Do not buy into General Motors' IPO [you will lose money]

Initiate

PostThu Nov 18, 2010 5:37 pm » by Truthseekerx

It is a joke that GM is trying to raise more money using an IPO. I am very up to date on their financials and, mark my words, this company will be bankrupt again within 24 months. They simply need this new influx of cash to stay afloat.

The whole hype campaign (e.g., http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40239242/ns/business-autos) will drive the price up initially and then when I see it top-out, I will be placing a large short sell on it. If you know how to trade options this will be very profitable.

The new GM volt is a joke and so is the hype campaign behind it. It is NOT an electric vehicle. It is a hybrid that only gets about 35 miles on a single charge. Nissan's LEAF is a true EV and it gets 100 miles on a single charge.

GM is a failure in product and management. It will tank, guaranteed.
The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.

Conspirator

PostThu Nov 18, 2010 5:52 pm » by lamonema

I agree, the entire market is set to plunge. These pig F*@KERS are basing all this supposed growth on lies, nothing has changed in wall street, it's business as usual. As soon as the FED floods the market with gold and make their billions and run, the market may (will) crash. All that is being done is the delaying of the inevitable. To add futher insult to injury the government is'nt going to give anymore extentions for the millions of us who are unemployed. The county and state welfare programs will get bombarded with claims, this is what will spell the final end to America as we know it. By the end of the year we maybe be so finacially broke we will be deemed by China as a developing nation. This will result in the rise of the masses and then the declaration of marshall law. By next year around the end of January early February we may not be here as the net maybe shut down, which will further add to the chaos. That's just the way i see it, and just my opinion.

Initiate

PostThu Nov 18, 2010 8:04 pm » by Truthseekerx

GM's IPO is simply a "pump and dump" situation. They pump up the share price with hype, then they short the stock with huge derivative positions and burst the bubble. That's when you want to be in on the action--as a short seller, I mean.
The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.

Master Conspirator
Location: Packing my stuff and moving to Denver like you should be doing

PostThu Nov 18, 2010 8:11 pm » by Savwafair2012

You can't by the way. The inital stock sale has already be reserved for large company investors and Mutual fund's the little guy will not be able to jump into GM untill next year. At that time everyone will have doubled their money but not you.
FAIR USE NOTICE.
Section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, . http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Initiate

PostThu Nov 18, 2010 8:26 pm » by Truthseekerx

savwafair2012 wrote:You can't by the way. The inital stock sale has already be reserved for large company investors and Mutual fund's the little guy will not be able to jump into GM untill next year. At that time everyone will have doubled their money but not you.

I'm aware of the restrictions. But, as mentioned, I give it 24 months before it needs another rescue. There will be a great shorting opportunity months before that point.

Yes, it is possible for people to double their money on the way up... so long as they don't keep their money in too long. Unfortunately, people put money into mutual funds because they don't know how to trade.