Syria: Does this seem fishy to you?

Master Conspirator

PostThu Dec 06, 2012 4:09 am » by Cornbread714

I don't know that much about the whole Syria thing.

I'm no expert on the subject, that's for sure.

But there are a number of statements, accusations and implications in this article that immediately raise red flags for me - especially if I allow myself to read between the lines and speculate a bit.

What do you guys think? Do you believe any of this?

Some of it?

Most of it?

Sound familiar?

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012 ... order?lite

Syria loads chemical weapons into bombs; military awaits Assad's order

By Jim Miklaszewski and M. Alex Johnson, NBC News

The Syrian military is prepared to use chemical weapons against its own people and is awaiting final orders from President Bashar Assad, U.S. officials told NBC News on Wednesday.

The military has loaded the precursor chemicals for sarin, a deadly nerve gas, into aerial bombs that could be dropped onto the Syrian people from dozens of fighter-bombers, the officials said.
As recently as Tuesday, officials had said there was as yet no evidence that the process of mixing the "precursor" chemicals had begun. But Wednesday, they said their worst fears had been confirmed: The nerve agents were locked and loaded inside the bombs.
Sarin is an extraordinarily lethal agent. Iraqi President Saddam Hussein's forces killed 5,000 Kurds with a single sarin attack on Halabja in 1988.

U.S. officials stressed that as of now, the sarin bombs hadn't been loaded onto planes and that Assad hadn't issued a final order to use them. But if he does, one of the officials said, "there's little the outside world can do to stop it."
Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton reiterated U.S. warnings to Assad not to use chemical weapons, saying he would be crossing "a red line" if he did so.
Speaking Wednesday at NATO headquarters in Brussels, Clinton said the Syrian government was on the brink of collapse, raising the prospect that "an increasingly desperate Assad regime" might turn to chemical weapons or that the banned weapons could fall into other hands.

Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, speaking Wednesday at NATO headquarters in Brussels, said the fall of Syrian President Bashar Assad's government was "inevitable."

"Ultimately, what we should be thinking about is a political transition in Syria and one that should start as soon as possible," Clinton said. "We believe their fall is inevitable. It is just a question of how many people have to die before that occurs."
Aides told NBC News that Clinton was expected next week to officially recognize the main opposition movement, the National Coalition of Syrian Revolutionary and Opposition Forces, with which she is scheduled to meet in Morocco. Britain, France, Turkey and some key Arab leaders have already recognized the opposition.
Fighting intensified Wednesday in the 21-month civil war, which has left 40,000 people dead. The U.N. withdrew its personnel from Damascus, saying conditions were too dangerous.
The government said this week that it wouldn't use chemical weapons on its own people after President Barack Obama warned that doing so would be "totally unacceptable."

But U.S. officials said this week that the government had ordered its Chemical Weapons Corps to "be prepared," which Washington interpreted as a directive to begin bringing together the components needed to weaponize Syria's chemical stockpiles.
That process would involve mixing "precursor" chemicals for the deadly nerve gas sarin, which could be used in artillery shells, U.S. officials told NBC News, stressing that there was no evidence that process had as yet begun.

U.S. officials had long believed that the Syrian government was stockpiling the banned chemical weapons before it acknowledged possessing them this summer.
NBC News reported in July that U.S. intelligence agencies believed that in addition to sarin, Syria had access to tabun, a chemical nerve agent, as well as traditional chemical weapons like mustard gas and hydrogen cyanide.
Officials told NBC News at the time that the Syrian government was moving the outlawed weapons around the country, leaving foreign intelligence agencies unsure where they might end up.

