Crazy Christians: This Is Amazing

Super Moderator

PostThu Jul 19, 2012 3:12 am » by Spock

No, not offended at all. I'm very happy you understand. :flop:

Initiate

PostSun Jul 22, 2012 3:34 am » by Sentientseed

I'm sorry you saw that as a negative "tactic", but the reasoning behind what I said was this; it is because "Christianity" was born from the New Testament, everything before that was lead up history, and in the first 5 books of the Bible it is also based on the "law", where as the NT is based on grace and forgiveness and not condemnation. If there was no New Testament, no Gospel of Jesus (which is the first 4 books of the NT) then there is no Christianity.

I have an addition I'd like to make. I am not looking for controversy but opinion/take on something.

Again i have no issue with the quote as being genuine nor am I suggesting it right or wrong.

I would like to also pose the possibility that if there were no OT there would be no Christianity either.

Spock or anyone else really,

Please take the time to watch this video if at all possible. It is relevant to this. I am not saying it is right or wrong either. Just looking for your position on what they are saying. There is much interpretative controversy among Christian's and their views of the old and new testament, the teachings of their Christ, and the laws or commandments of their Creator. Tis one reason there are so many denominations and not a unified church. I am anxious to see peoples opinion's on this...

Upload to Disclose.tv

"There is more than just one answer to these questions pointing me in a crooked line. The less I seek my source for some definite...the closer I am to fine!"~Indigo girls

Initiate

PostSun Jul 22, 2012 6:09 am » by SonOfGodEternalFlame

3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;

4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,

5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.

7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.

8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.

9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.

10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Initiate

PostSun Jul 22, 2012 6:21 am » by SonOfGodEternalFlame

Initiate

PostSun Jul 22, 2012 9:34 am » by Sentientseed

Some men's sins are open beforehand, going before to judgment; and some men they follow after.

....whatever one sows, that will he also reap.

For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we.

But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.

“Even when alternative views are clearly wrong, being exposed to them still expands our creative potential. In a way, the power of dissent is the power of surprise. After hearing someone shout out an errant answer, we work to understand it, which causes us to reassess our initial assumptions and try out new perspectives. “Authentic dissent can be difficult, but it’s always invigorating,” [Charlan] Nemeth [a professor of psychology at the University of California at Berkeley] says. “It wakes us right up.”

“If others tell us something we make assumptions, and if they don't tell us something we make assumptions to fulfill our need to know and to replace the need to communicate. Even if we hear something and we don't understand we make assumptions about what it means and then believe the assumptions. We make all sorts of assumptions because we don't have the courage to ask questions.”

“Don’t build roadblocks out of assumptions.”

Upload to Disclose.tv

"There is more than just one answer to these questions pointing me in a crooked line. The less I seek my source for some definite...the closer I am to fine!"~Indigo girls

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 22, 2012 9:12 pm » by Yuya63

monica44 wrote:It is my belief, that Jesus denounced the "Church Tax" collectors, he was against the churches amassing wealth for themselves, he was against the jewels they bedecked themselves with, fine cloth etc......
In my opinion, none of the worlds religions are free from this parasitic practice, it seems to me the biggest get rich scheme on the planet is to set up a religion, guaranteed to make you minted, within a very short space of time. :hell: :hell:

I was thinking of this as so true. But then i thought of the Muslims. I dont recall ever seeing a muslim wearing gold trinketts or jewel's. When i think of muslims, i picture them sleeping on dirt floors and wearing what i would call rags. I know thats not the way it is in all the world. But, hey, what do i know?

Initiate

PostMon Jul 23, 2012 12:21 am » by Sentientseed

Upload to Disclose.tv

The question and answer part of this is what I like best. It gives some really good insight moreso for me in the area of interaction and benefit such can provide vs actual squabbles over the lecture.

Previous