Derren Brown's Apocalypse

Initiate

PostSat Oct 27, 2012 8:35 pm » by G3n3sis

"The Sign of an Educated Mind is that, Which can Entertain a Notion or Idea Without Accepting it"

Conspirator

PostSat Oct 27, 2012 8:48 pm » by Doogle

Yeah, I watched this.
I couldn't help think that the guy at the centre of the show somehow didn't seem to be too shocked and was acting, but then again, maybe that is just him and the way he would react.

But apart from that, I thought it was a fairly good premise for a TV show, not mind-blowingly good mind you.

However, a couple of things came to mind.
Is it possible for someone like Derren Brown to implant suggestion into the viewers mind? The head shot of him explaining everything was a bit odd and his facial expression was exaggerated when he said certain words.

Also, is it beyond the realms of possibility that the whole show was a psy-op, a pre-programming for a future event if you will.

Nah, probably just a TV show. :peep:

Initiate

PostSun Oct 28, 2012 2:16 am » by flsts1

Just predictive programming...The Brit goverment are masters (of propaganda)!
You know what the nice thing about assholes is?....Someone always comes along to wipe them up...
Jim Lahey... Trailer Park Boys

Conspirator

PostSun Oct 28, 2012 2:39 am » by Richc

Hey G3n.

The link you posted is a 15 minute Youtube video. The first part on Channel 4 is 1 hour.?

I have recorded part 1 and will not watch until next week when part 2 is broadcast. :cheers:

Looks interesting at least.

RIK
"Theres A Storm Coming!"

Super Moderator

PostSun Oct 28, 2012 1:38 pm » by Spock

This was excellent - thanks for posting as I don't receive this series on TV where I live.

Please post the next episode when it becomes available.

Tonight on Discovery Channel there is a show on running an experiment to see if there could "really" be a manchurian candidate. They are going to attempt to hypnotize a regular "law abiding" citizen to see if they can make that person act outside of there will - to see if that person could be worked like a puppet to kill someone.

Personally, I already very much believe this is possible (such as the Sirhan Sirhan case), the show should be interesting though.

Initiate

PostSun Oct 28, 2012 6:15 pm » by flsts1

Doogle wrote:However, a couple of things came to mind.
Is it possible for someone like Derren Brown to implant suggestion into the viewers mind? The head shot of him explaining everything was a bit odd and his facial expression was exaggerated when he said certain words.

et voilà...

Upload to Disclose.tv

You know what the nice thing about assholes is?....Someone always comes along to wipe them up...

Conspirator

PostSun Oct 28, 2012 8:41 pm » by Doogle

Spock wrote:This was excellent - thanks for posting as I don't receive this series on TV where I live.

Please post the next episode when it becomes available.

Tonight on Discovery Channel there is a show on running an experiment to see if there could "really" be a manchurian candidate. They are going to attempt to hypnotize a regular "law abiding" citizen to see if they can make that person act outside of there will - to see if that person could be worked like a puppet to kill someone.

Personally, I already very much believe this is possible (such as the Sirhan Sirhan case), the show should be interesting though.

The same guy did a show on this exact theme. He hypnotised someone to assassinate a celebrity (Stephen Fry) whilst they were on stage. Embedding is disabled by request on this vid, but here's a link. Shitload of commercials though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIGQBQst7JQ&oref

Conspirator

PostSun Oct 28, 2012 8:43 pm » by Doogle

flsts1 wrote:
Doogle wrote:However, a couple of things came to mind.

et voilà...

Upload to Disclose.tv

Thanks. The vid won't play for copyright reasons, but I'll just Youtube it.

Conspirator

PostMon Oct 29, 2012 4:36 am » by Tuor10

I thought it was bad acting personally.

I mean, FFS, the special effects were shit. If they had filled the skies with dust clouds, I might have been impressed. A few poorly placed explosions just didn't cut it for me.

Initiate

PostMon Oct 29, 2012 5:19 am » by flsts1

Tuor10 wrote:I thought it was bad acting personally.

LOL!! now that you mention it and have reviewed it again with your thoughts in mind....I'd have to agree! :cheers:
The message is still pretty relevent I'd say...

Next