Do you believe in spirits and ghosts?

Writer

PostFri Dec 03, 2010 5:33 am » by On3ey3

My Dad died from prostate cancer, the morning of his death (about 3hrs after his death), my 1.5 yo was playing with some toys, all of a sudden one of her toys (a toy camera that makes bird noises etc when you press the button) started clicking and going threw all the bird sounds, the camera was about 1mtr away from everybody and nobody had touched it, my daughter started smiling / giggling and pointed at the toy camera and kept on saying Pa, this continued for about five minutes, then stopped, the toy camera never did it again so it deffinatly wasnt faulty.

I like to think he popped around to say goodbye before moving on to the next realm. :wink:

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 03, 2010 5:44 am » by Poooooot

on3ey3 wrote:My Dad died from prostate cancer, the morning of his death (about 3hrs after his death), my 1.5 yo was playing with some toys, all of a sudden one of her toys (a toy camera that makes bird noises etc when you press the button) started clicking and going threw all the bird sounds, the camera was about 1mtr away from everybody and nobody had touched it, my daughter started smiling / giggling and pointed at the toy camera and kept on saying Pa, this continued for about five minutes, then stopped, the toy camera never did it again so it deffinatly wasnt faulty.

I like to think he popped around to say goodbye before moving on to the next realm. :wink:

That's sweet. Image I have never experienced anything like this, but I know people who have. Young children tend to "see" them easier, and are very rarely scared when it was someone they loved.

My condolences on the loss of your father.
Matthew 7
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Initiate

PostMon Nov 19, 2012 11:04 pm » by Jetski

I apologise in advance for bumping a thread that's like, 10 years old but I too am a firm believer of ghosts/spirits. I've had several experiences in the past. One in particular where I actually felt my late fathers presence, both physically and mentally. :D

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 20, 2012 9:45 am » by Fatdogmendoza

Poooooot wrote:I've seen ghosts with my own eyes, and I've felt their "spirits" in the room with me. So in a word, yes. I believe.

But I'm not really versed on biblical passages, so I can't really comment on this:
gabehart wrote:in the bible, when jesus walked over the water and the disciples did not recognise him and yelled, its a ghost, its a ghost!, jesus said i am not a ghost. does he mean to indirectly say that ghosts exist?

Poooooot, best I can do not being a religous person myself...

The answer to your question depends on what precisely is meant by the term “ghosts.” If the term means “spirit beings,” the answer is a qualified “yes.” If the term means “spirits of people who have died,” the answer is “no.” The Bible makes it abundantly clear that there are spirit beings, both good and evil. But the Bible negates the idea that the spirits of deceased human beings can remain on earth and “haunt” the living.

Hebrews 9:27 declares, “Man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment.” That is what happens to a person’s soul-spirit after death—judgment. The result of this judgment is heaven for the believer (2 Corinthians 5:6-8; Philippians 1:23) and hell for the unbeliever (Matthew 25:46; Luke 16:22-24). There is no in-between. There is no possibility of remaining on earth in spirit form as a “ghost.” If there are such things as ghosts, according to the Bible, they absolutely cannot be the disembodied spirits of deceased human beings.

The Bible teaches very clearly that there are indeed spirit beings who can connect with and appear in our physical world. The Bible identifies these beings as angels and demons. Angels are spirit beings who are faithful in serving God. Angels are righteous, good, and holy. Demons are fallen angels, angels who rebelled against God. Demons are evil, deceptive, and destructive. According to 2 Corinthians 11:14-15, demons masquerade as “angels of light” and as “servants of righteousness.” Appearing as a “ghost” and impersonating a deceased human being definitely seem to be within the power and abilities that demons possess.

The closest biblical example of a “haunting” is found in Mark 5:1-20. A legion of demons possessed a man and used the man to haunt a graveyard. There were no ghosts involved. It was a case of a normal person being controlled by demons to terrorize the people of that area. Demons only seek to “kill, steal, and destroy” (John 10:10). They will do anything within their power to deceive people, to lead people away from God. This is very likely the explanation of “ghostly” activity today. Whether it is called a ghost, a ghoul, or a poltergeist, if there is genuine evil spiritual activity occurring, it is the work of demons.

:flop:
Canubis wrote:slith dont b A noob.. u r my no 1 mo fo

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 20, 2012 4:00 pm » by Poooooot

Thanks, fatdog! Image
Matthew 7
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Super Moderator

PostTue Nov 20, 2012 4:04 pm » by Spock

Actually, I don't believe the Bible tells us everything about the subject - if anything for that matter. Just like it doesn't the the entire story of creation. "Once to die - and then the judgement" does not say how much time there is between those two instances, and, being outside of time, who knows. We just don't have enough facts to make an assumption by those verses.

However, concerning the question, we do know this from Ephesians 6:12: "For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places."

Super Moderator

PostTue Nov 20, 2012 4:21 pm » by Spock

Also, I believe there is sufficient scripture referring to "ghost/spirit" that there would be validity to it, and when doing quick searches on the net concerning the subject, I come across many biased interpretations which fit someone's canned Biblical belief - these beliefs typically come from the types that believe every shred of truth is answered in the Bible and the Bible is complete on all subjects - I disagree with them whole-heartedly and believe that sort of interpretation is an extremely narrow view.

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 20, 2012 4:30 pm » by Fatdogmendoza

Spock wrote:Also, I believe there is sufficient scripture referring to "ghost/spirit" that there would be validity to it, and when doing quick searches on the net concerning the subject, I come across many biased interpretations which fit someone's canned Biblical belief - these beliefs typically come from the types that believe every shred of truth is answered in the Bible and the Bible is complete on all subjects - I disagree with them whole-heartedly and believe that sort of interpretation is an extremely narrow view.

:cheers:
Canubis wrote:slith dont b A noob.. u r my no 1 mo fo

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 20, 2012 5:37 pm » by Zer0

I don't believe in them. I have seen them, I wasn't afraid of them but there is something disturbing about an entity that bends space and time...
Master Raphael wrote:what you call the law of attraction was missing a vital aspect to the theory that I call the law of repulsion ...it is clear I drove the two of you together...using my repulsion not attraction

Initiate

PostThu Nov 22, 2012 9:07 am » by Jetski

kch8cijka wrote:I do not believe in spirits and ghosts. They are always look awesome in movies. I love to watch horrible and scary movies.

Fair enough!! :D

You ever seen Michael Jackson's "GHOSTS" (short film)? If not, you should check it out, pretty awesome!!! :flop: :flop:

PreviousNext