Syria: Does this seem fishy to you?

Conspirator

PostSat Dec 08, 2012 10:17 pm » by Noentry

End drawing close for Syria's Assad: German spy chief

Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's government is its final stages and will be unable to survive as more parts of the country slip from his control, the head of Germany's foreign intelligence agency (BND) said.

"Armed rebels are co-ordinating better, which is making their fight against Assad more effective," Gerhard Schindler told the Frankfurter Allgemeinen Sonntagszeitung newspaper, in an interview made public on Saturday.

"Assad's regime will not survive."

Rebels fighting to topple Assad declared Damascus International Airport a battle zone on Friday, while Moscow and Washington both sounded downbeat about the prospects of a diplomatic push to end the conflict after talks.

Fighting around the capital city has intensified over the past week, and Western officials have begun speaking about faster change on the ground in a 20-month-old conflict that has killed 40,000 people.

"Evidence is mounting that the regime in Damascus is now in its final phase," Schindler said.

Although neither Assad nor the rebels had been able to take the upper hand, Assad was losing control of more and more parts of the country, and was focusing his energy on defending Damascus, key military sites and airports, Schindler added.

Schindler's comments echoed remarks made yesterday by U.S. ambassador to Syria Robert Ford, who was withdrawn last year.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/12/0 ... AE20121208
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Super Moderator

PostSun Dec 09, 2012 8:52 am » by Seahawk

Interesting interview, here.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

We gather knowledge faster than we gather wisdom. - William Bell

Super Moderator

PostSun Dec 09, 2012 9:26 am » by Slith

Seahawk wrote:Interesting interview, here.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Very interesting interview for sure Hawk.

Your sig. Rob Thomas...... :flop:

Very poignant

I'm just here for the popcorn Image

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 13, 2012 6:36 pm » by Noentry

Syria: Bashar al-Assad 'losing control', Russia admits

Russia has admitted for the first time that President Bashar al-Assad may be toppled by Syrian rebels in a sign of weakening support for its long-time ally.

The comments came on a day at least 24, including a large number of women and children, were killed in separate car bombs southwest of Damascus, according to state media and activists.

Mikhail Bogdanov, the deputy foreign minister, said it was necessary to “look the facts in the eyes” and acknowledge that the embattled Syrian leader could be defeated.

Moscow has been President Assad’s most reliable foreign friend and the Kremlin earlier vetoed two US-led attempts to introduce sanctions against his regime in the United Nations Security Council. Sergei Lavrov, the foreign minister, said in July that Mr Assad “would not go” because “a very significant part of the population is behind him”.

But in a sign of Moscow's waning support for the Syrian leader, Mr Bogdanov said in the Russian capital: "One must look the facts in the face. The regime and government in Syria is losing control of more and more territory.

"Unfortunately, a victory of the Syrian opposition cannot be ruled out."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... dmits.html

So far no signs of chemical weapons. :flop:

Hopefully the international pressure may stop him using them, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
A. A. Milne

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 13, 2012 6:56 pm » by Perronick

Noentry wrote:He has these WMD's, this is true.
I believe he is capable of using them.
From what I can understand he is losing this civil war.
So if he has nothing else to lose he will use them.(I hope I am wrong)
The thing is the international community will not be mobilized in time to stop him.
Makes no difference to him imo if NATO do go in by then it will be to late.

If he loses and he didn't use chemical weapons he could get asylum easier for him and his family. It's not that he has nothing to lose, imo. The use of cw would complicate his worst case scenario a lot.

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 13, 2012 7:20 pm » by Noentry

Perronick wrote:
The thing is the international community will not be mobilized in time to stop him.

If he loses and he didn't use chemical weapons he could get asylum easier for him and his family. It's not that he has nothing to lose, imo. The use of cw would complicate his worst case scenario a lot.

That is a great point Perronick.
Makes sense.
All depends on his mentality.
If he has the Gaddafi fight to the last man attitude, who knows what he is capable off.
If he is a surrendering Saddam then he could very easily be strung up.

