Dancing goats bring joy to elderly

Super Moderator

PostFri Aug 10, 2012 4:01 pm » by The57ironman

...there's a component of love that is evident in the care for these animals

...they are being loved

....and surely appreciated by all those who come in to contact with them....

...and it's a big difference from a zoo , imo...

...i wish more people cared as much for their own ''kids''...

thanks cagey... :cheers:

...i'm a recovering vegetarian......Image

Conspirator

PostFri Aug 10, 2012 4:23 pm » by One-23

Fatdogmendoza wrote:Is it also cruel to have domesticated animals to the extent that some of them cannot survive without human intervention.....Also, I could say, for the pleasure of us humans...

:peep:

That's irrelevant in this case, It's not about the domesticity of animals, as clearly goats are one of the oldest domesticated species. It's in relation to making an animal perform for the benefit of enjoyment.

Upload to Disclose.tv

WELCOME TO THE D.D.C
DTV Doomtards Club

Conspirator

PostFri Aug 10, 2012 4:28 pm » by One-23

I have two cats which I care for and love, I don't make them perform for me and do not ask anything of them in return, I feed them daily and they offer comfort and pleasure and they bring me joy and a little laughter once in a while not because they are performing for me, but because they have individual characters.

Upload to Disclose.tv

WELCOME TO THE D.D.C
DTV Doomtards Club

Initiate

PostFri Aug 10, 2012 4:30 pm » by Tonyw

My Mum had a Toy poodle that used to stand on it's hind legs, and dance. It was not taught, the dog named Tina did it of her own accord. I used to have a Cat that loved to pounce into bags, and liked to be swung in that bag. They say animals have got no expressions but that cat i could have swore she was smiling. Finally i used to have an English Bull Terrier that liked Curry the hotter the better (it's after effects leaves a lot to be desired when it Farted). As regards the Goats i did not see them dancing as such, all that i saw was a goat following it's natural behaviour, and standing on it's hind legs for a Butt.
I am what i am.

War does not determine who is right, War determines who is left. [img]http://i47.tinypic.com/5aro28.gif[/img]

Conspirator

PostFri Aug 10, 2012 4:52 pm » by Fatdogmendoza

Cageyone23 wrote:
Fatdogmendoza wrote:Is it also cruel to have domesticated animals to the extent that some of them cannot survive without human intervention.....Also, I could say, for the pleasure of us humans...

:peep:

That's irrelevant in this case, It's not about the domesticity of animals, as clearly goats are one of the oldest domesticated species. It's in relation to making an animal perform for the benefit of enjoyment.

:headscratch:

Cageyone23 wrote:
Iwanci wrote:Cruel? How?

If I was a goat I would rather this than being milked then stewed...

Its not like the Russian dancing bears story, where the bears are truly mistreated.

My 2 euro worth

I don't see that dressing up a goat for entertainment is deemed OK, what differs from from a dancing bear?

Or using any animal for entertainment i.e circuses etc.

I am all for using domesticated animals for health benefits such as cats and dogs being taken into Hospitals, as the act of stroking, especially a cat as every cat owner knows (and no pussy jokes please) is calming, but it's not natural to dress an animal up for mere entertainment purposes, It surely causes distress to the animal.

Anyway you have stated where your moral stance is, Your opinion is your opinion, I respect that, but Definitely do not agree....I agree tho regarding circuses and the such like but I also agree with Ironman that there seems to be a great deal of love involved concerning the goats.... If the goats are being tortured in the background in order to stand on their hind legs and they find being dressed in hats painful or distressing then I would agree that its cruel, otherwise I think that the treatment of the goats as seen can only be judged on a personal moral belief...concerning the goats I dont see cruelty...

Conspirator

PostFri Aug 10, 2012 5:00 pm » by One-23

Agree to disagree :flop:

and as always I respect everyone's opinions :cheers:

Last word

Upload to Disclose.tv

WELCOME TO THE D.D.C
DTV Doomtards Club

Conspirator

PostFri Aug 10, 2012 5:09 pm » by Iwanci

Context and personal belief should just about cover this one off...

A see-saw of opinion...

I would argue that the goats in this one Cagey do have a choice, they could simply not stand on their hind legs, or tear the hats off their heads... the allure of the food however must be enticing enough to make them do it.. no difference to the choice we have in soicety... we do what we do mainly for the associated rewards...

The real question is about carrots and sticks...

Like fatdog said, if the goats were given the stick behind the scenes I too would agree with your argument and stance... from what we can tell however the carrot is the weapon of choice.. so no harm in my eyes.

Now, on the issue of animals doing what comes naturally... I cant help but think what a domesticated cat or dog or fish or bird would be doing if they were not in our homes? Certainly not sleeping on a rug or curled on a coach, definately not eating packaged food from a bowl... and most likely laying eggs in a nest on a tree trying to stay away from the cat who in turn is running away from the dog...

