Does Hitler youth spring to mind?

Conspirator

PostMon May 18, 2009 1:14 pm » by Drextin

Even after reading low6's comments about the article I too thought I could find a hole in it somewhere to show an overreaction.

Without a doubt that is one of the most fucked up things I've seen.

But here is what really disturbs me.

We are taking a group of boys who are mexican/american and teaching them to be racist against their own kind and violently so at that. There is no way these kids at their age are going to be able to understand the differences between illegal aliens that cross the border for criminal purposes and those who do so for a better life. They'll come away with a false sense of being better than anyone who isn't deemed "legal" in their eyes.....and will spread that sentiment to their friends.

I am not big on mexican immigration but if this is how we are going to handle it I would prefer them to just open up the border period.
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking
King of my jungle just a gangster stalking

Initiate

PostMon May 18, 2009 5:19 pm » by Bink02

Explorers Train to Fight Terrorists, and More

In a training exercise with the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, Explorers responded with a barrage of rifle fire after a sniper killed a team member. If there are critics of the content or purpose of the law enforcement training, they have not made themselves known to the Explorers' national organization in Irving, Tex., or to the volunteers here on the ground, national officials and local leaders said.

Damn, this is just bullshit ...I don't know if all of you had a chance to go through all the photo graphs , I posted this one because of the caption, it "seems" there are no critics opposed to this type of training ... WTF!!! I think I'll go have a little visit to there web site ....
Founder of the RLA (Rebel Lemming Alliance ) * We follow no one ...

"People should not fear their governments, governments should fear their people ."

Master Conspirator

PostMon May 18, 2009 5:22 pm » by Cornbread714

Finally there's a place for Zaff and Pindz...
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Initiate

PostMon May 18, 2009 5:57 pm » by Bink02

:dunno: In 1998, the Exploring program was completely reorganized and split into two program categories. All the career-oriented posts were moved to Learning for Life under the name "Exploring", while the rest (including outdoor-oriented posts) became the new Venturing program. Today, Exploring continues to be a worksite-based career education program for young men and women 14 through 20 years old. < wilkapedia

:dunno: This from the official Explorer site in response to the NYT article
The May 14th New York Times article “Scouts Train to Fight Terrorists, and More” mischaracterizes Exploring as a “law enforcement, terrorism and illegal immigration training program” and includes a number of other inaccuracies. Exploring does not train participants in those areas, but provides a simulated portrayal of events and necessary skills that are a part of that career field. Exploring is a career exploration program designed to help young people make intelligent decisions regarding their future. As noted in the article, the feature highlighted the law enforcement component of Exploring—which is just one of the program’s many areas of focus, including fire and emergency services, law, health, aviation, engineering, skilled trades, and other occupations.

We are disappointed that the article portrayed law enforcement professionals administering the program in an unfavorable light. Local community organizations administer the activities of Explorer posts in a controlled, safe, and professional manner. The story featured quotes from leaders during a law enforcement competition involving several Explorer posts and does not represent the comprehensive nature of the program as a whole. Law Enforcement Exploring has been in existence for many years and has helped to produce exceptional professionals in the law enforcement field who are actively protecting our citizens throughout the country. We are extremely proud of our youth participants and adult volunteers.

Further, the story’s claim that the program is undergoing an “intense ratcheting up of one of the group’s longtime missions to prepare youths for more traditional jobs as police officers and firefighters” is misleading. Since the 1950s, the Exploring program and its activities have been designed to keep pace with issues affecting society. The activities highlighted in the article in no way signal a change of focus for the program.

Last, the article inaccurately describes Explorers as Boy Scouts. Exploring is a program of Learning for Life, a nonprofit organization that provides character and career education programs to participating agencies or groups. Learning for Life is affiliated with the Boy Scouts of America.

Exploring offers participants a well-rounded and exciting program centered on career opportunities that positively impact the lives of our youth participant and ultimately the communities they choose to serve. That is the true story of Exploring.

Sincerely,
John Anthony
National Director, Learning For Life

"People should not fear their governments, governments should fear their people ."

Conspirator

PostMon May 18, 2009 6:16 pm » by Drextin

Nice homework bink.

But if I have nothing to go on but the picture itself it still seems a bit extreme.

We spend most of our time teaching children to stay away from guns and here is a pic where they are putting some of the most technologically weapons right into their hands AND showing them the proper way to fire them. Even if the kids themselves were to go and be great people who never misuse a firearm what about friends they will almost undoubtedly share their knowledge with?

I'm not trying to be an alarmist here........I just find all this contradictory to the many policies enacted to combat teen violence.

Plus if this was an aviation based training program I doubt they would hand them the keys to an airbus and say have at it after teaching them only the basics of being a pilot.
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking
King of my jungle just a gangster stalking

Conspirator

PostMon May 18, 2009 8:35 pm » by Flecktarn

reminds me of pol pots cambodia brainwashed kids with guns and no brains
ImageImage

Initiate

PostTue May 19, 2009 12:22 am » by Bink02

drextin wrote:Nice homework bink.

But if I have nothing to go on but the picture itself it still seems a bit extreme.

We spend most of our time teaching children to stay away from guns and here is a pic where they are putting some of the most technologically weapons right into their hands AND showing them the proper way to fire them. Even if the kids themselves were to go and be great people who never misuse a firearm what about friends they will almost undoubtedly share their knowledge with?

I'm not trying to be an alarmist here........I just find all this contradictory to the many policies enacted to combat teen violence.

Plus if this was an aviation based training program I doubt they would hand them the keys to an airbus and say have at it after teaching them only the basics of being a pilot.

I agree, I made the mistake , when I first read the article, that the explorers were part of the boyscouts , I was a boyscout when I was a kid , it was great , you learned camping skills , first aid, wilderness survival , etc. and then I see this , I thought to myself ...OMG , is this what the boyscouts are learning these days ? And I still look at those pics , it's still unsettling, so I went to the Explorer site , and understood a little better , but what still gets me is the age range for this type of training , 14-20 ... I might understand 18-20 , if someone wanted to pursue that sort of career , but certainly no younger .

Previous