Dogs Poop Aligned To Earth's Magnetic Field

Super Moderator

PostThu Jan 02, 2014 9:56 pm » by -Marduk-

Dogs Poop Aligned To Earth's Magnetic Field

Scientists at the Cezch University of Life Sciences in Prague have found that dogs are sensitive to Earth's magnetism. In fact, they're so sensitive that they poop aligned to the planet's magnetic field.
The research paper—published in the journal Frontiers in Zoology—says that dogs "prefer to excrete with the body being aligned along the North-south axis under calm MF (magnetic field) conditions." Apparently, if the MF is unstable–like when Earth is hit by a solar flare—they get confused. These were their conclusions:

Introduction
Several mammalian species spontaneously align their body axis with respect to the Earth's magnetic field (MF) lines in diverse behavioral contexts. Magnetic alignment is a suitable paradigm to scan for the occurrence of magnetosensitivity across animal taxa with the heuristic potential to contribute to the understanding of the mechanism of magnetoreception and identify further functions of magnetosensation apart from navigation. With this in mind we searched for signs of magnetic alignment in dogs. We measured the direction of the body axis in 70 dogs of 37 breeds during defecation (1,893 observations) and urination (5,582 observations) over a two-year period. After complete sampling, we sorted the data according to the geomagnetic conditions prevailing during the respective sampling periods. Relative declination and intensity changes of the MF during the respective dog walks were calculated from daily magnetograms. Directional preferences of dogs under different MF conditions were analyzed and tested by means of circular statistics.

Results
Dogs preferred to excrete with the body being aligned along the North-south axis under calm MF conditions. This directional behavior was abolished under Unstable MF. The best predictor of the behavioral switch was the rate of change in declination, i.e., polar orientation of the MF.

http://www.frontiersinzoology.com/conte ... 0/abstract

All I know is that, the next time I go out and find a dog's shit, I will take out my compass app and see if the alignment is complete. :D

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 02, 2014 10:06 pm » by kentrb

Initiate

PostThu Jan 02, 2014 10:21 pm » by DarkHeart

Hmm when I built our bathroom I put the toilet facing exactly north :mrcool: , however my dog poops facing in whatever direction he is going in generally, but most of all he likes to poop outside his arch enemy the Alsatians house just to piss him off.

Scientists really do research some shit these days.
Image #1 contre les salopries d'existence

Writer

PostThu Jan 02, 2014 10:24 pm » by Bravo69

...geez... I often wondered why on some toilets I like to "side-straddle"...

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 02, 2014 10:40 pm » by Evildweeb

Of all of the possible stories in all the universe of all time, it all boils down to dog poop.

Itsa conspiracy I tell ya, a conspiracy.

:clapper:

:cheers:

Living south of Kansas and north of Texas pretty much puts me in the middle of fu(king nowhere.

Conspirator

PostFri Jan 03, 2014 4:46 am » by Thebluecanary

That's awesome. No wonder my dog has to spin around 300 times (600 if it's cold or raining) before he can drop the deuce. His little ass is a furry compass. Bwahahaha.
Remember, in a real conspiracy, all players are pawns regardless of their rank.
-----Christopher Hyatt

Initiate

PostFri Jan 03, 2014 5:03 am » by Hamal67

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 09, 2014 2:15 am » by Evildweeb

-Marduk- wrote:Dogs Poop Aligned To Earth's Magnetic Field

Scientists at the Cezch University of Life Sciences in Prague have found that dogs are sensitive to Earth's magnetism. In fact, they're so sensitive that they poop aligned to the planet's magnetic field.
The research paper—published in the journal Frontiers in Zoology—says that dogs "prefer to excrete with the body being aligned along the North-south axis under calm MF (magnetic field) conditions." Apparently, if the MF is unstable–like when Earth is hit by a solar flare—they get confused. These were their conclusions:

Introduction
Several mammalian species spontaneously align their body axis with respect to the Earth's magnetic field (MF) lines in diverse behavioral contexts. Magnetic alignment is a suitable paradigm to scan for the occurrence of magnetosensitivity across animal taxa with the heuristic potential to contribute to the understanding of the mechanism of magnetoreception and identify further functions of magnetosensation apart from navigation. With this in mind we searched for signs of magnetic alignment in dogs. We measured the direction of the body axis in 70 dogs of 37 breeds during defecation (1,893 observations) and urination (5,582 observations) over a two-year period. After complete sampling, we sorted the data according to the geomagnetic conditions prevailing during the respective sampling periods. Relative declination and intensity changes of the MF during the respective dog walks were calculated from daily magnetograms. Directional preferences of dogs under different MF conditions were analyzed and tested by means of circular statistics.

Results
Dogs preferred to excrete with the body being aligned along the North-south axis under calm MF conditions. This directional behavior was abolished under Unstable MF. The best predictor of the behavioral switch was the rate of change in declination, i.e., polar orientation of the MF.

http://www.frontiersinzoology.com/conte ... 0/abstract

All I know is that, the next time I go out and find a dog's shit, I will take out my compass app and see if the alignment is complete. :D

WOOHOOOOOO !!!!!! Hey buddy, yer find just went MSM. :flop:

Magnetic field inspires dog defecation dance, says study

Upload to Disclose.tv

Reuters

Published on Jan 8, 2014

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l24fUCCKGEI

Living south of Kansas and north of Texas pretty much puts me in the middle of fu(king nowhere.

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 09, 2014 2:35 am » by Chaindrive

Round and round they go, where theyll stop NOBODY knows... :lol:

Upload to Disclose.tv

"Can we some Benny Hill music on this please................. thank you!"

My ACD spins as well.. and I always thought that the muscles in the large intestines wasnt pushing his poop out fast enough... thats why he spins, either that or he wants to cover more ground with his poop... who knows my Dingus.

Found this tho:

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 09, 2014 2:40 am » by Evildweeb

No offence intended CD but you just stepped on my announcement that Marduk's topic went M S M

post934163.html?hilit=Dogs%20Poop%20Aligned%20To%20Earth%27s%20Magnetic%20Field#p934163

:banana:

:cheers:

Next