Disney Buys Lucasfilm, Will Make Star Wars Freaking 7

Master Conspirator

PostTue Oct 30, 2012 11:08 pm » by *WillEase*

Disney just entered into an agreement to purchase Lucasfilm for $4.05 billion. The plan is to make Star Wars Episode 7, which is currently slated for release in 2015. And that’s just the beginning. (Updating)

According to the deal, Disney is acquiring the whole Lucasfilm shebang from George Lucas, who still owns 100-percent of the company. In addition to massive properties like Star Wars, Disney will also get Lucasfilm’s hugely profitable film technology and marketing companies including Lucasfilm Ltd., LucasArts, Industrial Light & Magic, and Skywalker Sound.

Kathleen Kennedy, current Co-Chairman of Lucasfilm, will become President of Lucasfilm. She’ll report directly to Walt Disney Studios chief Alan Horn. Kennedy, who was apparently “hand-picked” by Lucas, will executive produce the new Star Wars films. George Lucas will remain a “creative consultant” on the projects.

Yes, I said films. Many films. This deal is all about Star Wars and the unstoppable juggernaut that it is. The plans of Disney extend far beyond Episode 7. From Disney CEO and Chairman Robert A. Iger’s prepared remarks to investors on a call today:

In 2015, we’re planning to release Star Wars Episode 7 – the first feature film under the “Disney-Lucasfilm” brand. That will be followed by Episodes 8 and 9 – and our long-term plan is to release a new Star Wars feature film every two to three years.

In other words, as with the acquisition of Pixar (2006) and Marvel (2009) before, Disney wants to leverage these brands for its cultural capital. Exploit them for massive multi-film franchises, lunch boxes, neckties, theme parks and beyond.

And that’s where this deal starts to get pretty exciting. A lot of hardcore Star Wars fans are going to see this as a very lame because, you know, Disney. Disney is collossally uncool. But consider its track record. Toy Story 3 was excellent as was the Avengers. Now think about what George Lucas has done in recent years to our beloved Star Wars franchise. There hasn’t been anything good. At least here, we’ve got a chance for a Star Wars movie wrenched free of his hubris. Plus, Star Wars theme park? Star Wars theme park! Now we’re talking.

http://thewaltdisneycompany.com/disney- ... asfilm-ltd
The site owner Lukas said I could show you how to makes hundreds of dollars in your spare time like I do.
If you would like to get yours too, PM me and I WILL hook you up.

Super Moderator

PostTue Oct 30, 2012 11:10 pm » by domdabears

Ha!

I've never even seen a star wars movie.

Super Moderator

PostTue Oct 30, 2012 11:21 pm » by ZetaRediculous

well that franchise is going to go (even further!) downhill...

I saw this on th TV at the takeaway was going to post but you beat me too it will....
“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.”
― Terry Pratchett

Initiate

PostTue Oct 30, 2012 11:52 pm » by 2020

Im not very happy they may call it 'Freaking 7' thats just plain stupid, however, i suppose its somewhat up to date.

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 31, 2012 12:58 am » by Fatdogmendoza

domdabears wrote:Ha!

I've never even seen a star wars movie.

Canubis wrote:slith dont b A noob.. u r my no 1 mo fo

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 31, 2012 1:16 am » by Evildweeb

I suppose Hans Solo will leave Leia for The Little Mermaid, where they fly off to Africa to save the Lion King from Darth Goofy.

F.F.S.

Shoot me, shoot me now, please.

I am not a Conspiracy Theorist - I AM AN ORGANIZED CRIME INVESTIGATOR

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 31, 2012 2:16 am » by Cia212

I'm glad to see new Star Wars movies. The best so far is Empire - which is the one Lucas had the least to do with.

A reboot set during the Bane era would be awesome. Maybe a Jedi Academy movie? Exar Kun? Yes, I'm a little nerdy.

Master Conspirator

PostWed Oct 31, 2012 2:24 am » by *WillEase*

2020 wrote:Im not very happy they may call it 'Freaking 7' thats just plain stupid, however, i suppose its somewhat up to date.

The site owner Lukas said I could show you how to makes hundreds of dollars in your spare time like I do.
If you would like to get yours too, PM me and I WILL hook you up.

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 31, 2012 3:08 am » by Aragajag

Its about time we get to see it from the guys in black. Loved it when I was younger but now I need dark nefarious shit, not people in virgin white and hair buns.

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 31, 2012 11:09 am » by Dagnamski

Upload to Disclose.tv

episode dick = 7
“If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it”

>>>>>Image

Next