Did Jesus Have A Twin.?

Conspirator

PostTue Oct 23, 2012 2:16 pm » by Richc

Im just thinking out loud just as always do... Don't shoot me... :love:

I haven't read the bible so if any of what i say is incorrect then please correct me. :flop:

I keep hearing about the life of Jesus here and everywhere else.

But it seems to me the important part of the story is after his crucifixion. The resurrection...
He is said to have then walked the Earth teaching for 40 days when he just then vanished.

It is said that after 3 days Jesus arose and showed himself to Mary Magdalene and then unto his diciples.

Now apparently one of the diciples was not present to wickness this.

He was Thomas..

Because he didn't see it he doubted it happened.
Thats where the term "Doubting Thomas" comes from.

Ok heres the bit im thinking out loud..

The name Thomas in Greek means "Twin"

What if Thomas was the twin of Jesus.

Maybe Jesus did die and Thomas removed the body then took on the job of his Brother.

The population outside the inner Jesus circle would think it was indeed Jesus.

Could it be Thomas was not there to see the ressurection because he was actually the Jesus in the room.
( Superman and Clark Kent are never in the room at the same time. )

Maybe Thomas then continued Jesus work around the region for the next 40 days then as he ventured further afield he in all intense and purposes dissapeared.

Now here is a major spin on this theory..... Wait for it........

Thomas was actually crusified for Jesus. He sacrificed himself for the greater cause, Jesus, the World.!
:o

Jesus then pretended to be Thomas and continued his own work....

What do ya think. It would make a good movie anyways.. :cheers:

RIK
"Theres A Storm Coming!"

Initiate

PostTue Oct 23, 2012 2:42 pm » by Shendao

These guys have a say on it

http://www.thecatholicthing.org/columns/2011/jesus-brothers.html

As a taoist I believe there were two of them as the west has constant references to Jesus and Bejesus, especially in Catholic strongholds.
You are an immortal being, so stop freaking out about losing another body!

Super Moderator

PostTue Oct 23, 2012 2:46 pm » by Slith

He sure did. What sayeth you?

marnysad wrote:How to Pee a Brain Injury Rectification Involve Brain hurt

Conspirator

PostTue Oct 23, 2012 3:10 pm » by Toxic32

Jesus always portrayed as a white man when we all know he was an Arab. And by the way I spent some time in the middle east and it was my experience that if a women gave birth to twins then one of them would be killed instantly by the local female attendees. As they think that the second born twin is evil and should be deposed of. Especially if they live in small communities. I'm not sure if this still goes on maybe not in big cities. Having said that doctors still mutilate young girls buy cutting off the clitoris and genital lips. So who knows?
I question everything. I don't believe anything I'm told or anything I see. Prove it, or fuck off. And that's not me I see in the mirror in the morning.

Super Moderator

PostTue Oct 23, 2012 3:18 pm » by Slith

Toxic32 wrote:Jesus always portrayed as a white man when we all know he was an Arab.

Elaborate on the Arab comment if you will. Many in the Middle East don't associate with this. Ie, Iranians don't want to be referred to as Arabs. They want to refer to themselves as Persians. Big difference

Super Moderator

PostTue Oct 23, 2012 3:20 pm » by Spock

He was Jewish, and more than likely looked closer to this representation than he did Jim Caviezel.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Initiate

PostTue Oct 23, 2012 3:32 pm » by Alexrubic

I am not a 'great believer' (Christian or otherwise) or Bible scholar, though I do own a Bible and have read parts of it (for research purposes rather than any religious faith). So, while it is an interesting theory you propose, I do not believe it is accurate to say that the risen Jesus and the disciple named Thomas ('Twin') were never in the same room together:
24 But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came.

25 So the other disciples were saying to him, “We have seen the Lord!” But he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the imprint of the nails, and put my finger into the place of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.”

26 After eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors having been shut, and stood in their midst and said, “Peace be with you.”

27 Then He said to Thomas, “Reach here with your finger, and see My hands; and reach here your hand and put it into My side; and do not be unbelieving, but believing.”

28 Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”

29 Jesus said to him, “Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed.”

Thomas examining Jesus' wounds

http://bibleencyclopedia.com/goodsalt/J ... omas_2.htm

Super Moderator

PostTue Oct 23, 2012 3:37 pm » by Slith

We all know he's among us and posting here

Conspirator

PostTue Oct 23, 2012 5:13 pm » by Toxic32

dlslith wrote:
Toxic32 wrote:Jesus always portrayed as a white man when we all know he was an Arab.

Elaborate on the Arab comment if you will. Many in the Middle East don't associate with this. Ie, Iranians don't want to be referred to as Arabs. They want to refer to themselves as Persians. Big difference

The word "Arab" has had several different, but overlapping, meanings over the centuries (and sometimes even today). In addition to including all Arabized people of the world (with language tending to be the acid test), it has also at times been used exclusively for bedouin (Arab nomads [although a related word, "`a-RAB," with the Arabic letter "alif" in the second syllable, once was sometimes used when this specific meaning was intended] and their now almost entirely settled.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_people
I question everything. I don't believe anything I'm told or anything I see. Prove it, or fuck off. And that's not me I see in the mirror in the morning.

Initiate

PostTue Oct 23, 2012 5:19 pm » by Pitchke

The Bible is a collection of (fairy)tales written by illiterate goat herders back in the Bronze Age. The Catholic Church cherry picked and edited which stories to include to mind control non-thinking tithers...

Next