Derren Brown's Apocalypse

Conspirator

PostMon Oct 29, 2012 5:28 am » by Tuor10

flsts1 wrote:
LOL!! now that you mention it and have reviewed it again with your thoughts in mind....I'd have to agree! :cheers:
The message is still pretty relevent I'd say...

Society is held together by a thin thread:We all service the needs of others, and in turn have our own needs serviced. If that thread was suddenly and unexpectedly broken - within a dew days - we would be killing each other. So yes, I would have to agree: The message is relevant

Initiate

PostMon Oct 29, 2012 5:45 am » by flsts1

Tuor10 wrote:Society is held together by a thin thread:We all service the needs of others, and in turn have our own needs serviced.

Nice! Your word's Tuor?
Last edited by flsts1 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
You know what the nice thing about assholes is?....Someone always comes along to wipe them up...
Jim Lahey... Trailer Park Boys

Conspirator

PostMon Oct 29, 2012 5:54 am » by Tuor10

flsts1 wrote:
Tuor10 wrote:Society is held together by a thin thread:We all service the needs of others, and in turn have our own needs serviced.

Nice! Your word's Tour?

Yes mate. I have my moments.
I normally get philosophical when I am stoned.

I got through university stoned. Some of the stuff that poured out was fucking ridiculous. I mean,
seriously, when I am not stoned, there is nothing there.

Conspirator

PostMon Oct 29, 2012 6:18 am » by Dagnamski

He'd make a good master for Dr.Who

about as believable.

“If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it”

>>>>>Image

Conspirator

PostMon Oct 29, 2012 7:57 pm » by Doogle

The guy in the programme, Steve Brosnan, is possibly outed as an actor in the UK press.

It loathes me to link the particular rag the story comes from, but here goes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... actor.html

Conspirator

PostTue Oct 30, 2012 8:51 am » by Dagnamski

Well it's pretty obvious. :badair:

Derren Brown has said about the show before it debuted: 'The show is about taking somebody who basically takes his life for granted, and suffers from that lazy sense of entitlement that many of us do, and giving him a second chance at discovering the value of what he has. So what we do is end the world for him.

Also sounds very Toryfied.... :bullshit:

From a technical point of view any production company who is going to have 450 hidden cameras for one scene is quite frankly out of their minds. It's not real, an illusion of the cheapest kind. :nope:
“If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it”

>>>>>Image

Writer

PostSat Nov 03, 2012 10:27 pm » by Breaker316

However, a couple of things came to mind.
Is it possible for someone like Derren Brown to implant suggestion into the viewers mind? The head shot of him explaining everything was a bit odd and his facial expression was exaggerated when he said certain words.

Not really. If it were, it would be illegal. Read Derrens books. He is the first to admit that he does NOT actually use NLP or "subliminal suggestion" as those things are bollocks. Sure, he went through a phase of making the viewer think he could use certain words and influence a persons thinking. Just like he went through a phase of pretending he could spot lies by observing body-language. Take the trick where the person who picks the black ball out of the bag has to tell the truth whereas all the others have to lie...It's a widely known trick, and has everything to do with the magnet in the ball and the hall-effect sensor on the elaborate wooden ring that holds the bag open. Derren gets his leg tickled by the vibrating motor taped to it when the ball passes through the ring. He then spends a few minutes pretending to "read" his subjects. Derren Brown has always been dishonest about how he does his tricks. But, if you know where to ook, he's always been honest about his dishonesty.

Previous