My point is, what we think is natural when it comes to animals, is not as natural as what it seems. These 'pets' are all conditioned to like us, all are conditioned to give us something, happiness, company, entertainment, headaches etc... There is nothing natural in what our pets do other than the physical actions (such as breathing, eating, crapping, sleeping etc).

Where man maniupulates something, it ceases to be 'natural'... then again, man is a part of nature, and all things in nature manipulate another in some form, maybe it is perfectly natural for man to manipulate animal behaviour and so what we see from our pets is natural afterall. What we see from the goats is no different to what we see everyday.

interesting stuff...

:cheers:
Fortes fortuna iuvat

PostSun Oct 07, 2012 8:10 pm » by mcgarrett

I am glad there are animal lovers out there concerned about their treatment, but this goat was dubbed dancing goat by the media, She dances when you play with her, its her way of expressing joy . The goats go to nursing homes and orphanages maybe once or twice a month to cheer and bring laughter to those who have little joy. they now go to parties maybe once a month , and strictly as a petting zoo type event , they are not MADE to preforme in any way, if as we play with them , they dance or shake a hoof which she does to try to get a hold of you because she loves to be hugged and held , GREAT if others get to see it, if not thats fine too. We explain they are animals and may or may not preforme so to say. The kids love having them at their parties just to pet and play with. The goats love the attention, and it helps pay to give them the best hay,and feed and pays for gas to go to orphanages etc. but they will eat and be cared for extreemly well weather we do any parties or not. Believe me they are taken care of better then most people. they go on the back porch at night and they get the fan when its hot out and we do without. The dress up started as we put hats on them so they would not scratch their admiers with their horns. Goats love to have a blanket and cuddle in it, they love that cozy closed in cuddle fealing. they climb on your lap and stick their heads on your shoulder under your hair, or tuck their heads under your arm. Also they are from Africa and do get cold so dressing them in somthing warm is nice, warm and cozy to them. Best Wishe to all :love:

Conspirator

PostSun Oct 07, 2012 8:30 pm » by Fatdogmendoza

mcgarrett wrote:I am glad there are animal lovers out there concerned about their treatment, but this goat was dubbed dancing goat by the media, She dances when you play with her, its her way of expressing joy . The goats go to nursing homes and orphanages maybe once or twice a month to cheer and bring laughter to those who have little joy. they now go to parties maybe once a month , and strictly as a petting zoo type event , they are not MADE to preforme in any way, if as we play with them , they dance or shake a hoof which she does to try to get a hold of you because she loves to be hugged and held , GREAT if others get to see it, if not thats fine too. We explain they are animals and may or may not preforme so to say. The kids love having them at their parties just to pet and play with. The goats love the attention, and it helps pay to give them the best hay,and feed and pays for gas to go to orphanages etc. but they will eat and be cared for extreemly well weather we do any parties or not. Believe me they are taken care of better then most people. they go on the back porch at night and they get the fan when its hot out and we do without. The dress up started as we put hats on them so they would not scratch their admiers with their horns. Goats love to have a blanket and cuddle in it, they love that cozy closed in cuddle fealing. they climb on your lap and stick their heads on your shoulder under your hair, or tuck their heads under your arm. Also they are from Africa and do get cold so dressing them in somthing warm is nice, warm and cozy to them. Best Wishe to all :love:

:hiho: mcgarrett :flop:

Super Moderator

PostSun Oct 07, 2012 8:36 pm » by The57ironman

mcgarrett wrote:I am glad there are animal lovers out there concerned about their treatment, but this goat was dubbed dancing goat by the media, She dances when you play with her, its her way of expressing joy . The goats go to nursing homes and orphanages maybe once or twice a month to cheer and bring laughter to those who have little joy. they now go to parties maybe once a month , and strictly as a petting zoo type event , they are not MADE to preforme in any way, if as we play with them , they dance or shake a hoof which she does to try to get a hold of you because she loves to be hugged and held , GREAT if others get to see it, if not thats fine too. We explain they are animals and may or may not preforme so to say. The kids love having them at their parties just to pet and play with. The goats love the attention, and it helps pay to give them the best hay,and feed and pays for gas to go to orphanages etc. but they will eat and be cared for extreemly well weather we do any parties or not. Believe me they are taken care of better then most people. they go on the back porch at night and they get the fan when its hot out and we do without. The dress up started as we put hats on them so they would not scratch their admiers with their horns. Goats love to have a blanket and cuddle in it, they love that cozy closed in cuddle fealing. they climb on your lap and stick their heads on your shoulder under your hair, or tuck their heads under your arm. Also they are from Africa and do get cold so dressing them in somthing warm is nice, warm and cozy to them. Best Wishe to all :love:

......gotta love ''that'' ........

....thanks for your wonderful words.... :flop:

........................ :hiho: mcgarrett

...i'm a recovering vegetarian......Image

Previous