Crop Formations...Why not set up a camera?

Conspirator

PostMon Sep 10, 2012 2:28 pm » by Tjahzi

nice vid cognoscenti!

Super Moderator

PostMon Sep 10, 2012 3:39 pm » by Spock

I didn't see a video but that is one hell of an article.

Conspirator

PostMon Sep 10, 2012 3:58 pm » by Fatdogmendoza

'It seems to me what is called for is an exquisite balance between two conflicting needs: the most skeptical scrutiny of all hypotheses that are served up to us and at the same time a great openness to new ideas … If you are only skeptical, then no new ideas make it through to you … On the other hand, if you are open to the point of gullibility and have not an ounce of skeptical sense in you, then you cannot distinguish the useful ideas from the worthless ones'.

Carl Sagan

And after that great quote I am sorry to say that I think crop circles are beautiful manmade objects, with possibly the odd natural formation but I guess they would be the basic ones that people who belive in extraterrestrial intervention would call the tatty manmade ones...
Canubis wrote:slith dont b A noob.. u r my no 1 mo fo

Conspirator

PostTue Sep 11, 2012 6:53 am » by Iwanci

Cog, perhaps, just maybe perhaps people do not 'splash' out money on UFO research and CC's because the ones with the money simply do not believe?? Imagine this for one second, if I had oodles of money, some of which I could freely use to further explore the possibility of alien existence and/or cc's, and in doing so I would go down in history as a pioneer, my name being seen in eons as the forefather of alien or paranormal discoveries via proof, why wouldn't I do it? The answer is that I, and anyone else (believer or not) would gladly spend the money for this imortal recognistion (aside from the obvious answering of one of mans most fundemental questions, are we alone). The only reason I can see as to why money isn't being thrown at this subject is only because it is NOT a worthwhile investment, either financially or morally, in other words, there is nothing of real value to gain in only proving that CC's are in fact man made, this is probably the only real conclusion that would ever be drawn, so why waste money for something so inconsiquential? On the other hand, if some (or a lot) of money coud prove the existence of alien involvement, trust me when I say there would be towers with cameras above evry field.

Also, you imply that these 'aliens' would likely not wnt to be identified or seen? So why would they waste their time with making these circles in the first place, do you think they are intergalactic grafiti artists and only come to earth to 'tag' out fields? I doubt it, any species deliberately trying to comunicate with another would go to great lengths to be recognised. Imagine it was you, would you simply go somewhere, draw a picture and disappear? would that bring you closer or further from contact do you think?

On a side, honestly, the arguments for and against any of these so called 'paranormal' activities are skewed either way. On this subject the overwhelming concensus is man made involvement, even so however, I am willing to be open minded and think.. 'what if?'... however, I need more than an internet article to make me a convert sorry, I need some element of undeniablilty.. proof. Not proof for the negative, proof for the positive. Proof does not come in the form of unanswered questions either, proof comes by answering questions and not asking them.

So, my mind is 80/20 towards human involvement...

As mentioned in other posts, the 'proof' of alien involvement would make me eat humble pie, but from a greater aspect would vindicate me in so many other ways, ie, I would like nothing more than to be wrong on this subject, I stand to gain so much more by being wrong than being right...

so please PLEASE P L E A S E.... prove me wrong.

Cheers

:cheers:
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Initiate

PostTue Sep 11, 2012 8:36 am » by Warngen

Iwanci wrote:so please PLEASE P L E A S E.... prove me wrong.

Cheers

You have to prove yourself wrong. All anyone can do for you is show you information. It is your decision on what to believe, so the monkey is on your back.

Reminds me of the saying, "You can take the horse to the water but you cannot make him drink."

:flop:
It's only information and it is freely given. It doesn't cost you anything and you are under no obligation to believe it or act upon it, or criticize it either. It's just an opinion given in the interest of helping and nothing more.
You come to your own conclusions based on your own experience

Conspirator

PostTue Sep 11, 2012 9:06 am » by Iwanci

No my friend, I know (at least as much as anyone else) that I am right on this subject. Throwing more 'questionable' information does not change my mind, on the contrary, it only serves to show me that the other side of the debate has even less of a clue than I do.

Now, if someone could tale me with them and together we witnessed the incredible, eg, I saw with my own eyes that a CC was formed in less than minute (as some believe), then for me that would satisfy me. However, I know that no one can show me this, so I ask for irrefutable proof that these CC's are NOT man made. It is NOT ok to state that we do not know and as a result there is something other than human intervention. It is NOT right to say, we do not know and hence it must be an alien or paranormal activity. It is NOT right to say, we can't answer the question so there is no human involvement.

Man is capable of great deceipt, we all know this to be true, so why not use this as a starting point when the facts are not so determinable? Why do we always seek to explain things we don't understand as being of alien, godly or paranormal origin? Is this not how religion begun? People with no understanding for their time attributing all that was unknown and good unto a god and all that was unkown and bad onto a devil or vengeful god? Do we not look back at our ancestors in history and think 'how could they believe in that', it is so obvious to us?

My point, show me the proof I require to believe and I will believe. The burden of proof is always on the person making the claim. In this case, believe anything you want no issue, but don't expect others to believe based purely on your interpretation, rather, show someone your proof and you need not worry about doing any convincing. Until the time comes where proof shows us the right answer either way, we must go with the balance of probablity, in this case it is overwhelmingly on human intervention.

