Does homosexuality have to be an evolutionary dead end?

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 07, 2012 2:06 am » by Toxic32

Well put.
I question everything. I don't believe anything I'm told or anything I see. Prove it, or fuck off. And that's not me I see in the mirror in the morning.

PostSun Dec 23, 2012 8:56 pm » by pjnlsn

Obviously homosexuality is an evolutionary dead end, if that's all a person does, but usually when people bring this up it's because they're personally offended that someone would do such a thing.....and people should be free to do what they like, obviously, and that some people are offended is no reason to change anything

On a more serious note, evolutionary constraints are very general and non-specific....it's the 'blind watchmaker' idea. It doesn't matter if 5% of a population exclusively only have sex with their gender, if the rest don't.

Conspirator

PostMon Dec 24, 2012 2:17 am » by Iwanci

The question in the title specifically asks about homosexuality, i used the 'drink, food, air' argument as an example of other survival 'must haves'. Sex, no matter how pleasurable or desireable, is a 'must have' in order for the human species to survive. Sure, we take sex and we turn it into a pleasure cruise rather than a necesity, and that is a great thing, doing something we must do and enjoying it, its a win/win.. :mrgreen:

Agreed that there are many other 'things' that could cause man to come to an evolutionary end, but the topic here is about homosexuality.

If the human species ONLY committed homosexual acts, the the species would come to an evolutionary end (all other things being equal). Now, as soon as ONE homosexual person has intercourse with a female, that act in itself is NOT a homosexual act, and hence does not fit the topic at hand.

This topic does not cast aspersions on homosexual behaviour, rather it seeks to find an answer to a specific question, so no offence to any homosexual people should be taken, at least I hope none is taken.

Staying true to the topic and not swaying into other hypotheticals, I am confident that the answer to this question is obvious, YES, true homosexuality with no variance must lead to an evolutionary end... as I said, no variance.. yes you can have your test tubes etc etc.. but that is not the question.

Thats my (very opinionanted) view....
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Conspirator

PostMon Dec 24, 2012 2:52 am » by Toxic32

Well put. Forget the emotional response. The question was not about behaviour. It was about why? There must be some a gender as far as nature is concerned that would benefit the greater good. Who can hope to understand nature it/she/him is a clever bastard ? Anyway, the dice are thrown and all options are open. Which ever is fit to survive will. And those genes are the right for that moment in time will prevail. .
I question everything. I don't believe anything I'm told or anything I see. Prove it, or fuck off. And that's not me I see in the mirror in the morning.

Previous