Debunk This UFO

Writer

PostMon Oct 01, 2012 8:41 pm » by Imagocentric

Ok first off, I'm a professional image editor. In the last 12 months alone I've been through more than 10,000 images, so I know images.
As for this one, the object hasn't been added 'post-production'. The lighting is right given the harsh sunlight and the angle fits. The object wasn't moving at the time of the shot. I did an analysis and got pretty much the same results as someone else posted here earlier so no need to repeat those images.
A few people have mentioned propulsion below the object as there's an anomaly there in the image, it's not. The odd patch you see partly obscures the object and is pretty circular in shape, more like any of the retouching brushes in Photoshop or another app might give, not conclusive I know, but when enhanced, it also shows at a different colour to anything else in the sky area.
Also under enhancement, there are areas either side of that patch that are not consistent with the rest of the sky, so it's possible that there was something there that someone has tried to remove, I repeat, possible.
I've seen similar shapes on top of high slender poles while driving in Europe, not sure what they were but they're there. If this were on a pole then it's probable that due to the strong sunlight, low resolution of the sensor in that particular cam etc that the pole would all but disappear from view anyway.
I'm not saying it's been faked, I'm saying it's likely been edited in some way and for sure that is not a UFO.

Initiate

PostTue Oct 02, 2012 12:23 am » by Ohzehgermans

There are some lamp post specs around here. I don't think that would fit.
Why isn't there an attachement or similar visible on the photo?
Sorry, but a lamp that size - that high - must have a massive pole or secure attachement to it.
And i know, coz i'm not only a professional mechanic but a prof. electrician too.
Uhhh... a lotta pros here t'night... :o

It would be a very heavy camera glitch too if the sensor was faulty in such a "big" area.
Afaik such glitches tend to keep being lonely pixels. I never had a cam with such errors and i had a few.

Sorry for being such a smartass. Verzeihung.
Good night and sleep tight!

Regular lamp post around germany (and maybe the rest of europe)
http://img.hessen-agentur.de/image/www.hessen-nanotech.de/mm/mm001/FAP_PM_Beleuchtung_Strassenlaterne.jpg=s512
(image is too big for this forum)

@ Imagocentric

If it isn't an UFO - then please tell us what it is.
Empathist / Psychonaut / Videogamer / Artist since 1980

I'm a total fan of the Fallout-Universe.

That's my former artists name and homepage.

Initiate

PostTue Oct 02, 2012 3:35 am » by Knownawareness

Poooooot wrote:It's flying, and it's unidentified, so by definition you have a UFO. I have a question, though. Why did you take so long to ask questions about it?

Why? I had to be certain that it was not easily explained as something else. I could not just bring it here without having a good look into it first. I have filmed daytime things in the sky and also at night that I have already uploaded. The image is one of the best I have ever taken. I did not see it for years it was in 2009 I went back through my photos with friends running them off a HDD in a folder called " Places I went "

Thanks for looking into it too.

Scouser012 wrote:Doesn't look like a blimp to me, it's too round.

I also cannot see it being a blimp

Thanks for taking the time.

Crusader wrote:This is an interesting pic,do you happen to know where your were? what road you were on etc? how far from the airport? I ask as I would like to look at the petrol station on Streetview Thanks.

As I was on the Bus and in Frankfurt for one night in transit only I can not tell You the road but I will post the name of the Hotel I stayed at, from this You might be able to work out the route the Bus would have taken. I will post the name of the Hotel here soon.

Thank you for taking another angle to try help us all work out what it is.

Richc wrote:My thoughts exactly.. Wonder if it is a high carpark light a few hundred metres away.?

RIK

I would expect to see some kind of pole, also it seems close to me. It always has seemed this way from the first time I saw it in my photo.

Imagocentric wrote:Ok first off, I'm a professional image editor. In the last 12 months alone I've been through more than 10,000 images, so I know images.
As for this one, the object hasn't been added 'post-production'. The lighting is right given the harsh sunlight and the angle fits. The object wasn't moving at the time of the shot. I did an analysis and got pretty much the same results as someone else posted here earlier so no need to repeat those images.
A few people have mentioned propulsion below the object as there's an anomaly there in the image, it's not. The odd patch you see partly obscures the object and is pretty circular in shape, more like any of the retouching brushes in Photoshop or another app might give, not conclusive I know, but when enhanced, it also shows at a different colour to anything else in the sky area.
Also under enhancement, there are areas either side of that patch that are not consistent with the rest of the sky, so it's possible that there was something there that someone has tried to remove, I repeat, possible.
I've seen similar shapes on top of high slender poles while driving in Europe, not sure what they were but they're there. If this were on a pole then it's probable that due to the strong sunlight, low resolution of the sensor in that particular cam etc that the pole would all but disappear from view anyway.
I'm not saying it's been faked, I'm saying it's likely been edited in some way and for sure that is not a UFO.

Please look at the EXIF data. I have uploaded the image as I said before " how it was taken ". I am 27 now and I was only 18 when I took the photo. I did not even use any of my time to look into UFOs or Alien related topics. I heard once " It is too far to travel for other life to get here etc ". I left it at that. The fact is this image can be put through the ringer as much as You can think of to try and say it is edited. However I did not even change the name of the photo. I copied it from HDD folder, to my desktop and uploaded it. I am tired of fakes on the net also. I know you have repeated " possible ". Well I am here to say once again "no it is not possible the photo is the photo".

