Does a New Life Form Mean God Is Dead?

Super Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 15836
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:12 pm

PostSun Dec 05, 2010 8:43 pm » by Spock


syntexnl wrote:yes because there is no fucking god.... that you people even discus that here gtfo christenfundies



And you don't even realize that your statement is just as arrogantly faith based as any extremist, do you.

Super Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 15836
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:12 pm

PostSun Dec 05, 2010 8:47 pm » by Spock


marduk2012 wrote:Does a New Life Form Mean God Is Dead?



Luke 19:39-40 (New International Version)

39) Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Jesus, “Teacher, rebuke your disciples!”

40) “I tell you,” he replied, “if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.”

Super Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 9120
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:03 pm
Location: Inside You.

PostSun Dec 05, 2010 9:17 pm » by Troll2rocks


spock wrote:
marduk2012 wrote:Does a New Life Form Mean God Is Dead?

The discovery of what is apparently an entirely new form of life -- a bacteria based on toxic arsenic rather than phosphorus, one of the six building blocks of all life on Earth -- has set the scientific world abuzz, prompting White House inquiries to NASA and threatening to upend longstanding beliefs about biology.



Just proves, again, that science is not, and never has equaled facts, but is merely a process through which we discover the mysteries of God's creation.

Common Sense - 1, Blind Faith in Science as Religion - 0.

No offense to any atheists.



Dinosaurs
:peep:

Lol just kidding man, I actually agree in part with you, I think if people heard my theory on god they wouldnt believe it either, I think in the long and short of it, you are right, science is the quest for god, in all its fundamental respects. I think we are not smart enough to grasp even a grain of the fountain that makes up reality (at least for us) (yet). I am not bold enough to say it is not possible that an intelligent purposeful creater made biology and intelligence for specific reasons. I am bold enough to say, we wouldnt understand the reasons however. Or even the general purpose, in the short term we believe it is simply surivival, but what about beyond that ? when we reach the omega point, which could happen, or has already happened many times throughout all different universes.

Hard science is looking into very weird possibilities concerning perceived reality and what might ultimately be the true nature of reality, and in turn that will answer the biggest question of all. a creater does not exist or does. Long before the matrix came out hard science was looking into the possibility of reality being "while real to us, the reality we precieve as biologically real but being a synthetic construct " or in other words, a time machine ancestor simulation. And yes it sounds very out there. However think about it, it could well be plausable. The movie idea was actually taken from philosophical books and scientific papers and jumbled into a story. However the core concept remains the prime question, are we even real ? I am sure the AI in a computer game while simple and basic thinks its real or is at least doing the task set for it. So to us, reality is reality, but does that mean that we are in a real world dimension of biology ? No, it just means we perceive it as such.

If anyone is interested google and read about Conways Game of Life. Simple rules create amazing outcomes, its a game you can even play online. The scientific versions used in MIT and Academy's are very complex and create seemingly intelligent creatures with simple rules and generations of evolution and competition.

The documentary I talk of in a bit covers all of this aspect and most of this post.

I dont think we need worry about the who or what of there being a creater, but rather that is there a need for one and if so does it have meaning and to what ends ? but first, science has to tackle whether or not we are real to prove it, because god if that is even a relevant name for such a thing, may not be at all biological in nature or even aware of what it is or even if it is an it, maybe just a process.

I will stop now because I can go all night on this subject, it fascinates me, the nature of reality and the quest for a purpose, maybe thats the point, the quest to find a purpose.

I recommend a 3 part documentary called THE TECHNOCALPSE its on google video, in the 3 parts. If anyone here found any what of I just said interesting you must watch this documentary. The single greatest documentary of all time imo.

And no its not religious, but if you are and if your not religious, this has answers. And you wont be expecting them either.

God may well exist, one day, maybe we are a process, or maybe not real. Or maybe we are real but unaware or unable to find the answer even if there is one.

Screw it im going to bed, my nose is bleeding and my brain coming out of my ears.

Night all.


