Derren Brown Has Just Predicted UK lotto Numbers Live..

Initiate

PostThu Sep 10, 2009 2:03 am » by Thewatcher

And if we want to run around saying ''gullible'' just look at the barack obama show :owned:
''The Fear of Losing is the Biggest Winner''

Initiate

PostThu Sep 10, 2009 2:16 am » by Crunchy

i think it was paul mckenna that did the same years ago and predicted the numbers (got 3 correct) days before the draw, he got the audience to concentrate on the numbers.(thousands of people won money ... only £10 but still ..) after that the rules were changed to stop mass conciousness being used.
whether mass conciousness works or not it scared camelot enough to get this banned
Last edited by Crunchy on Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Super Moderator

PostThu Sep 10, 2009 2:18 am » by TheDuck

Jeez 5 pages got through one, anyway probably a trick like when he beat the best chess players by playing them off against each other, awesome!
www.Vigusto.com - Premium E-liquid

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

Super Moderator

PostThu Sep 10, 2009 2:19 am » by TheDuck

spock wrote:Really though that one wasn't even hard especially if he is going to give it away. The guy relies on gulability, so obviously there was a stooge setting the balls into place off camera, and the joke is on people that fell for it.

A much better trick is when Blaine can take a burning piece of paper and whack it on his arm and a name appears that someone has just before twisted into a piece of paper. Or he even had the name appear on a Taxi as it went by just as the girl gave her answer.

So more than likely the "new magic" is simply seeing how many people will fall for produced/staged tv tricks, which are much more flamboyant then parlor tricks.

Name on arm = wax(name set-up)+ash (hey presto, magical name appears :D )

Initiate

PostThu Sep 10, 2009 2:24 am » by Crunchy

savwafair2012 wrote::bang; what was that damn Nicholis Cage flick.
He could see like ten min into the future.
stupid

knowing i think it was called
he could see much further than 10min though when it came to the woman he was ment to meet.

Super Moderator

PostThu Sep 10, 2009 2:29 am » by Spock

theduck wrote:
spock wrote:Really though that one wasn't even hard especially if he is going to give it away. The guy relies on gulability, so obviously there was a stooge setting the balls into place off camera, and the joke is on people that fell for it.

A much better trick is when Blaine can take a burning piece of paper and whack it on his arm and a name appears that someone has just before twisted into a piece of paper. Or he even had the name appear on a Taxi as it went by just as the girl gave her answer.

So more than likely the "new magic" is simply seeing how many people will fall for produced/staged tv tricks, which are much more flamboyant then parlor tricks.

Name on arm = wax(name set-up)+ash (hey presto, magical name appears :D )

Damn good trick though, especially when the audience is watching TV and soooo wanting to believe. It the "new media" of magic, and it pulls in tons of revenue via us viewers that so need to believe there is real atainible magic.

Excuse my spelling, typing with my thumbs.

Super Moderator

PostThu Sep 10, 2009 2:40 am » by TheDuck

Don't worry spock I iz clattered. :cheers:

Master Conspirator

PostThu Sep 10, 2009 2:57 am » by Lowsix

thewatcher wrote:
LowSix wrote:People who have supernatural powers likely
wouldnt go into television entertainment.

Just a thought.

And its far healthier to look at this with skeptical eyes,
than to run around saying "macical powers" im thinkin...
and getting mad that people are probably right by knowing
that ALL magic involves the feature of Gullibility..

Or else they would be playing that talent in something MUCH more lucrative.

No disrespect low but i have not run around saying ''magical powers'' and to say that ''people with supernatural powers wouldn't go into television entertainment'' is debateable but you did say ''just a thought''..I do respect you low as i have been reading many topics and posts of yours for months and you get to know a bit of a how a person thinks by doing this, but i'm slightly dissapionted with your reply as it still does not answer some of my questions i threw out for debate.. And believe me low i'm a major skeptic being a ''i'll believe it when i see it ''type of person but i have followed this guy from the start and it's obvious he holds back on many things..Like i said watch his ''Oracle Act'' and that will get you thinking more deeply about this very unusual guy... :cheers:

No disrespect taken, and i wasnt referring to you specifically running around saying magic..