Thank you I am interested in what else you may think it is, now you can be sure it is the Original Image.

Ohzehgermans wrote:There are some lamp post specs around here. I don't think that would fit.
Why isn't there an attachement or similar visible on the photo?
Sorry, but a lamp that size - that high - must have a massive pole or secure attachement to it.
And i know, coz i'm not only a professional mechanic but a prof. electrician too.
Uhhh... a lotta pros here t'night... :o

It would be a very heavy camera glitch too if the sensor was faulty in such a "big" area.
Afaik such glitches tend to keep being lonely pixels. I never had a cam with such errors and i had a few.

Sorry for being such a smartass. Verzeihung.
Good night and sleep tight!

Regular lamp post around germany (and maybe the rest of europe)
http://img.hessen-agentur.de/image/www. ... e.jpg=s512
(image is too big for this forum)

@ Imagocentric

If it isn't an UFO - then please tell us what it is.

I was thinking the same thing. Thanks for adding your knowledge of electrical and mechanical expertise, we need all the help we can to work it out. What this object is?. Cheers

Initiate

PostTue Oct 02, 2012 4:09 am » by Knownawareness

Crusader wrote:This is an interesting pic,do you happen to know where your were? what road you were on etc? how far from the airport? I ask as I would like to look at the petrol station on Streetview Thanks.

The name of the Hotel is : Mercure Hotel Wings Frankfurt Airport

It say it is 12km from the Airport. Here is a shot of it.

Conspirator

PostTue Oct 02, 2012 7:24 am » by *WillEase*

willease666 wrote:Image

The picture on the top is a blimp, that I blurred for comparison...looks very similar I think.

I'll bet most people would agree with me.

http://www.experiment-resources.com/occams-razor.html

Either way, I'll forward the photo to Deuem. I'm sure he will agree with me also.

Conspirator

PostTue Oct 02, 2012 8:21 am » by Nihilgeist

Knownawareness wrote:

The name of the Hotel is : Mercure Hotel Wings Frankfurt Airport

It say it is 12km from the Airport. Here is a shot of it.

Based on maps, it appears it's this Jet Petrol Station.

Jet
Kelsterbacher Straße 8, 65479 Raunheim, Germany

Conveniently there's no Street View Data of it.
Five Finger Death Punch
"I'd rather you hate me, for everything I am than ever love me, for something that I'm not."

Lowsix wrote:Seriously dude..you're trash.
Always have been.

Conspirator

PostTue Oct 02, 2012 8:30 am » by *WillEase*

Nihilgeist wrote:
Based on maps, it appears it's this Jet Petrol Station.

Jet

Considering many of us wanted to see the google street view, I would say the fact that there isn't
one is decisively inconvenient.

Initiate

PostTue Oct 02, 2012 8:34 am » by Knownawareness

willease666 wrote:I'll bet most people would agree with me.

http://www.experiment-resources.com/occams-razor.html

Either way, I'll forward the photo to Deuem. I'm sure he will agree with me also.

So what you are saying is " the simple answer is the most often correct ".

This is simply a photo. You are saying what then? Your answer is is most likely to be correct because you thought of it and it seems right to You?

Well the link also includes :
Occam’s razor should be a guide and not a rule. Applies here more than not at all.

was based upon common medieval philosophy - No cameras in Medieval Times.

By betting people would agree with Your opinion states that You can simply then rule it out. I beg to differ,
this is clearly not so easy to dismiss. Blurring it for comparison to add the dark edges simply works in your favor. However this is unfair as it is daytime and no shadow is present. Your blimp theory has been looked at and dismissed already by other members as not plausible. Yet you are able to think what You like, please do not change the image to match your example as the image of yours is taken from underneath. This then makes a size comparison possible. My photo is taken horizontal making the object lower than your blimp example. The shape and angle is very important here to gain a perspective of what it could be. By cutting a piece of my image to show a segment is not able in the same moment to show the objects orientation and relation to its surrounding environment. The photo was uploaded in its original form to get away from such attempts to discredit the image. If I take any photo and blur it and cut it out and put it next to something identifiable then Yes I can see how people might agree with You. However due to the facts within the photo when unaltered the question still remains unanswered. If you are hoping to get others to side with you and it is a blimp as you bet, then you should not have to alter it to prove your point or show your opinion. I can see this is hard for you to digest as it is not easy to dismiss. However do not try and take anything away from its integrity by reclaiming your original point once more. I would be very interested to see what Deuem has to say on the matter before Occam's Razor attempt to use medieval philosophy to describe a photo that can only and is only possible in modern times.

Knownawareness

Initiate

PostTue Oct 02, 2012 9:04 am » by Knownawareness

Nihilgeist wrote:Based on maps, it appears it's this Jet Petrol Station.

Jet

willease666 wrote:Considering many of us wanted to see the google street view, I would say the fact that there isn't
one is decisively inconvenient.

Yes I believe You have located the Service station. The white wall and sign and station are identical.

https://foursquare.com/v/jet/4c4afdba9c8d2d7f0769546a

Conspirator

PostTue Oct 02, 2012 9:09 am » by *WillEase*

Get a grip Spanky.

I am simply saying that it most likely a blimp, not absolutely must be.
If I thought that, I wouldn't have bothered to go through the effort of finding a blimp photo to blur for comparison, much less send it to my friend for analysis. A simple 'Thank you' would have been more appropriate.

PreviousNext