Watch those docs spock :flop: :cheers:
Image
Censorship debunking & disinformation, it's all in a days work.

Super Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 15836
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:12 pm

PostSun Dec 05, 2010 9:27 pm » by Spock


troll2rocks wrote:Dinosaurs
:peep:



HAHAHA! :flop:

Almost a new great sig - not personal enough though.

Super Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 15836
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:12 pm

PostSun Dec 05, 2010 9:30 pm » by Spock


Just read your post - I have to agree. I have always considered agnosticism the most rational position to take.

Super Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 9120
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:03 pm
Location: Inside You.

PostSun Dec 05, 2010 9:35 pm » by Troll2rocks


spock wrote:Just read your post - I have to agree. I have always considered agnosticism the most rational position to take.



If it works on all levels, one of them is right. Or maybe even all of them :flop: :cheers:
Image
Censorship debunking & disinformation, it's all in a days work.

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 2788
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:39 pm
Location: Oceanic 815

PostSun Dec 05, 2010 10:15 pm » by Epicfailure


spock wrote:
marduk2012 wrote:Does a New Life Form Mean God Is Dead?

The discovery of what is apparently an entirely new form of life -- a bacteria based on toxic arsenic rather than phosphorus, one of the six building blocks of all life on Earth -- has set the scientific world abuzz, prompting White House inquiries to NASA and threatening to upend longstanding beliefs about biology.



Just proves, again, that science is not, and never has equaled facts, but is merely a process through which we discover the mysteries of God's creation.

Common Sense - 1, Blind Faith in Science as Religion - 0.

No offense to any atheists. :hugging:


sorry to any "Covenants" out their too Spock, the bible only stated that we are the only beings on this planet worthy of Gods love (and vengeful hatred and jealousy and mass murder), now that their is other life that means any life discovered out their in the realms of space isn't entitled to GOD's love...

so that by definition means they are natural sinners, because they were not discussed in the bible, or ever mentioned in their existence.....

so these poor life forms, and those poor religions are in the same boat of "discovery of God's creations" that you mention, because as far as I know, the Bible didn't say anything else intelligent was living out in space besides the fairy tales of angels, arch angels with dove like white wings, annunaki, nephilim...

have you read the book of Enoch? that is the closest thing the bible has mentioned of "extra terrestrial life"...

I said it before, this is one situation where the biblical thumpers and the text book geeks are in the same boat of ignorance, they both claimed we would be the only proper means for intelligent life, and now both are being proven wrong by rationality, not science or faith.

rationality - 1

stupid bible bumpers and text book geekasaurus's - 0
Image

Super Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 15836
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:12 pm

PostSun Dec 05, 2010 10:20 pm » by Spock


epicfailure wrote:sorry to any "Covenants" out their too Spock, the bible only stated that we are the only beings on this planet worthy of Gods love (and vengeful hatred and jealousy and mass murder), now that their is other life that means any life discovered out their in the realms of space isn't entitled to GOD's love...



You'll have to post that scripture, as in my entire life, I have never read or heard that.

And also, don't mistake my faith in Christianity, with the bigger picture of "Is there a God".

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 2184
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 8:55 pm

PostSun Dec 05, 2010 10:33 pm » by Redwoodrick


I think the one of the greatest tricks the "devil" ever did was to take over Christianity and the Church in around 500 AD.
The bible was written and edited by men.Fact.It contains truth and lies.
I believe in God.I believe God is Love.But I do not believe this because I heard it in a church or read it in a book.I believe it because I have the proof of it in my heart and mind.What is it to believe in God,truly?...What does it mean??Dick Cheney will sit in a church and sing hymns.Do you think he believes in a loving God?...It is not what you say or sing or preach or think..but what you DO that bears the fruit of true belief.In my opinion,if you try to be loving and forgiving,if you care about your fellow humans and try to help,if you honor truth and the sovereignty of others,you are,in my opinion,living the truth.And you have very good cause to be hopeful for your future.
I have sworn on the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man- Thomas Jefferson

To be honest I'm not even sure what "alien" means. Alien to what? The universe is teeming with life.

