Does homosexuality have to be an evolutionary dead end?

Conspirator

PostMon Dec 03, 2012 1:14 pm » by Toxic32

I just came across this question. "Does homosexuality have to be an evolutionary dead end?" and the following accompanying letter

"From Joe, age 38
Dear Carole, I am a 38-year-old single gay man who is perfectly at ease with his sexuality, but I have this nagging feeling that I should be making an effort to perpetuate my genes. If I die without leaving any offspring surely I will have failed as a biological entity. I don't believe in life after death, so it will be as if I never existed.

Should I impregnate a friendly lesbian, or would it be simpler – and more efficient in evolutionary terms – to register as a sperm donor"

If homosexuality is a genetic defect. Is it acceptable for gay men to become sperm donors and females to donate their eggs. Would this pass on what some would claim is a defective gene? :think:

I question everything. I don't believe anything I'm told or anything I see. Prove it, or fuck off. And that's not me I see in the mirror in the morning.

Conspirator

PostMon Dec 03, 2012 9:17 pm » by SUKHOV

I dunno man. While I personally do not believe in homosex, I do not judge others who are. It may have said that homosex is wrong in the bible or whatever, But God gave me the feeling that you must not judge someone for their sexual preference. That being said, I do have gay friends, lezbos, and they are dandy to me.

As far as evolution goes, if everyone was Gay, they would still figure out ways to reproduce, probably through artificial impregnation.
The True Sons of Liberty are alive and well.
Мое сердце, мой спаситель, да будет свет.

Initiate

PostMon Dec 03, 2012 9:33 pm » by fatbastard2.0

If a homosexual impregnates a woman and the child is born a female, then that also would be the end of his gene evolution because when she gives birth, the dominant gene pool will be the male, (fathers.) Merry Xmas.
I am not now, nor have I ever been an oil trader, and neither has anyone on my behalf. I have never seen a barrel of oil, owned one, bought one, sold one, and neither has anyone on my behalf.

Conspirator

PostMon Dec 03, 2012 9:34 pm » by SUKHOV

fatbastard2.0 wrote:If a homosexual impregnates a woman and the child is born a female, then that also would be the end of his gene evolution because when she gives birth, the dominant gene pool will be the male, (fathers.) Merry Xmas.

This is true

Merry Christmas too you too
The True Sons of Liberty are alive and well.
Мое сердце, мой спаситель, да будет свет.

Conspirator

PostMon Dec 03, 2012 10:25 pm » by Poooooot

I'm no geneticist, but I don't think homosexuality is something inherited. For one, I'm pretty sure there have been studies done that show it isn't... But also, gays and lesbians generally come from straight parents... And gay parents have straight (biological) children.

From what I have learned from my gay and lesbian friends and family members, the desire to have a family and to have biological children does not change if you are gay, so to me that answers the "evolutionary dead end" question.

There are many ways to have biological children outside of the normal "fall in love, get married, do the horizontal tango, have a baby." Of course there's always adoption, but that is not a biological child. They can use surrogacy, or as mentioned in the OP, gay and lesbians can team up and have the ladies eggs fertilized by the men's sperm in a lab, and the ladies (or a surrogate) can carry the baby to term.

There are countless ways to have a biological child outside of the normal and "easy" way, so to me, this question is almost dumb.

:peep:
Matthew 7
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Super Moderator

PostMon Dec 03, 2012 10:44 pm » by Slith

Poooooot wrote:I'm no geneticist, but I don't think homosexuality is something inherited.

That's a powderkeg statement. Whoa! When you say "I don't think" as oppose to "I know", it may just open this up to a full throttle, proberbly ugly debate.

Joost sayin

Beating the shit out of spammers......one click at a time

Conspirator

PostMon Dec 03, 2012 10:49 pm » by Poooooot

Slith wrote:
Poooooot wrote:I'm no geneticist, but I don't think homosexuality is something inherited.

That's a powderkeg statement. Whoa! When you say "I don't think" as oppose to "I know", it may just open this up to a full throttle, proberbly ugly debate.

Joost sayin

lol Thanks for the warning. Maybe from now on I should pretend I am an expert at everything and save everyone a whole lot of trouble.
Matthew 7
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Super Moderator

PostMon Dec 03, 2012 10:58 pm » by Slith

Lol.

Beating the shit out of spammers......one click at a time

Conspirator

PostMon Dec 03, 2012 11:27 pm » by Rizze

Let me put it this way, you are young woman sitting in the maternity waiting room.
Your doctor walks in and says, Miss Jones i have some bad news for you.

Your unborn child has been determined to have a genetic disorder, a disorder that can be fixed.
We can do it for you, your choice is disability for the life of the child, or a fine young human with no defects at all.

Would you jump at the chance for normality?

Now then, looking ahead maybe three years or so all pre-natal scans will be this way, all genetic abnormality's are checked.

You are asked again, your unborn child is showing defects that will determine sexuality bordering on leaning towards homosexuality.
What do you choose?

A normal child of course, and don't tell me you will do otherwise.

This will be the future, no homos.

I posed the question to my daughter, she said normal, no defects in any way that includes homos and lesbianism .

http://ufomaniacs.blogspot.com/
http://tiny.cc/Rizzesearch
"The greatest things on earth are us,supposedly.
Why don't we act accordingly, with humanity" Rizze

Initiate

PostMon Dec 03, 2012 11:28 pm » by 8pointed1

I think homosexuality is actually an evolutionary step in population control.....afterall its not just limited to humans,it would be a good idea to see if homosexuality occurs in endangered species......I would not be suprised if it did not.If those of you think it as an ugly evil....then the final form of population control that mother nature would throw is a ramped up virus,which does not discriminate......so choose your evil wisely.
"If you are inside the circle,you cannot see the whole sphere"

Next