Define a Liberal

Super Moderator

PostThu Oct 22, 2009 1:00 am » by Spock

Thanks CornBread - I appreciate that.

Please argue your point sir.

Super Moderator

PostThu Oct 22, 2009 1:12 am » by Spock

Alright - I'm about to watch Paranormal Activity with my wife - so we may have to slice throats tomorrow (if I get too drunk to post).

Initiate

PostThu Oct 22, 2009 1:12 am » by Itofts

Define a liberal = putting people in boxes :nope: :nope: :nope: Shouldn't do it

Initiate

PostThu Oct 22, 2009 1:13 am » by Itofts

spock wrote:Alright - I'm about to watch Paranormal Activity with my wife - so we may have to slice throats tomorrow (if I get too drunk to post).

Did you mean slice toast? how interesting :clapper:

Super Moderator

PostThu Oct 22, 2009 1:14 am » by Spock

HAHA -nah. Throats - CornBread is gonna come at me hard on this one.

Super Moderator

PostThu Oct 22, 2009 1:16 am » by Spock

itofts wrote:Define a liberal = putting people in boxes :nope: :nope: :nope: Shouldn't do it

It's really not, the term liberal flows back and forth like a wave, and catches people in the middle. It's not static.

Master Conspirator

PostThu Oct 22, 2009 1:17 am » by Cornbread714

spock wrote:Thanks CornBread - I appreciate that.

Well, Spock, for any kind of debate, let's please drop the meaningless buzzwords like 'multiculturalism" and "political correctness".

Both imply a singular view and agenda that doesn't really exist - at least not in my world.

We ARE a mix of cultures - kinda hard to argue that - and there is no unified politically correct stance on anything.

You know that.

Quit hiding behind cheap reactionary facades and platitudes while spewing meaningless labels onto the supposed enemy.

We are the enemy, all of us that think political leanings are any kind of solution. All of us who fall for corporate media-driven fear campaigns should be stung by bees.

Anybody who can defend FOX network's journalistic standards ought to have their mouths washed out with soap.

And I'm talking Dial soap, not Dr. Bronner's.
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Initiate

PostThu Oct 22, 2009 1:21 am » by Itofts

spock wrote:
itofts wrote:Define a liberal = putting people in boxes :nope: :nope: :nope: Shouldn't do it

It's really not, the term liberal flows back and forth like a wave, and catches people in the middle. It's not static.

I understand that, but it's been strange to me for the longest time how people & their opinions are shoved to one side or another.
Somethings Im liberal about, other things im not. I remember chris rock made a joke about that a few years back something along the lines of
"Everybody's so busy wanting to be down with the gang. "I'm conservative", "I'm liberal", "I'm conservative". Bullshit! Be a fucking person! Lis-ten! Let it swirl around your head. Then form your opinion. No normal, decent person is one thing, okay? I've got some shit I'm conservative about, I've got some shit I'm liberal about. Crime, I'm conservative. Prostitution, I'm liberal!"

Initiate

PostThu Oct 22, 2009 1:25 am » by Itofts

All of us who fall for corporate media-driven fear campaigns should be stung by bees.

no dont say that!

Super Moderator

PostThu Oct 22, 2009 1:32 am » by Spock

cornbread714 wrote:
spock wrote:Thanks CornBread - I appreciate that.

Well, Spock, for any kind of debate, let's please drop the meaningless buzzwords like 'multiculturalism" and "political correctness".

I give you a 7 out of 10 for the other stuff you said that I didn't quote.

But "multiculturalism" and "political correctness" are not mere buzz words.

Those 2 ideals are what is wrong with the United States today.

Everyone knows the squeaky wheel gets the oil. Everyone knows the majority stays silent and in disbelief by how a few can yell so loud they impose their own brand of acceptance onto an entire populace. It happens all the time - look at Denmark with their Muslim influx.

In the U.S. we have to cater to the illegal aliens pouring in from Mexico.

They don't assimilate into a society, they infect it. They demand their rights, and they use the system against us.

Damn right I'm pissed about it.

But let's love them!!!!!!! Let's make all restaurants and every other business entity use 2 languages, let's vote for what our national language is.

You don't see the subtleness of that breakdown do you?

One World? Yes! Hell Yes! One Collective? No, Hell No!

National Sovereignty? Yes - Hell Yes.

PreviousNext