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 2788
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:39 pm
Location: Oceanic 815

PostSun Dec 05, 2010 10:47 pm » by Epicfailure


spock wrote:
epicfailure wrote:sorry to any "Covenants" out their too Spock, the bible only stated that we are the only beings on this planet worthy of Gods love (and vengeful hatred and jealousy and mass murder), now that their is other life that means any life discovered out their in the realms of space isn't entitled to GOD's love...



You'll have to post that scripture, as in my entire life, I have never read or heard that.

And also, don't mistake my faith in Christianity, with the bigger picture of "Is there a God".



PSALM 33

Rejoice in the LORD, O you righteous!
Praise befits the upright.
Praise the LORD with the lyre,
make melody to him with the harp of ten strings!
Sing to him a new song,
play skilfully on the strings, with loud shouts.

For the word of the LORD is upright;
and all his work is done in faithfulness.
He loves righteousness and justice;
the earth is full of the steadfast love of the LORD.

By the word of the LORD the heavens were made,
and all their host by the breath of his mouth. (remember heaven is where you go when you die, not in what we perceive as life)
He gathered the waters of the sea as in a bottle;
he put the deeps in storehouses.

Let all the earth fear the LORD,
let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him!
For he spoke, and it came to be;
he commanded, and it stood forth.

The LORD brings the counsel of the nations to nought;
he frustrates the plans of the peoples.
The counsel of the LORD stands for ever,
the thoughts of his heart to all generations.

Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD,
the people whom he has chosen as his heritage!
The LORD looks down from heaven,
he sees all the sons of men;
from where he sits enthroned he looks forth
on all the inhabitants of the earth,
he who fashions the hearts of them all,
and observes all their deeds.
A king is not saved by his great army;
a warrior is not delivered by his great strength.
The war horse is a vain hope for victory,
and by its great might it cannot save.

Behold, the eye of the LORD is on those who fear him,
on those who hope in his steadfast love,
that he may deliver their soul from death,
and keep them alive in famine.

Our soul waits for the LORD;
he is our help and shield.
Yea, our heart is glad in him,
because we trust in his holy name.
Let thy steadfast love, O LORD, be upon us,


PSALM 8


O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is thy name in all the earth!
Thou whose glory above the heavens is chanted
by the mouth of babes and infants,
thou hast founded a bulwark because of thy foes,
When I look at thy heavens, the work of thy fingers,
the moon and the stars which thou hast established;
what is man that thou art mindful of him,
and the son of man that thou dost care for him?
Yet thou hast made him little less than God,
and dost crown him with glory and honor.
Thou hast given him dominion over the works of thy hands;
thou hast put all things under his feet,
all sheep and oxen, and also the beasts of the field,
the birds of the air, and the fish of the sea,
whatever passes along the paths of the sea.
O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is thy name in all the earth!


