Decyphering- Persona 3

Conspirator

PostTue Dec 28, 2010 7:00 pm » by Zer0

I have already made several threads regarding the million dollar selling,critically acclaimed Satanic franchise that Shin Megami Tensei is,in this thread I will discuss in-depth the symbolism in one of the games of the franchise.

On July 13, 2006, Atlus released Shin Megami Tensei : Persona 3,

The main premise of the game is that you are a high-school student who is able to visit a psychical representation of the human psyche every night, the human fear becoming horrible demons, your only weapon being your "ego" that when given to your fears becomes a Persona.

This would become one of the best selling japanese rpgs of all time,winning several awards and within 4 years,getting an expansion,a sequel and 2 remakes where made(another one coming out next year).

One of the main selling points of this game was the fact that the characters in order to induce emotional shock within themselves and thus summon a Persona,shot themselves in the head,the player is constantly barraged with he imagery of suicide, but this is drown out with the hip rap music that constantly plays in the background, just look at some of the lyrics:

Fear's awake
Anger beats loud
Face reality
Never be charity
The enemy you're fighting covers whole society

I must mention that Persona 3 is part of the same franchise that had the game "Lucifer`s Call" which blatantly played satanic chanting in the background,take a listen here if you dare:

between 0:40 to 0:54

Upload to Disclose.tv

Anyways in Persona the player is able to visit another realm as well called the "Velvet Room",it is never explained what it is or how it works, or why it looks like it does, but the player is forced to visit it nevertheless as the residents in it are able to change the Personas of the player.

Tune in next time when we explore the symbolism behind the Velvet Room, and some more oddities about Persona.

RECAP FOR THOSE SKIMMERS OUT THERE:

-There is really popular unlike any other video game franchise that is Satanic called Shin Megami Tensei.

-The best game in the series called "Persona 3" was released on July, 13 , 2006

-The players visits a secret "13" hour that only the "chosen" ones are able to visit.

-It features people pretending to commit suicide
Master Raphael wrote:what you call the law of attraction was missing a vital aspect to the theory that I call the law of repulsion ...it is clear I drove the two of you together...using my repulsion not attraction

Conspirator

PostMon Feb 28, 2011 6:02 pm » by Zer0

[youtube]X1SR96egAe8&feature=related[/youtube]

The long nosed owner of the Velvet Room represents Satan and here is evidence why.....

First of all why does he have a long-nose? Whats is the symbolism behind it??

Well if the Velvet Room takes place inside of the "dream world", the symbolism of a long nose usually means that the person is a liar... much like Pinocchio

Igor is the "father of lies" and thus he makes you sign a contract which reads "You are responsible for your own actions" meaning that you will serve him from of your own choice... he is taking your free will.

He makes the player aware of two things, that their path has been predetermined by the Arcana and that the player is able to use multiple Personas... while everyone else only uses one, rather than telling the player to be honest with himself he teaches him how to be fake.

Also there is the "Assistant", who is she supossed to be? And why she live only to server "her master and the visitor", surely she represents Lilith.

So anyways at the end of the game the moon opens up and the angel of Death known as death comes down from the moon to wipe out life on Earth as humans subconsciously called out for the end of the world.

The player is unable to defeat death but rather becomes a metaphorical "seal"
for it by becoming "hope" as he refused to give up even when facing the ultimate fear which was death, his motto was "Mememto Mori" thus he lived a hedonistic life with no regrets.

Tune in next time. ;)
Master Raphael wrote:what you call the law of attraction was missing a vital aspect to the theory that I call the law of repulsion ...it is clear I drove the two of you together...using my repulsion not attraction

Initiate

PostMon Feb 28, 2011 6:12 pm » by Ayaflash

Fascinating!

would be interesting having a chat with the story writer eh?
The highest truth cannot be put into words. - Lao tzu.

"We are the Fractalated Tendrils of Reality, Forever Undulating Towards the Realm of Evolution and Great Mystery."

Conspirator

PostMon Feb 28, 2011 6:15 pm » by 99socks

On one level, this is incredibly warped... on another, thought-provoking.

Conspirator

PostMon Feb 28, 2011 6:32 pm » by Zer0

UPDATE! I just realized that in order for you to reach the velvet room... you must walk trough a "checkered pattern floor" allusions to Freemasonry perhaps?

Initiate

PostMon Feb 28, 2011 7:14 pm » by Ayaflash

otoel wrote:UPDATE! I just realized that in order for you to reach the velvet room... you must walk trough a "checkered pattern floor" allusions to Freemasonry perhaps?

ofcourse :flop:
The highest truth cannot be put into words. - Lao tzu.

"We are the Fractalated Tendrils of Reality, Forever Undulating Towards the Realm of Evolution and Great Mystery."

Super Moderator

PostMon Feb 28, 2011 7:53 pm » by Seahawk

Wat is the real intention behind it? To suggest that you gain more power after death?

Upload to Disclose.tv

We gather knowledge faster than we gather wisdom. - William Bell

PostThu Mar 03, 2011 8:18 pm » by Infoexplorer

i dunno why but igor reminded me of david rockerfeller/mr burns (the simpsons)

PostFri Aug 01, 2014 3:45 pm » by kylegollon7

first no just no igor was made from a doll philemon found so in essence he is the homloloncuous, that is the "little person" in our mind its takes form of a person and the biggest part is what we use to interact with the world usually its big hand and mouth since we touch everything and taste a lot but that would not really be attractive so big nose and ears and eyes too
second elizabeth and theodore are the anima and animus anima if you are a boy is basically the ideal girl for, you some just say that it's usually you as a girl.same thing with the animus if you are a girl
so yeah just search it up and stuff if this is not clear enough for you

Super Moderator

PostFri Aug 01, 2014 4:08 pm » by Slith

kylegollon7 wrote:first no just no igor was made from a doll philemon found so in essence he is the homloloncuous, that is the "little person" in our mind its takes form of a person and the biggest part is what we use to interact with the world usually its big hand and mouth since we touch everything and taste a lot but that would not really be attractive so big nose and ears and eyes too
second elizabeth and theodore are the anima and animus anima if you are a boy is basically the ideal girl for, you some just say that it's usually you as a girl.same thing with the animus if you are a girl
so yeah just search it up and stuff if this is not clear enough for you

I have no idea what you just said :headscratch:

Canubis wrote:
chat is dead when i DIE!!!!!!!! and IT MABE HAPPE!N>>?? i might live for infinite discussion....fukn fooled upon buy dick fagit? booN

Next

Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook