CROP CIRCLE CHALLENGE 2013

Conspirator

PostFri Feb 01, 2013 8:03 am » by Cia212

I'll try to say this a different way. We'll take this step by step so you don't get lost.

Is the object of the contest to replicate the original CC that occurred in 2001? Yes or no?

Conspirator

PostFri Feb 01, 2013 8:06 am » by Iwanci

Btw does anyone have any pictures of CC's that do not have those irrigation machinery lines through them?

Just saying... could these not have been used? Now, don't tell me that the stems in these tracks were also not broken, or did they make an allowance for those ones, and if so, could those tracks not have been used to make the circles so as not to leave any tracks,,,, hidden in plain sight...
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Initiate

PostFri Feb 01, 2013 8:49 am » by I2haveseen

Iwanci wrote:So maybe they did not make the original but gladly took the credit for someone elses' work... it still doesn't mean it wasn't man made... so, who did make that CC? who knows and who cares because all the matters is the knowledge that as soon as the 'mystique' is gone the value of these CC's goes down the drain..

Things are worth so much more when they are rare and mysterious don't you think?

100,000 may be a lot of money to some.. but who knows, to others it may not be worth getting out of bed for...

anyhow, this is another one of those topics where we don't know that which we don't know... we will keep going around in circles with this debate... hahahaha pardon the pun :alien51:

Pardon the pun nothing. I like it :flop:

And by the by, I've never said 'They'er not man made', I just don't belive the men in question made it. If it was put to me (a how to vid for ex.) that a team of mit students had made it, then yeah, i could go for that.

Cia, 'step by step'? Wow guess I'm having a good day (whats that, 5 peeps to day on me????) for some reason. Ok then let's play:

I said:
Cia their not p[laceing restrictions. Their asking for a duplicate. And not even exact with a + or - 2% margin
Gave you their critera:
11) All parties must agree in advance to a reasonable margin or ‘error’ tolerance when judging the outcome of the test (e.g. up to 2%).

Then you aksed:
Is the object of the contest to replicate the original CC that occurred in 2001? Yes or no?

[It's clear your maths could be stronger] so I reply the same answer (without those horrible numbers):
Yes. Plus or minus two percent
Hey trolls.... If you want to rip me a new one, You better have a sharp set of nails.
▲Not an invitation peeps..... It's a warning.

Conspirator

PostFri Feb 01, 2013 8:58 am » by Iwanci

I agree with you on this one I2... :flop:
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Conspirator

PostFri Feb 01, 2013 9:04 am » by Cia212

I2haveseen wrote:Then you aksed:

[It's clear your maths could be stronger] so I reply the same answer (without those horrible numbers):
Yes. Plus or minus two percent

Then how many broken stems were there in 2001, so that we may know what constitutes +-2%?

Initiate

PostFri Feb 01, 2013 9:14 am » by I2haveseen

lol I'll try highlighting and smaller words then:

Cia their not p[laceing restrictions. Their asking for a duplicate. And not even exact with a + or - 2% margin
Gave you their critera:
11) All parties must agree in advance to a reasonable margin or ‘error’ tolerance when judging the outcome of the test (e.g. up to 2%).

Have you got it yet?
Hey trolls.... If you want to rip me a new one, You better have a sharp set of nails.

Conspirator

PostFri Feb 01, 2013 9:18 am » by Lucidlemondrop

Even if they reproduced it perfectly and bent a few stems so didn't qualify for the money it would still lay to rest doubt regarding the ability to duplicate the original.

This would show that it COULD be done and the general public would be convinced and forgive a few broken stems, IMO.
What a long strange trip it's been..............

Initiate

PostFri Feb 01, 2013 9:28 am » by I2haveseen

Lucidlemondrop wrote:Even if they reproduced it perfectly and bent a few stems so didn't qualify for the money it would still lay to rest doubt regarding the ability to duplicate the original.

This would show that it COULD be done and the general public would be convinced and forgive a few broken stems, IMO.

Thats a good point. In fact, now I think about it. I'm sure being even '10% out' would pass the believability test.

Conspirator

PostFri Feb 01, 2013 9:41 am » by Iwanci

I am also sure that if the real creators wanted to prove anything it would be that they have proven that they can hold down a good mystery....
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Conspirator

PostFri Feb 01, 2013 9:49 am » by Cia212

I2haveseen wrote:lol I'll try highlighting and smaller words then:

Gave you their critera:

Have you got it yet?

Yes, I've got it. You have no idea how many stems were broken in the original, neither do the organizers, therefore NO margin of error is enough.

For the test to be fair, the broken stem rule has to be thrown out completely.

PreviousNext