This is not to say that we should stop asking and stop researching, on the contrary, let he/she who thinks otherwise undertake all the research they need to prove their theory, and then once proven, come out and bask in the glory of righteousness. I will be there cheering you on, Kudos to you if you can prove this one.

For reference, no one from the opposite side has even come close to taking a horse to water, all they have really done is made mere suggestions... take me to the water (show me the proof), and I will drink (I will change my mind), suggest I drink and I will only consider the options.

Fortes fortuna iuvat

Initiate

PostTue Sep 11, 2012 9:30 am » by Warngen

Disclaimer: I am in no way trying to be an asshole to anyone. I just state my opinion and whats on my mind. Nothing personal.

I understand where you are coming from. I myself don't care whether someone believes in something or not. It is not my position to make someone believe something, regardless of the mound of information I may show them. My point was that even if someone showed you what you wanted to see, it is ultimately YOUR decision to believe or not. Someone cannot go into your brain, send pulses throughout your mind and MAKE you decide one way or another, no matter how much 'evidence' one might show you. (Unless you are subject to mind control) Example, I can hold a real 10 dollar bill in someones face and tell them, 'this is a real 10 dollar bill', but it is ultimately up to that person to determine, on their own, whether or not it is a real $10 bill or not. Hence my sig, "You come to your own conclusions based on your own experience."

That's all I was saying.

P.S. I am perhaps the most lurking lurker in this whole community. :alien: As you can see, I have been a member since '08 and I've only posted a little over 200 posts since then. I like to read more than type, but every so often I will. I usually tend to keep my mouth shut, or more appropriately, keep my fingers to myself.

It's only information and it is freely given. It doesn't cost you anything and you are under no obligation to believe it or act upon it, or criticize it either. It's just an opinion given in the interest of helping and nothing more.

Initiate

PostTue Sep 11, 2012 1:43 pm » by Cognoscenti

@iwanci: Good of you to maintain an open mind. As I said in a previous post I know some people will not believe in the paranormality of crop circles until or unless they were to see one go down in front of their very eyes through some unseen force. I understand that. However, most of what you know or believe is not based on your own personal experience, but from an examination of the accumulated evidence, and facts that you have been taught. Consider a jury of twelve presiding over a murder trial. Not one of those individuals actually was a witness to the crime, but they have heard eyewitness testimony, seen the DNA evidence of the blood on the knife, etc. Remember the list of irrefutable facts I posted earlier. Remember, too, that if there is an advanced nonhuman intelligence trying to communicate with us, they cannot be expected to think and do things as humans do. They will be aware of our hostile potential, and the potential for a major shock to the psychology of the majority of humanity if they make their presence known in an undeniable visitation. Maybe they know that the best way to prepare other intelligent life for the truth of their existence is through a gradual process such as the crop circles which lead to human investigation , personal discovery, and debates such as this. So, I took such a personal journey to Wiltshire in the summers of 2007 and 2009. I had threee very unusual experiences which added to my conviction that there is "something strange " going on not explainable by the human-made crop circles. First , I had camera failure in a CC with freshly charged batteries in my camera, no function in CC, worked fine outside CC. Second, I photographed anomalous lights shooting out of a formation in daytime conditions. Third, I experienced some very strange physical sensations in a couple different CCs. In one, all my teeth began to throb painfully, an effect that lasted almost an hour after leaving the formation, In another case I felt strangley vertiginous...I am extermely healthy, and take no medications. Then, too there was seeing on the ground crop lying in multiple layers and in different directions, and the finding of multiple bent and elongated nodes confined to the CC, and twisted bundles of wheat that seemed set as if they were spaghetti which had cooled and hardened into the new postion. I could not reprodeuce that effect by twisting bundles of wheat. They would not hold their new position as if glued together. Being on the ground and seeing the huge expanse of some formations across undulating ground making any line of sight measurements impossible simply has to be experienced.

Conspirator

PostTue Sep 11, 2012 6:13 pm » by Daemonfoe

To jump to one side of the fence based on this question of "Why aren't we trying to film it?" takes just as much gullibility as it does to jump to one side of the fence for any other reason.

It is a good question. Why aren't more people trying to film it? You can't just assume, "because everyone knows it's fake." How is does one logically lead to the other? They don't connect that easily.

At this point in the debate/investigation, I don't care if they are man made, aliens like to draw graffiti in crops, or they are a byproduct or a symptom of some other phenomenon that doesn't make up such a simple answer.

What I want to know is where the radiation comes from in the crops, and how do they bend at the nodes. Remove all the obvious man made formations and take what's left, then explain those. Add this question to the list of unknowns. Why aren't people trying to film it? What exactly is stopping them? We know for sure there are many people who would willing film these fields day and night, but what is the real reason they aren't doing it? It's not just as simple as, "because everyone knows it's all fake." If everyone knows it's fake, then why does this debate continue? Obviously nothing could be further from the truth.
The two choices we have are something starting from nothing, or something existing infinitely. These are both paradoxes. The existence of everything is therefore a paradox. -daemonfoe

Initiate

PostWed Sep 12, 2012 8:53 am » by Warngen

Great posts you guys! :clapper: :mrgreen: :flop:

PreviousNext