PSALM 104 (God as Creator and Sustainer) Bless the LORD, O my soul! O LORD my God, thou art very great! Thou art clothed with honor and majesty, who coverest thyself with light as with a garment, who hast stretched out the heavens like a tent, who hast laid the beams of thy chambers on the waters, who makest the clouds thy chariot, who ridest on the wings of the wind, who makest the winds thy messengers, fire and flame thy ministers. Thou didst set the earth on its foundations, so that it should never be shaken. Thou didst cover it with the deep as with a garment; the waters stood above the mountains. At thy rebuke they fled; at the sound of thy thunder they took to flight. The mountains rose, the valleys sank down to the place which thou didst appoint for them. Thou didst set a bound which they should not pass, so that they might not again cover the earth. Thou makest springs gush forth in the valleys; they flow between the hills, they give drink to every beast of the field; the wild asses quench their thirst. By them the birds of the air have their habitation; they sing among the branches. From thy lofty abode thou waterest the mountains; the earth is satisfied with the fruit of thy work. Thou dost cause the grass to grow for the cattle, and plants for man to cultivate, that he may bring forth food from the earth, and wine to gladden the heart of man, oil to make his face shine, and bread to strengthen man's heart. The trees of the LORD are watered abundantly, the cedars of Lebanon which he planted. In them the birds build their nests; the stork has her home in the fir trees. The high mountains are for the wild goats; the rocks are a refuge for the badgers. Thou hast made the moon to mark the seasons; the sun knows its time for setting. Thou makest darkness, and it is night, when all the beasts of the forest creep forth. The young lions roar for their prey, seeking their food from God. When the sun rises, they get them away and lie down in their dens. Man goes forth to his work and to his labor until the evening. O LORD, how manifold are thy works! In wisdom hast thou made them all; the earth is full of thy creatures. Yonder is the sea, great and wide, which teems with things innumerable, living things both small and great. There go the ships, and Leviathan which thou didst form to sport in it. These all look to thee, to give them their food in due season. When thou givest to them, they gather it up; when thou openest thy hand, they are filled with good things. When thou hidest thy face, they are dismayed; when thou takest away their breath, they die and return to their dust. When thou sendest forth thy Spirit, they are created; and thou renewest the face of the ground. May the glory of the LORD endure for ever, may the LORD rejoice in his works, who looks on the earth and it trembles, who touches the mountains and they smoke! I will sing to the LORD as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have being. May my meditation be pleasing to him, for I rejoice in the LORD. Let sinners be consumed from the earth, and let the wicked be no more! Bless the LORD, O my soul! Praise the LORD!


"I form light and create darkness, I make weal and create woe, I am the LORD, who do all these things. 'Shower, O heavens, from above, and let the skies rain down righteousness; let the earth open, that salvation may sprout forth, and let it cause righteousness to spring up also; I the LORD have created it.'

"Woe to him who strives with his Maker, an earthen vessel with the potter! Does the clay say to him who fashions it, `What are you making'? or `Your work has no handles'? Woe to him who says to a father, `What are you begetting?' or to a woman, `With what are you in travail?'


"Thus says the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker: 'Will you question me about my children, or command me concerning the work of my hands? I made the earth, and created man upon it; it was my hands that stretched out the heavens, and I commanded all their host (Interesting he mentions the heavens but not any other planets or moons)(heavens = where you go when you die)...For thus says the LORD, who created the heavens (he is God!), who formed the earth and made it (he established it; he did not create it a chaos, he formed it to be inhabited!): "I am the LORD, and there is no other. I did not speak in secret, in a land of darkness; I did not say to the offspring of Jacob, `Seek me in chaos.' I the LORD speak the truth, I declare what is right." (Isaiah 45:7-19)



I am sure their is several other scriptures, but none of which I have seen describe any other life forms outside of references of heaven and the anunnaki / naphilim / angels / middle of the earth hell demons.

there is no scripture of micro organisms on Mars, there is no mention of liquid on the moons of Titan... why is this? is it because the bible is the word of man and not God... Surely if this God is all knowing and all powerful he would have mentioned that he is the creator of all these planets and organisms ( and in such great detail as he explained his creation of earth)

but yet we don't see any of this, and I ask why? (but I already know the answer) but mostly I say he didn't mention it because the Bible wasn't written by God, it was written by man who assumed they were the most important species on the only planet they knew to exist at the time... so for a all being and all existing God to not write of his previous life breathing achievements for his most prized peoples to read about seems entirely superficial to me...

but having scientist call you a science fiction fan or conspiracy theorist is the same as a biblical follower calling you ignorant for thinking that MAN is the only creation accepted or created by GOD...

nothing to do with you own individual spiritual beliefs, I am just calling it how I see it in regards to those contradictions contained within "the written word of the GOD" who couldn't God himself a book to give to man, but he has MAN write it for him...

he can create MAN from Clay, but can not create a book about his achievements... to teach and not mislead in any sense.. pretty weird if you ask me...
Image


PreviousNext

  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook