Does Everything happens For A Reason

Initiate

PostMon Aug 01, 2011 1:00 am » by Yarblis

I believe that all things happen for a reason.Sometimes I understand,sometimes I don't and I question it when I don't.Sometimes we have answers and sometimes we don't.How we deal with the things we don't have answers for is what defines us as people and challenges us to try and understand the reason why something happened,or didn't happen.

Writer

PostMon Aug 01, 2011 1:27 am » by Whatsthatsmell

Maybe things do happen for a reason,but then maybe it's a negative reality inversion.

PostSun Aug 07, 2011 5:05 pm » by Gankpercentage

what i believe is that rather than really trying to decipher if supreme causality exists or not, a better thing would be to try and realize if we should believe in such a concept. if you think about it, its something like relativity... since we are inside the frame of reference of the existence due to causality, we can never correctly predict its exact nature or composition. but instead what we can do is try to judge by the outcomes of the effects it produces ... morally of course believing or not believing in such a thing can have different implications, both good or bad.

a perfect example for this could be the blind belief in religion and its practices. you believe in supreme creator and its words written down in a book, you are afraid and bound to certain beliefs which limit your steps towards the doings of your own will ... if you do not believe in cause/fate/reason, the world can only be your play ground in your search for discovery.

this is why i always suggest people to not to worry about anything in life ... if anything has a reason you can't do s&^t about it and if not well then it gives you a way to mend any problem :flop:

Writer

PostWed Apr 11, 2012 6:55 am » by Sumonht1990

mediasorcerer wrote:unfortunately,yes,it does,but,sometimes we only see the effect,and not the cause, thus we can get mislead easily because of this,

mobes the champ!!!=you got it!

Well, every thing occurs for a reason. But sometimes it happens unfortunately without any reason but it's result is large. Then we try to find out the reason and stand a reason from our tiny knowledge which can closely explain.

Conspirator

PostWed Apr 11, 2012 8:20 am » by Iwanci

There is always a reason as to why something happens... a house burns down due to a fire, a child is born due to intercourse, we eat because we are hungry, we cross the road with our eyes closed and we get run over etc etc...

However, I don't think this is the nature of the question... "Does everything happen for a reason?".. NO, I don't think this is the case. Occurances follow a cause/effect path, however in broader term, things do not always happen for a reason that is meaningful to us, the actuality is that we often don't know why in fact something happened and we learn to adapt and make the best of a bad situation. In effect turning something negative into something positive. This is not always the case as we know, some people will never attempt to see the 'brighter' side and will continue to se the darkness.

The question is a lot deeper than what it purports, in my opinion it cannot be answered by a simple cause and effect answer.

Yes things happen for a reason, but not everything happens for a reason, or at the very least, not everything goes according to plan, and NO, there is NO god holding the cards nor playing the puppet master game... Good things happen sometimes unexpectedly (as do bad things), just because they are unexpected does not indicate divine intervention at all, maybe just the consequences of our actions/innactions, our thoughts or our lack of forethought.

Anywho, just my two cents...
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Previous