But, the one thing i DO know about mentalists, and magicians,
is that the technique never ever ever matches the appearance of the technique.

ever.

The mentalists are the best at this of all of them..

And truly, in my theory on magicians/mentalists/wizards..it includes the probablility that if someone had ACTUAL powers, above and beyond the normal human, they would not perform parlour magic, they would become rich, powerful, and famous and buy an island in the carribean.. They would not exercise the power to make people go ohh..and ahhh.. They would either likely effect change on things and or groups of people, or simply use it to earn ungodly cash.

(benevolence and greed being two prime motivators of the human race)

Dont get me wrong, the BASIC shit some of these guys do stumps me, but ive learned, when i found out methods for stuff thats stumped me int he past, there is ALWAYS a 'trick' to the 'trick', and it never involves the trick youre watching.

peace.

Oh and i agree the dude is absolutely phenomenal at what he does...fairplay there.
I just dont think hes doing what we think hes doing..
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Initiate

PostThu Sep 10, 2009 8:08 am » by Snake Plissken

Yes, Derren Brown is very good at what he does, but he doesnt have any kind of weird psychic power (and yes i have seen his oracle trick!).

The thing about Derren is that he uses EVERTHING, Mentalism, psychology, practical tricks, TV manipulation, sleight of hand, you name it he uses it. By using a mix of everything his that bit harder to work out, because you can never look for one type of thing to explain all his tricks.

Read a few books on Mentalism and you will understand how a small number of his tricks work, i learnt how to manipulate a group of blokes (slightly different technique neeed for this trick to work on women, as well as a different outcome!) into thinking of the card I had in my top pocket just by using words, images and an important scientific fact! It works like a charm (most of the time) and now i really understand how Derren Brown does what he does, more importantly i understand how important it is for the magician to really sell the trick.

So sadly no real magic here, but i still cant wait to find out exactly how he did it on Friday. I think we are dealing with a little TV trickery here, but i will say no more!! :wink:
"The more things change the more they stay the same..."

Initiate

PostThu Sep 10, 2009 9:38 am » by Booboo

QUESTION
o you believe the govt and ptb rip us off every way they can
and quite cleverly?
if YES
do you think all the lotterys are clean and
incapable of these pieces of shit rigging this also?
would these thiefs actually pass up these millions in every state?

to believe this guy did this is also
agreeing the lottery couldnt possibly be staged!
do you think it could not be?
i dont!
if 9-11 could be done and possibly
holligrams etc
ping pong balls recorded at their discretion with
a so called govt watcher is easy

anyone ever consider that ?
people like this and others who accurately predict the future
in my opinion are PTB propaganda!
TAKE THE WEB BOTS
ever think they are not predicting anything but pre told events?
would it be so incnceivable and hard to believe?
the sheeple would then be AWWWED and believe anything
predicted by these people after that.
a perfect NWO tool
to be honest,i never heard of this guy nor have i researched
this post and not ever read after page 1 but it doesnt matter to me.
just my opinion
i think we are all being naive idiots
ask this guy who will win the world cup and the super bowl
and if he is right i will bow down and praise him completely!
however like all the others you will get NO REPLY! WHY?
i sent a similar message to george whatever from the web bots with no reply
cmon guys
is it impossible to consider the PTB (who we mostly agree was planned,are capable of this?) are running the show totally
and in more ways than we can think of?
THINK OUT OF THE BOX FOR A SEC!
2 points
the web bots were right on about 9-11
and economic collapse in oct 2008
otherwise completely wrong!
and conveniently now quit!
cant read after 2009 lmfao
how convenient!
if i am correct was that so amazing?
all these so called gurus tell us the world cup winner
and nfl champ!