I prefer your reasoning of what may happen better.
That would in my estimation be the scenario with the least amount of deaths.
A. A. Milne

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 13, 2012 8:03 pm » by Perronick

Noentry wrote:
Perronick wrote:

That is a great point Perronick.
Makes sense.
All depends on his mentality.
If he has the Gaddafi fight to the last man attitude, who knows what he is capable off.
If he is a surrendering Saddam then he could very easily be strung up.

I prefer your reasoning of what may happen better.
That would in my estimation be the scenario with the least amount of deaths.

Prolly the "Rebels" are praying for Assad to use them. I don't know what possible advantage the use of chems and biological weapons can have in the developing of the current war "on the ground", but he'd also lose many of the sympathies he may have at this moment and he certainly is aware of this.

Would the use of cw's give Assad an advantage clear enough and fast enough to compensate him from the downsides?. That's the question. I don't think so and I wouldn't count on it happening tbh. That's my two cents :cheers:

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 13, 2012 10:08 pm » by mediasorcery

i wouldnt be surprised if the terrorists/i mean ":rebels" are using chem weapons.
the story of life is quicker than the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye, until we meet again my friend.

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 14, 2012 1:06 am » by Noentry

mediasorcery wrote:i wouldnt be surprised if the terrorists/i mean ":rebels" are using chem weapons.

There have been claims of this.

Upload to Disclose.tv

A. A. Milne

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 28, 2012 2:23 am » by Noentry

Syria chemical attack claims aim to justify foreign interference – Moscow

Syrian army soldiers patrol the Sheik Said neighbourhood of Syria’s northern city of Aleppo.(AFP Photo / STR)

Accusations that forces backing Syrian President Assad allegedly used chemical weapons against the opposition is a provocation aimed at making an excuse for foreign military intervention, says the Russian Foreign Ministry.

Another goal of such reports is to stir up panic among Syrians and foreigners who remain in the country, the ministry’s spokesman Aleksandr Lukashevich told the media on Thursday.

The use of weapon of mass destruction is unacceptable, the diplomat stressed. The Syrian government repeatedly assured Russia, as well as Western partners and the UN that it would not use chemical weapons. Moscow is keeping a close watch on the situation and has no information that the Syrian government plans to use chemical arms.

“We hope that all opposition forces will assume similar obligations and strictly follow these commitments,” Lukashevich pointed out.

Earlier, Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said the use of chemical weapons “would be a political suicide” for Assad regime.

“Every time we hear rumors, or pieces of information come to surface that the Syrians are doing something with the chemical weapons we double-check, we triple-check, we go directly to the government and all the time we get very firm assurances that this is not going to be used under any circumstances,” he said in an exclusive interview with RT.

Meanwhile, the Syrian opposition claims the government troops did use chemical warfare in an attack on the city of Homs on Sunday, killing seven people and injuring dozens more with poison gas. A number of videos were posted online showing, opposition activists claim, victims of the alleged chemical attack.

Syria’s Ambassador to Moscow Riyad Haddad denied the report saying that the information “was absolutely wrong.”

“Naturally, it was a provocation and a part of plans to put psychological pressure on the government in Syria,” he told Interfax. According to the diplomat, it is all done to make a pretext for a foreign intervention into the Arab Republic. He expressed hope though that thanks to Russian and Chinese efforts it will not happen.

Permanent members of the UN Security Council, Moscow and Beijing stand for a political solution to the Syrian crisis.

“The only path to put an end to the sufferings of Syrian people lies through a dialogue and talks,” Lukashevich reiterated on Thursday. On the whole, the situation in Syria is extremely complicated and “is following the most unfavorable scenario.” Responsibility for continuing the bloodshed in the republic is laid with those who incite further fratricidal war in Syria, the Russian diplomat pointed out.

http://endthelie.com/2012/12/27/syria-c ... z2GIeVw4SX

:look:
A. A. Milne

Previous