Do GM Crops Increase Yield? The Answer is No!

Master Conspirator

PostSun Mar 22, 2009 9:52 pm » by Drjones

Quote-
'Lies, damn lies, and the Monsanto website. Tell a lie a hundred times, and the chances are that it will eventually appear to be true. When it comes to genetically modified crops, Monsanto makes such an effort - and it could be that you too are duped into accepting their distortions as truth.'

http://www.inteldaily.com/news/173/ARTI ... 03-20.html

Writer

PostMon Mar 23, 2009 1:44 am » by Micjer

I operate a large farm so I think I am qualified to comment on this topic. To answer the direct question, no there is not an increase in yield. In some cases like bt Cotton there can be disastrous results if there is not enough rainfall, as the "new and improved" varieties are not as drought tolerant.

Other negative traits are that a farmer cannot keep their own seed for next years production, have to buy certain herbicides produced by chemical companies that own the seed companies, and weeds can develop resistance to herbicides over time so you still may have a weed problem.

Also the ultimate question is what are the long term affects to everyone when man starts playing "god" and messes with genetics?

In all fairness, there are some advantages though such as less insecticides being used as plants are developed that are resistant to certain pests.

A farmer using good rotational practices, and using old technology on some of their acres is the best way to keep weeds from becoming resistant to a particular spray, and can decrease their seed costs by keeping their own seed.

Master Conspirator

PostMon Mar 23, 2009 11:07 am » by Drjones

micjer wrote:I operate a large farm so I think I am qualified to comment on this topic. To answer the direct question, no there is not an increase in yield. In some cases like bt Cotton there can be disastrous results if there is not enough rainfall, as the "new and improved" varieties are not as drought tolerant.

Other negative traits are that a farmer cannot keep their own seed for next years production, have to buy certain herbicides produced by chemical companies that own the seed companies, and weeds can develop resistance to herbicides over time so you still may have a weed problem.

Also the ultimate question is what are the long term affects to everyone when man starts playing "god" and messes with genetics?

In all fairness, there are some advantages though such as less insecticides being used as plants are developed that are resistant to certain pests.

A farmer using good rotational practices, and using old technology on some of their acres is the best way to keep weeds from becoming resistant to a particular spray, and can decrease their seed costs by keeping their own seed.

Thanks m8,well glad to hear you are for the old ways,a bit of hard work and you get good wholesome crops....DEATH TO GMO's... :yell:

Initiate

PostMon Mar 23, 2009 11:15 am » by Inhdi

:flop: Good post, doc.

Btw, is the Roundup Ready Nation docu 'freely' available yet? I can't find it, just the trailers...

Master Conspirator

PostMon Mar 23, 2009 12:26 pm » by Drjones

inhdi wrote::flop: Good post, doc.

Btw, is the Roundup Ready Nation docu 'freely' available yet? I can't find it, just the trailers...

Does'nt seem to be around just yet m8,may i recommend the "Consuming Kids" documentary for the meantime located at conspiracycentral.net :flop:

Initiate

PostMon Mar 23, 2009 1:10 pm » by Inhdi

drjones wrote:.....
Does'nt seem to be around just yet m8,may i recommend the "Consuming Kids" documentary for the meantime located at conspiracycentral.net :flop:

:flop: Cool, thanx..torrent d-loading...

Master Conspirator

PostMon Mar 23, 2009 2:32 pm » by Drjones

inhdi wrote:
drjones wrote:.....

:flop: Cool, thanx..torrent d-loading...

No problemo :flop:

I'd also recommend for more informative nutritional advice naturalnews.com