Do you dream at nightime more than you used to?

Conspirator

PostFri May 28, 2010 11:27 am » by Aardvaaks

Just a thought, not myself but people I know, are reporting this fact, and I wonder if this can be attributed to our hi tech lifestyle?, increased stress from world events?, mobile phone usage?
What say you? :think:
' I'm leaving because the weather is too good. I hate London when it's not raining'.
Groucho Marx

Conspirator

PostFri May 28, 2010 12:06 pm » by Ph0enix

Much more is going on in the world. People are beginning to switch off of the "auto" mode of their normal lives and start thinking and imagining again. Its just being digested in the sub conscious like when you were a kid and had a firm grasp on NOTHING.

Initiate

PostFri May 28, 2010 12:07 pm » by Mrmurder1975

i gave up smoking weed some 5 months ago after smoking it for over 20 years,mainly as it seemed to be making my heart beat in irregular ways recently and was freaking me out. since ive stopped,ive been having very vivid,very weird dreams every night without fail.not sure if it can be attributed to anything other than giving up the weed or not. maybe its confirmation of just how much the green dulled my brain? but whatever the reason,this last few months ive never drempt so much in my life..... :think:

Initiate

PostFri May 28, 2010 12:33 pm » by Umbrex

mrmurder1975 wrote:i gave up smoking weed some 5 months ago after smoking it for over 20 years,mainly as it seemed to be making my heart beat in irregular ways recently and was freaking me out. since ive stopped,ive been having very vivid,very weird dreams every night without fail.not sure if it can be attributed to anything other than giving up the weed or not. maybe its confirmation of just how much the green dulled my brain? but whatever the reason,this last few months ive never drempt so much in my life..... :think:

I stopped remembereing my dreams around the time i started smoking weed regularly.

We all dream, up to 70 dreams / night.

THC & BDE are strange substances.

Still don't rememeber my dreams, except when i take seroquell, but that just turns me into a zombie, so i don't. In the process of quitting weed though :)

Writer

PostFri May 28, 2010 12:58 pm » by brothernumbty

aardvaaks wrote:Just a thought, not myself but people I know, are reporting this fact, and I wonder if this can be attributed to our hi tech lifestyle?, increased stress from world events?, mobile phone usage?
What say you? :think:

i dream every night,and i can remember them-some scarey and some peacefull,i tell my m8's about them and they say i should write them down,i can also wake up- then go str8 back in where i left my dream/nightmare,and all the people/monsters are waiting around for me,i say to them-why are you just standing there,they say its your dream m8 and you made us,so i tell them to fk off, and theyre gone,so i can walk/fly anywher i want ,its your dream. :cheers:

Conspirator

PostFri May 28, 2010 1:15 pm » by Aardvaaks

umbrex wrote:
mrmurder1975 wrote:i gave up smoking weed some 5 months ago after smoking it for over 20 years,mainly as it seemed to be making my heart beat in irregular ways recently and was freaking me out. since ive stopped,ive been having very vivid,very weird dreams every night without fail.not sure if it can be attributed to anything other than giving up the weed or not. maybe its confirmation of just how much the green dulled my brain? but whatever the reason,this last few months ive never drempt so much in my life..... :think:

I stopped remembereing my dreams around the time i started smoking weed regularly.

Still don't rememeber my dreams, except when i take seroquell, but that just turns me into a zombie, so i don't. In the process of quitting weed though :)

Yes thats an interesting point about having these super fast dream experiences and not remembering any of them or perhaps only the last dream. There is much infomation re dreams and subject matter, IE in water, or falling or hungry and I know these subjects have been analysed to mean certain things.

ph0enix, kids dream more than adults apparently.

Concerning drugs, alcohol of course has an opposite effect reducing REM sleep having this in the system or is it the effects of dehydration?
If you dream you are drinking alcohol then that means contentment!
http://www.horoscopes-love.eu/8-types-of-dreams.html

brothernumbty :flop: for all this analysis, it is accepted that often we are the best person to work out our dreams from knowing our current situation best, thanks for sharing tho.

Perhaps the sun is a causal effect ?

http://static.connectsavannah.com/ew/ew ... 0403g.html
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn1 ... ivity.html :sunny:
' I'm leaving because the weather is too good. I hate London when it's not raining'.
Groucho Marx

Initiate

PostFri May 28, 2010 1:19 pm » by Mrmurder1975

umbrex wrote:

good luck to you mate.it was one of the hardest things ive ever done.i got so used to smoking it,i couldnt imagine a day without it,just the thought of running out stressed me out,and when i did run out,i turned into a right bastard.i still crave it,but i figure if i can quit for this long,then there is no reason why i cant stay off it. besides,the dreams i now have and remember,which i never did before,are at least some compensation for not smoking it any more....

Conspirator

PostFri May 28, 2010 1:21 pm » by Aragajag

My dreams over the last year have gone from hardcore violence on my part to very relaxed scenes. I even now wonder if I am connecting with some lovely ladies, no not wet dreams but some great feelings.

Initiate

PostFri May 28, 2010 1:23 pm » by Umbrex

mrmurder1975 wrote:good luck to you mate.it was one of the hardest things ive ever done.i got so used to smoking it,i couldnt imagine a day without it,just the thought of running out stressed me out,and when i did run out,i turned into a right bastard.i still crave it,but i figure if i can quit for this long,then there is no reason why i cant stay off it. besides,the dreams i now have and remember,which i never did before,are at least some compensation for not smoking it any more....

Got any tips :nails:

Nah, i don't really have a big problem laying it of, if it isnt around. Sadly, i live in a place where the grocery is 300 meters away. On my way to buy milk, i cant pass three places that can hook me up. The guy, litterally above me, sells too -.-

Hopefully, in a few months, ill be out of there :)

Initiate

PostFri May 28, 2010 2:05 pm » by Ironshroom

i found from personal experience that smoking weed and a lack of vivid dreams have some sort of link. i've been smoking (almost) daily for about 6 years and my most vivid dreams usually happen on a day i haven't smoked or drank alcohol. although i have to say i've noticed some...differences between the 2 types of dreams. i doubt it's like this for everyone but i figure it's worth throwing out there.
should also mention that since i've started smoking weed i haven't had a single nightmare. also i've never tried to or had a lucid dream.

'sober' dreams:
- more vivid.
- a sense of time is present.
- feels almost more real than waking reality. kind of like you're on drugs while in the dream. all normal senses seem cranked up to 11.
- not very imaginative or spectacular. often very straight forward scenario's or motifs but none of it seems to apply (even figuratively) in RL. feels more like experiencing an alternate reality than dreaming or being in a dream world.

'stoned' dreams:
- much more dream-like. sort of 'less real'.
- not as vivid, almost like there's a layer of fog or haze that overlays the experience.
- no sense of time. transition between events seems to be non-existent. although that could be due to a lack of clarity or just memory gaps. like someone cut the film reel at a certain point and just put in a whole new scene in 1 frame.
- much more confusing, often abstract scenarios or things that just plain don't make any sense (even in a dream context).
- sometimes i don't remember having them until something happens while im awake that sparks my memory and takes me back to the dream.

Next