:
a hill goes up not digs itself into a grave newbie.. lol i made the word LOL in 95 on ms CHAT orels ill be saying ROFLMAO fkn n00b

Conspirator

PostWed Nov 21, 2012 12:26 pm » by Flecktarn

bring it on ,if it happens and changes the world and people realise that by working together and not fighting things could be better ,if it is a semi extinction event lets hope its selective :twisted:
ImageImage

Conspirator

PostWed Nov 21, 2012 1:12 pm » by Richc

Rich316 wrote:I didn't expect fox news to get it right.. The calendar does not end, the 13th baktun ends, the 14th begins on the 22nd Dec and it goes for over 2,500 more years.

Thats exactly what i posted in a different thread with the actual baktun dates from this one onwards. :flop:

But what the so called scholars are saying is that the last time the 13th baktun ended there was a massive shift in life on Earth so thats what they think is supposed to happen this time as well...

Proof, none.. Smell of optimistic BS.. Extremely stinky... :lol:

Ok can we put the Nibiru theory in 2012 to bed now please.

If Nibiru is supposed to shoot past us on 21st Dec then think about this...

If Nibiru for arguements sakes was travelling at roughly the same speed as Earth ( 67000 MPH )
and it is only 1 month away then that would be 48 Million miles away.

Thats about the distance from Earth to the next planet Mars. ( 0.5 AU or there abouts. )

Now if Nibiru is supposed to be 4 times bigger than Jupiter and has a companion Star ( Nemesis ) then surely if both are half the distance to our Sun away from us then bad weather wouldn't be the result.

It would already be catastrophe.?

Personally i think Nibiru is a planet on the outskirts of our Solar System that never ventures into the inner planets.

Planet X = Planet 10, before planet 9, Pluto was demoted.

Side note... Did anyone pick up on the line Kirt Russell said in the 1994 movie StarGate..

He is on the distant planet at the other end of the StarGate and he says...

"I'm on Planet 'X' lookin' for a dweeb who wears green fatigues" :flop:

RIK
"Theres A Storm Coming!"

Conspirator

PostWed Nov 21, 2012 3:19 pm » by Richc

Tjahzi wrote:
Richc wrote:
dlslith wrote:Reminds me of a Y2K scenario...and look what happened there

There is a big problem with comparing things with Y2K..

I worked in IT at that time and every single system and computer program our compay used had to be changed before Y2K to stop them falling over.

It was a huge task and a hundred people were used to do it for many months before.

This happened in every company in every country that used dates in their technology.

This is the reason Y2K didn't happen. We fixed it before it could.

I know this because i was paid £1500 for 4 hours work babysitting the systems at our company through midnight that day.

RIK

so.. computers couldn't handle changing a 1999 into a 2000?

or was there a bigger issue? what did you have to do then, reprogram the whole thing?

Sorry for the late response TJ.. Just spotted the question.

Yes the systems would not handle the date change.

Most of our systems were built/programmed in the 1970's. At the time they did not expect they would be in use past 2000 so the date in the systems would either click back into the 1970s or 1901. I can't remember which. ( long time ago now. )

The date format was going to change in such a way the programs were not ready for it. ( 2 digit into 4 digit. )

The problems that would have come about were overhyped in my opinion but banks and companies that relied on dates in their systems would have had a nightmare. :flop:

RIK
"Theres A Storm Coming!"

Conspirator

PostThu Nov 22, 2012 2:42 am » by Rich316

Richc wrote:
Rich316 wrote:I didn't expect fox news to get it right.. The calendar does not end, the 13th baktun ends, the 14th begins on the 22nd Dec and it goes for over 2,500 more years.

Thats exactly what i posted in a different thread with the actual baktun dates from this one onwards. :flop:

But what the so called scholars are saying is that the last time the 13th baktun ended there was a massive shift in life on Earth so thats what they think is supposed to happen this time as well...

RIK

That would have put the last 13th baktun at around 5874BC - I have not see or heard of anything too dramatic taking place in the 6th millenia BC http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/6th_millennium_BC
So I call BS on that one too.

Conspirator

PostThu Nov 22, 2012 11:29 am » by Richc

Rich316 wrote:
Richc wrote:

RIK

That would have put the last 13th baktun at around 5874BC - I have not see or heard of anything too dramatic taking place in the 6th millenia BC http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/6th_millennium_BC
So I call BS on that one too.

But...

There are sites that state stuff like this...

"Around 6000 BC, at the beginning of the Archaic period, the climate became drier and Ice Age mammals had become extinct."

So could the Global Climate have changed in a big way at the time of the last 13th Baktun ending.?

Could the 2012 13th Baktun ending be all about the climate cycle and we are about to enter another huge climate shift.?

That would change the World as we know it.

RIK
"Theres A Storm Coming!"

Conspirator

PostThu Nov 22, 2012 12:14 pm » by Rich316

Well it wasn't overnight if and when the climate changed.. Climate is changing now but it's not as drastically as the doom and gloom scientists predicted.. What some of these sites claim is sudden and abrupt changes but the evidence to date is sketchy at best.. If it were to be a sudden change in climate, mankind is not anywhere near prepared for such changes.. They'd have a better chance adapting 6,000 year ago without all the houses, cars and buildings and everything we rely on so heavily. I'd say those ice age mammals had already become extinct too.. Interesting though.. Go back to 10,000 BC when the ice age did abruptly end - there you have some fast climate change.. I guess we should just enjoy the time between these ice ages then :)

PreviousNext