Creepy Soviet Monuments in Bulgaria

Master Conspirator

PostThu Apr 26, 2012 6:35 pm » by Cornbread714

This is a really cool story and link. As many of you know, I spend time in Bulgaria and other countries (just got back here to Varna a week ago) working as a freelance writer and musician. For a while I was an editor and manager of a sort of intern program for young writers from other countries whom we hired to come to Bulgaria to work and learn more about copy writing for various web marketing programs.

I had the privilege to work with some very talented people, many of whom have stayed on as freelancers.

Anyway, I stumbled across a blog put up by one of the guys who was working under me. He was, in my opinion, the best of the writers we brought to Bulgaria. He uses a pseudonym on his blog so I didn't realize it was his until I mentioned it to one of the other interns/freelancers whom I saw last week after getting back to town.

Anyway, it's one of the coolest blogs I've seen and I think some of you might enjoy reading his posts about Urban Exploration (Urbex) in general and his experiences checking out these cool and creepy abandoned Soviet monuments here in Bulgaria.

It's great writing - plus, the guy is super-ballsy for going deep into some of these places alone - and there are lots of good pictures and even some mood music to give you a bit of atmosphere while reading about his adventures. I'm really proud of him - this is really what good blogging is all about, as far as I'm concerned.

Check it out:

http://bohemian-blog.blogspot.com/2012/ ... party.html

Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Initiate

PostThu Apr 26, 2012 6:58 pm » by Stratosfear

That's a cool blog. The abandoned village was interesting. I love old deserted buildings - something about the way nature reclaims them and the air of melancholy of an industry or way of life long vanished.
Image "In the wardrobe of my soul ... in the section labelled 'Shirts'"