Syria is one of only seven nations that hasn't ratified the 1992 Chemical Weapons Convention, the arms control agreement that outlaws the production, stockpiling and use of such weapons.
Bombshells filled with chemicals can be carried by Syrian Air Force fighter-bombers, in particular Sukhoi-22/20, MiG-23 and Sukhoi-24 aircraft. In addition, some reports indicate that unguided short-range Frog-7 artillery rockets may be capable of carrying chemical payloads.
In terms of longer-range delivery systems, Syria has a few dozen SS-21 ballistic missiles with a maximum range of 72 miles; 200 Scud-Bs, with a maximum range of 180 miles; and 60 to 120 Scud-Cs, with a maximum range of 300 miles, all of which are mobile and are capable of carrying chemical weapons, according U.S. intelligence officials.
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 06, 2012 4:19 am » by Noentry

He has these WMD's, this is true.
I believe he is capable of using them.
From what I can understand he is losing this civil war.
So if he has nothing else to lose he will use them.(I hope I am wrong)
The thing is the international community will not be mobilised in time to stop him.
Makes no difference to him imo if NATO do go in by then it will be to late.
Last edited by Noentry on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 06, 2012 4:20 am » by Malogg

HAHA Image

Master Conspirator

PostThu Dec 06, 2012 4:24 am » by Cornbread714

Noentry wrote:He has these WMD's, this is true.

Where have I heard this before? Sounds vaguely familiar... :think:

How do you know that?

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 06, 2012 4:36 am » by Noentry

Cornbread714 wrote:
Noentry wrote:He has these WMD's, this is true.

Where have I heard this before? Sounds vaguely familiar... :think:

How do you know that?

I know what you mean. We have been lied to so many times it is hard to believe what is written.

I think Assad has admitted he has them and has said he is going to use them.

Syrian regime makes chemical warfare threat

Syria admits to possessing weapons of mass destruction and says they would be deployed against a foreign attack

And his own people.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/ju ... reat-assad

With Saddam he said he didn't have any, He used them on the Kurds yes, but then got rid of them because he was told By America they would go in if he didn't get rid of them.
He sold them off and they invaded Iraq anyway. The proof is they never found WMD's.

With Assad his father was ruler and Assad was born to be king.
He I am sure would destroy the whole country before he would give it up.

Remember what happen to Saddam. And the way they hanged him and humiliated him, I believe he would rather die in Syria then end up like Saddam.

I really hope I am wrong but this is my analysis of the situation.
I am antiwar but I am more anti genocide.
A. A. Milne

Master Conspirator

PostThu Dec 06, 2012 4:54 am » by Cornbread714

Good points, Noentry - and like I said, I'm not pretending to know.

I just wonder if we are truly in a position to invade and try to "fix" yet another country's problems. If that is ever our real intention in the first place.

It all stinks.

All of it.

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 06, 2012 5:05 am » by Malogg

Syria then Iran then finishing off with Egypt if the Mossad fecks get their way .

:hell:
HAHA Image

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 06, 2012 5:09 am » by Noentry

Cornbread714 wrote:Good points, Noentry - and like I said, I'm not pretending to know.

I just wonder if we are truly in a position to invade and try to "fix" yet another country's problems. If that is ever our real intention in the first place.

It all stinks.

All of it.

I agree with you my friend.

Stinks to high heaven.

Its such a shame that its hard to believe what we are told, even when they might be telling the truth.

What upsets me is the way they pick and choose who to invade according to how much oil and raw materials they have.

Instead of what is right and moral.

Saddam invaded Kuwait because they were slant drilling Iraq oil and because Kuwait owed Iraq $4 billion and told him straight they were not going to pay.

With Syria it has nothing to offer so they let it go to shit.

The only reason they would go in to get Assad is if he uses WMD's, as an example of what happens when you use them.
If he used them and the west did nothing that would encourage others to do the same.
By responding to WMD's, leaders/Dictators will fear to use them.
And really any leader who did use them especially on his own people, is a genocidal maniac, and should be taken out.

However like you I am no expert, but I do keep up with this type of situations as much as I can.

Great post by the way. :flop:
A. A. Milne

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 06, 2012 5:13 am » by Malogg

Syria is Irans closest Alliance (friend) Take Assad out then Iran should be easier to invade .

FKN War tactics
HAHA Image

Initiate

PostThu Dec 06, 2012 5:51 am » by Marcydare

:hell: How many Countries , How many victims , How many Invasions,
before the World sickens of this crap and puts an end to the West (US/UK)
and it's Problem, Reaction , Solution. BULLSHIT. Interference and manipulation
of and toying with entire Nations Populations ? How much is enough ?

Global Thermal Nuclear War........Because man deserves nothing less :bang;

Next