Dancing goats bring joy to elderly

Conspirator

PostFri Aug 10, 2012 9:58 am » by One-23

Maybe their intentions are for the good, but his sort of stuff sickens me, they call it entertainment I call it cruelty. :hell:

Upload to Disclose.tv

MILLERSVILLE, MO (KFVS) -

A Cape Girardeau County couple is taking their show on the road. They're trying to bring cheer to the elderly and orphans, one dancing goat at a time.

Miss Nibbles and Miss Flopsy are the stars of the show.

About seven years ago, Beverly Shaw of Millersville started taking her pet goat to the hospital to visit Beverly's mother.

"So I'd bring this goat with me, with a leash and a diaper she came along," Beverly said.

Upload to Disclose.tv

WELCOME TO THE D.D.C
DTV Doomtards Club

Conspirator

PostFri Aug 10, 2012 11:16 am » by Iwanci

Cruel? How?

If I was a goat I would rather this than being milked then stewed...

Its not like the Russian dancing bears story, where the bears are truly mistreated.

My 2 euro worth
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Conspirator

PostFri Aug 10, 2012 11:28 am » by One-23

Iwanci wrote:Cruel? How?

If I was a goat I would rather this than being milked then stewed...

Its not like the Russian dancing bears story, where the bears are truly mistreated.

My 2 euro worth

I don't see that dressing up a goat for entertainment is deemed OK, what differs from from a dancing bear?

Or using any animal for entertainment i.e circuses etc.

I am all for using domesticated animals for health benefits such as cats and dogs being taken into Hospitals, as the act of stroking, especially a cat as every cat owner knows (and no pussy jokes please) is calming, but it's not natural to dress an animal up for mere entertainment purposes, It surely causes distress to the animal.

Upload to Disclose.tv

WELCOME TO THE D.D.C
DTV Doomtards Club

Conspirator

PostFri Aug 10, 2012 1:07 pm » by Fatdogmendoza

Cruel?

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

I am not sure about cruel, Distasteful maybe, ( although I dont think so ) I think maybe 'context' in this case...IMO

:flop:

Conspirator

PostFri Aug 10, 2012 1:32 pm » by One-23

IMO cruel and distasteful. But that's where my morals resides and they have changed over the years. I can't visit a zoo anymore because it sickens me to see such distress.

Upload to Disclose.tv

WELCOME TO THE D.D.C
DTV Doomtards Club

Conspirator

PostFri Aug 10, 2012 1:41 pm » by Fatdogmendoza

Not much into zoos myself either, however there are places like this...

The Arabian Wildlife Centre (Sharjah's Desert Park)...

Conspirator

PostFri Aug 10, 2012 3:09 pm » by Iwanci

Don't be so dramatic.... you cannot compare this to the dancing bears.. those bears have their teeth pulled out, their claws ripped or sawn off and are constantly chained and malnourished due to the cost of feeding such a big animal.... take a closer look at these goats.. see anything other than the humiliation of wearing stupid hats and dancing??? an btw, the goat wouldn't have a clue that its a hat (just material in its eyes), and it is not actually dancing, it is standing on two legs ... you cannot put what people associate in emotionally in the same context when reffering to animals.

Now, I too have a difficult time going to zoos... i think animals should all be free, not locked up.

rrrreeeeeeeeelllllaaaaaaaaaaxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fortes fortuna iuvat

Conspirator

PostFri Aug 10, 2012 3:20 pm » by Iwanci

Just sitting here and another thought came to me about perspective in relation to this topic.

What you are saying is that it is humiliating and cruel to wear a hat and dance (effectively to perform) for the prize of getting food and shelter.

So... if we take this stance with animals, why not take the same stance with humans?

Forgetting for a second the people who actually enjoy perfoming for a living, let's just take a quick look at the majority of the working population world wide. You get up in the morning, get dressed in some kind of outfit (uniform, overalls, suit, apron, etc) something that you typically would not wear in your 'own' time. Then you reluctantly go to your place of 'work', you put on a happy face as much as you can, and you proceed to perfoming the tasks that your boss directs you to do.. for the prize of money which you ultimately use for food and shelter.

Difference????????

So, if we take the same stance as per the goats, the majority of us humans are being treated cruely and humiliated everytime we go through the daily grind....

hmmm makes you wonder yeah??

:cheers:
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Conspirator

PostFri Aug 10, 2012 3:37 pm » by One-23

Iwanci wrote:
What you are saying is that it is humiliating and cruel to wear a hat and dance (effectively to perform) for the prize of getting food and shelter. :cheers:

I agree with you stance on the daily grind, that sucks, but the difference between us and animals is we make a conscious decision to do what we need to survive. Animals do not get a choice.
So in relation to pure entertainment under unnatural circumstances, Yes I do definitely feel that dressing animals up and having them perform for our enjoyment is morally wrong in my eyes.

So in times gone by having a chimp sit around at a tea party might of been deemed funny and cute, but it's still unnatural and wrong.
I guess it's down to how one perceives cruelty, Maybe I'm misusing the word in this context but it makes me feel uncomfortable seeing animals perform just solely for the pleasure of humans.

Upload to Disclose.tv

WELCOME TO THE D.D.C
DTV Doomtards Club

Conspirator

PostFri Aug 10, 2012 3:46 pm » by Fatdogmendoza

Is it also cruel to have domesticated animals to the extent that some of them cannot survive without human intervention.....Also, I could say, for the pleasure of us humans...

:peep:

Next