Detroit: The Canary In The Coal Mine - Future Of US looks D

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 1:41 pm » by Icarus1

iv got a crazy idea, lets skim some money of the from the defence budget , employ a few thousand people, fix up the empty houses and give them to homeless people which will in turn provide badly needed jobs and give the people on the streets somewere to settle and try and rebuild their lives . if it works move on to the next city , followed by the next , etc etc
“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

Initiate

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 2:36 pm » by Purplepanther

I will try to keep this sweet and simple, I was born and raised in Oakland county and almost every person I knew worked for the big three in one form or another. When a city throws all their eggs into one basket, elects mayors that love to drain the cash flow and not to mention lean manufacturing and the dumbing down of america, the end result is bound to be ugly. The big D still rocks, what you will never see on the news is the surrounding cities that are full of cash and wealth and have supported Detroit from day one. Yes, the city itself has fallen but by all means will never fold. At one point Oakland county was one of the nations top five richest counties, thus providing endless support for the big D. I do not reside in michigan currently and have relocated to no-where, north dakota in order to support myself and my family. Everyone I work with has asked me what will happen with detroit and I laugh and tell them that it may look bad now but trust me when I say that the city will come back just like it never missed a beat, I don't like to dump my ides into the river of knowledge but I have a real story about detroit and my boy cheif pontiac that will rock the very foundations that your sitting on, I hold a lot of secrets about the big three that where passed to me from my grandfather, when I do decide to reveal them you will remember reading this so when you see a movie called The Curse Of Dixie, I recommend all of you watch it, with eyes wide open.

A Good Day To You And Yours,
E Man (aka) uncle E
ImageImageImage

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 2:59 pm » by Harbin

Antiwar.com

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 3:26 pm » by Portos

I leave also close to Detroit.. You are right about that crime that in Chicago and other cities is a lot worse. But the conversation is not about the crime.. its about the economics of Detroit..

Previous