Death bed promise....

Conspirator

PostMon Jul 06, 2009 5:57 pm » by Drextin

I think that, if there is an afterlife, the spirit world operates in another plane of existence to our own, vibrating on another wavelength rather like two different channels on a radio. Sometimes, perhaps, the conditions are right so that the two channels can interfere with each other and we may make contact. I know that many spiritualists believe that if you really want and seek a message from the other side, that feeling of intent can actually serve to block the lines of communication.

I like that. It makes sense.

I guess the next question would be..............do those who have moved on know this as fact? Or do they like us suspect but have no proof? Seems that whatever happens to you when you die would be a evolution of sorts that would give you more enlightenment on such matters which would explain why they try hard to contact us.

Of course the scary part of that is obviously no one is telling them anything about how it all works or they would not be trying so hard..............they would be enjoying their next step in the universe/s. I could theorize about this all day. Good stuff preraphaelite...you got my mind working early today.
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking
King of my jungle just a gangster stalking

Writer

PostWed Jul 08, 2009 11:12 am » by Preraphaelite

@ Snake Plissken

It sounds as if your great grandfather, as a man of his word, would have tried his hardest to make contact with you as he'd planned. I would be interested to know whether you have ever tried to do anything to perhaps make this contact "easier" for him? There is the obvious method of having a sitting with a respected medium - if you do, though, I would recommend not giving them any information about why specifically you are there or any details about your g-grandfather (for obvious reasons ;) ).

Other things you could try:
Sit quietly in a room and think of your g-grandfather - reach out to him with your mind. Then ask him if he can give you a sign of his presence, ie: make a knock or other sound, move something, show himself - even if just as a light form. Apparently (so spiritualists will say) it will make it easier for him if there is some water nearby - even just a glass of water will do.

Provide some kind of electronic equipment for him to communicate through. Many people seem to have picked things up through this method, and it may appeal to your g-grandfather (as an engineer) to have some machinery to tinker with! You could try some EVP work with an old tape recorder or other sound recording device, or even attempt to make contact through your television (tuned to a static/white noise frequency). On TV's "Ghosthunters" they have had some success using I think what is called a K2 meter, which lights up when it detects an electromagnetic field (useful for yes/no questions).

If you attempt any of the above, please do a little protection ritual before you begin (you may be able to find some words on the net). I also, personally, would steer well clear of using a ouija board as I think they are really bad news.

Oh, and if you do try any of this, I hope that you may be able to film the proceedings so that, if anything happens, you can share the proof with all of us!!!! :)

Writer

PostThu Jul 09, 2009 1:46 am » by Preraphaelite

I guess the next question would be..............do those who have moved on know this as fact? Or do they like us suspect but have no proof? Seems that whatever happens to you when you die would be a evolution of sorts that would give you more enlightenment on such matters which would explain why they try hard to contact us.

Of course the scary part of that is obviously no one is telling them anything about how it all works or they would not be trying so hard..............they would be enjoying their next step in the universe/s. I could theorize about this all day. Good stuff preraphaelite...you got my mind working early today.

I think you are right, drextin, that the people who have moved on to the spirit world are enjoying their next step in the universe/s (more on my thoughts on your use of the suggested plural in a minute!). At least that seemed to be the resounding theme in the messages that I witnessed being delivered by mediums to their loved ones - it sounded like they were having a whale of a time! :D

I suppose if they did instantly know everything about how it all works though, then their journey would be at an end and they would not need to evolve or exist as individuals at all. Perhaps it is somewhat akin to our experiences when we start a new job or move to a different place (albeit on a slightly more cosmic level ;) ) - it can be pretty exciting to explore our new surroundings and we maybe get a bit of help from others in finding our way around and learning the local customs, but quickly adapt to our new way of life which then becomes our "reality", with our previous life seeming ever more like a dream. Although we may through experience learn much about living in our new environment, we would not know everything about the inner workings of our new town or employer! And also we would not usually want to completely lose touch with our old friends - maybe we'd try to catch up with them from time to time...

Hmm, well, apologies for that somewhat simplistic analogy, hehe!

I've been thinking about all this lots today. Spiritualists will say that the spirit world - at least the next plane of existence after this one - is geographically situated all around us on the earth, although vibrating at a different, higher frequency. They also speak of higher realms, which we progress through when we have reached the right stage of our development, each one less dense than the one preceding it, which reach further out away from the earth - like the layers of an onion. This idea, to some degree or another, seems to be contained within many other teachings and religions.

I wonder, could it be possible that the scientific quantum theory of multiple universes is actually describing, in mathematical terms, the realms that we travel to after "death"?

Thought you might enjoy a little something else to get you thinking some more drextin ;) This is surely making my brain hurt now!

PostThu Jul 09, 2009 2:31 am » by Deliverance

allow me to take away your fear... THERE IS NO DEATH! you simply change.
its moving from one state of awareness to the next. like waking from a dream/sleep. or if we want to think "fluffy"... like a butterfly.

but lets not get ahead of ourselves.... lets talk re-incarnation first. REINCARNATION'S PURPOSE IS TO KEEP COMING BACK UNTIL U GET IT RIGHT!!! how are you expected to handle existence/ life in a higher form, when you havent mastered what it is to be human in this one???

there are reasons why u dont have knowledge of "death" . 1. nobody knows
2. nobody has told you

this is where i come in.... a.k.a. DELIVERANCE

imagine if everyone had the information of "death". who would strive to make their mark on the world then????

PostThu Jul 09, 2009 2:52 am » by Think6782

This is my first ever post hope it works.

Good question... And the way my mind is thinking is that

when ever you die, your conscious mind slips into another dimension like sleep. i don't think we can get back when we die becauze we don't have the body to support our conscious mind, maybe we go intro another dream like dimension and we cant get back even if we try. Maybe we all go to a place in another world or dimension. where everything is explained to us. judging by the life we lead. this world is designed for us. we can only exist in this planet and life because of our body carrying our conscious mind...

e xcuse the grammer its late and typings not my thing at stupid o'clock

Previous