Criss Angel Body Split Trick-How?!

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 30, 2013 4:09 pm » by Temps13

DTV-ers how's this done?
Is it like just TV trickery? as it can't be prosthetic legs the womans standing on? And Angel does the trick on himself sometimes..
Come on I know you know

Upload to Disclose.tv

Image Image
IRMENSUL13

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 30, 2013 11:07 pm » by Temps13

I will say-this trick uses video editing and doubles-all are actors-one pair are legless amputees the other normal..they switch via camera pans & video cuts.
The legs at the start are normal but after they're pulled apart,observe the boys darker,thicker prosthetics remain on the bench.
God how cheap,I thought this was something more.The magic circle should disavow video editing shite :hell:
Image Image
IRMENSUL13

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 30, 2013 11:52 pm » by Cia212

The audience is part of the act.

Notice the last camera cut before he pulls them apart. The original people have been replaced with dwarves with their legs tucked up by their chest and fake legs (it could also be amputees as Temps13 said). That's why there's now a bloat in the belly area, it's hiding the legs. The woman never fully shows her face when she's on the ground and the man is wearing a hat and glasses, the hat falls off so it's even harder to tell the difference. Plus his back is to the camera except in 1 second of shaky and blurry low res camera phone footage (even though no camera phone takes video that grainy in full sunlight).

Another camera cut and he switches back to the original people dressed as the other from the waist down.

Kevin James did it with an amputee on America's Got Talent.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Super Moderator

PostThu Oct 31, 2013 12:15 am » by Spock

Indeed - I commented on this trick a couple weeks ago. It is a magic trick - but it's for the TV audience, so, I guess that still counts if it was titillating.

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 31, 2013 1:23 am » by Temps13

I was hoping you guys would comment..but then I looked carefully..it was disheartening to learn that mere video cuts were the 'trick'..what kind of illusionism is that? Anyone can do that..
This guys career should be over..I had Derrin Brown on a video & was impressed by his 'staring' trick (He'd stare at people & they'd cave in & get scared & 'disturbed') & then I heard that was the same cheap 'trick'-actors etc..(after he had claimed in the pilot that wouldn't be done)
Very sad..I hoped it might of been like the technological light bending or something :ghost:
Image Image
IRMENSUL13

Super Moderator

PostThu Oct 31, 2013 1:34 am » by Spock

That sucks, I've always been a Darren Brown fan. When it comes to street magic, I prefer David Blain, because he is genuine, not relying on cameras.

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 31, 2013 1:45 am » by Cia212

Temps13 wrote:I was hoping you guys would comment..but then I looked carefully..it was disheartening to learn that mere video cuts were the 'trick'..what kind of illusionism is that? Anyone can do that..
This guys career should be over..I had Derrin Brown on a video & was impressed by his 'staring' trick (He'd stare at people & they'd cave in & get scared & 'disturbed') & then I heard that was the same cheap 'trick'-actors etc..(after he had claimed in the pilot that wouldn't be done)
Very sad..I hoped it might of been like the technological light bending or something :ghost:

Angel has always used camera tricks and After Effects - that's 90% of his show. It's sad too because his original stage act was supposed to be pretty good. But, when he presents camera tricks and bad acting as a skilled illusion, he just comes off as such a douche.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Initiate

PostThu Oct 31, 2013 1:50 am » by Skydog

@1.25 you can see some framework and the start of the mirrored section below her legs.All the rest was definately magic though :flop:

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 31, 2013 2:04 am » by Cia212

Spock wrote:That sucks, I've always been a Darren Brown fan. When it comes to street magic, I prefer David Blain, because he is genuine, not relying on cameras.

Sorry to say, Blaine uses camera tricks too...both with card tricks and levitation. The Masked Magician exposed it on one of his specials. Darren Brown used a camera tracking system for his lottery trick and uses plants for all of his mentalist tricks. Darren's stage act is better, but even there he's been accused of using plants. Hell, one of Copperfield's TV specials had an entire audience of plants. I like magicians who can perform a great stage act. S&R were good but repetitive, Copperfield's stage act was pretty great, Lance Burton was amazing, but Penn and Teller have one of the best shows ever and their bullet catch might be the best illusion currently performed.

Penn Jillette on Criss Angel

Upload to Disclose.tv

Super Moderator

PostThu Oct 31, 2013 2:21 am » by Spock

I enjoyed the P & T trick when the 18 wheeler ran over Teller, the back 4 tires, down his whole body and face.

They showed how it was done.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Next