Does a New Life Form Mean God Is Dead?

Super Moderator

PostMon Dec 06, 2010 1:28 am » by Spock

stratosfear wrote:
spock wrote:
stratosfear wrote:Bullshit. Science is all about facts.

Science is the quest for knowledge. Yesterday's "science" is tomorrows medieval.

Science = systematic knowledge of the physical or material world gained through observation and experimentation.

This is very odd. I posted my response to something I thought I saw. However, I can no longer find it. I think this is a salutary lesson in not posting stuff after having spend 9 hours down the pub. Oops. :oops:

HAHAHA - Join the crowd!!! :flop:

Keeps it interesting though. Especially when I wake up the next morning and wonder, "What in the living hell did I post last night".

Initiate

PostMon Dec 06, 2010 1:34 am » by Stratosfear

spock wrote:HAHAHA - Join the crowd!!! :flop:

Keeps it interesting though. Especially when I wake up the next morning and wonder, "What in the living hell did I post last night".

:alien51: :cheers:
Image "In the wardrobe of my soul ... in the section labelled 'Shirts'"

Conspirator

PostMon Dec 06, 2010 7:09 am » by Epicfailure

lowsix wrote:
No point in even reading all that.

This sums it up:

DING DING DING!!!!!

Clockwork appears in time for his shift!!!!!

Initiate

PostMon Dec 06, 2010 7:23 am » by Liveecarbme

gf2010 wrote:
roadkill wrote:God was never alive to begin with, so God cannot be dead.

I second that.

Third...
Stole my thunder, I was gonna pose the Q:
Was "god" ever alive?

Initiate

PostMon Dec 06, 2010 8:26 am » by Christomite

The correct reply, if you want to fit in here regardless of the replys to this would be, "yes I agree God is dead and Jesus is fake.There is no god exept the god in ourself.All that are in touch with the universe knows that.That's as much a fact as troll2rocks is a whiny cunt that loves sucking cock.Fuck you dtv.

Writer

PostMon Dec 06, 2010 9:24 am » by Maverickbob57

"Niose of the American Humanist Association did concede that it is "unlikely that this discovery will change the minds of those who insist on a literal interpretation of the Bible." "To them, the world is about 6,000 years old and evolution is a hoax, and no amount of scientific evidence will change that."

I don't ever say much on this site since I am not as smart as most of you but the above quote is woefully ignorant.

The Bible tells us that the existence of mankind is a little more than 6,000 years since Adam.

The genealogy is in several places and tracks backwards from Jesus to Adam giving the ages of everyone and how old their father was when they were born.

The Bible dosen't date the age of the earth, animals or the Universe only refers to epochs or times. Even calls them days (in my great grandfather's day they rode horses) to give us an overall concept of the way things went, and how it all started.

It is not written in a scientific way but rather in a story like fashion as if you were present on the earth as things were happening. Of course no human was here when the earth was made. But it is written for the common man to get a grasp on things and yet complicated enough to spend a life time of studying and learning about the many facets of God and his personality, and what he expects of us.

Are we alone in the universe? Absolutely not. The Bible at least lets us in on the details of Angles and Demons or should I say spirit creatures that are not human and not bound by the same physical laws as we are. They do have personalities some good some bad.

As far as other life forms out there the Bible dosen't say yay or nay. Just tells us about the ones that affect us or should I say we need to know about at the time of its being written.

I am not trying to preach and I have to admit I also believe in science. But from were I stand I don't see a contradiction between the two. The contradiction comes from people and debates trying to make others choose one over the other.

As far as this new life form... how is it new? New to science because it was just discovered? New because some one made it or watched it evolved? I must admit there is much information that flies around that is hard to trust. Will wait and see.

Sorry for the long post...
Best to everyone here!

Conspirator

PostMon Dec 06, 2010 9:37 am » by Epicfailure

maverickbob57 wrote:"Niose of the American Humanist Association did concede that it is "unlikely that this discovery will change the minds of those who insist on a literal interpretation of the Bible." "To them, the world is about 6,000 years old and evolution is a hoax, and no amount of scientific evidence will change that."

I don't ever say much on this site since I am not as smart as most of you but the above quote is woefully ignorant.

The Bible tells us that the existence of mankind is a little more than 6,000 years since Adam.

The genealogy is in several places and tracks backwards from Jesus to Adam giving the ages of everyone and how old their father was when they were born.

The Bible dosen't date the age of the earth, animals or the Universe only refers to epochs or times. Even calls them days (in my great grandfather's day they rode horses) to give us an overall concept of the way things went, and how it all started.

It is not written in a scientific way but rather in a story like fashion as if you were present on the earth as things were happening. Of course no human was here when the earth was made. But it is written for the common man to get a grasp on things and yet complicated enough to spend a life time of studying and learning about the many facets of God and his personality, and what he expects of us.

Are we alone in the universe? Absolutely not. The Bible at least lets us in on the details of Angles and Demons or should I say spirit creatures that are not human and not bound by the same physical laws as we are. They do have personalities some good some bad.

As far as other life forms out there the Bible dosen't say yay or nay. Just tells us about the ones that affect us or should I say we need to know about at the time of its being written.

I am not trying to preach and I have to admit I also believe in science. But from were I stand I don't see a contradiction between the two. The contradiction comes from people and debates trying to make others choose one over the other.

As far as this new life form... how is it new? New to science because it was just discovered? New because some one made it or watched it evolved? I must admit there is much information that flies around that is hard to trust. Will wait and see.

Sorry for the long post...
Best to everyone here!

Much Respect!

Welcome.

:cheers:

Super Moderator

PostMon Dec 06, 2010 6:40 pm » by Troll2rocks

christomite wrote:The correct reply, if you want to fit in here regardless of the replys to this would be, "yes I agree God is dead and Jesus is fake.There is no god exept the god in ourself.All that are in touch with the universe knows that.That's as much a fact as troll2rocks is a whiny cunt that loves sucking cock.Fuck you dtv.

Lmao. Bless you child
Censorship debunking & disinformation, it's all in a days work.

Conspirator

PostTue Dec 07, 2010 4:30 am » by Roadkill

Typical with the elderly like MaverickBob57, I am assuming the 57 is your age or year of birth, as they get closer to death they are more likely to convince themselves that an afterlife exists. It does not, but whatever keeps you sane, just keep your BS to yourself.
Science will fly you into the Cosmos

Upload to Disclose.tv

Religion will fly you into Buildings

Conspirator

PostTue Dec 07, 2010 4:34 am » by lamonema

No, if anything it proves that the GOD is as diverse, as that which is created.

PreviousNext