Don't just bitch- sign the petition!

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 13, 2014 7:59 pm » by 99socks

I got to thinking, as much as we bitch about what is going on and how little we can do about any of it, I think our cynicism has gotten in the way of us participating in the little things that we CAN do.

One of those little things is lending a bit of support for grass-roots movements- political, social, entrepreneurs, etc.. You don't have to pour out your blood, sweat, and tears on a Habitat for Humanity project- you just have to sign a petition here or there. I have been doing this for several months now, and it's so easy you can do it with a beer in one hand and a joint in the other. :D

Disclaimer- sometimes things aren't always what they seem, so feel free to do a bit of research before signing anything and sharing with your friends.

So, go ahead and post a petition for whatever you think is important. No one has to know what you participate in and no one has to waste anyone's time by bickering or arguing about which is better than the other. If you know something is complete bullshit, go ahead and call it out- with proof or explanation, please.
Last edited by 99socks on Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 13, 2014 8:04 pm » by 99socks

I'll go first. :flop:

Today, a bill to fast track the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) was introduced in Congress. The deal, which is being negotiated with over 600 corporations behind closed doors, is a threat to clean air, clean water, safe food and our democracy.

We have to stop fast track for the TPP. Email your Congress members now.

If passed, corporations could sue the U.S. government to overturn democratically created laws and regulations if they threaten the corporation's profits. Things like sourcing local food for schools, banning fracking in your community and labeling genetically engineered foods are at the top of the corporate hit list.

President Obama is trying to fast track this deal to give himself sole authority to negotiate it, leaving Congress and the American public with absolutely no input.

Thankfully we still have time to stop this. Fast Track votes have been defeated in Congress in the past and we can do it again. In recent weeks, members of Congress on both sides of the aisle have showed opposition to Fast Track for the TPP. But corporations around the world will stop at nothing to pass this bill. Every single member of Congress needs to hear from their constituents on this.

Take action now. It's the most important thing you can do.
https://secure3.convio.net/fww/site/Adv ... login=true

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 13, 2014 8:33 pm » by 99socks

Chaindrive wrote:If you do par take in (this or what other petitions that might be posted) Just make damn sure that you sign somebody elses name to it and do it from a computer thats not even close to your 911 address. Why in the hell would you give these asswipes that excuse to move your name farther up on that list of being a malcontent, a boat rockers, of being "unpatriotic", a "terrorist" and "enemy of the state".?

But of you dont believe in the NDAA or homeland or FEMA etc... then knock yourself of... go completely nuts and add as much personal information on it as you can.. I think they would applicate it, it would mean less work for them..

Isnt THAT special.? :shock:

See, cynicism has made you forget; they already know what you do and do not care about. If you have an email address, have ever used a phone, and have ever made a post online- they already know. Being on the list doesn't make anything THAT much easier for them. They could simply run a search through the database they've been collecting since the time of newsgroups.

If you are so scared of the establishment to the point that you can't even sign a petition encouraging lawmakers to consider something, then you have already lost. Congratulations. Sit and whine about it going down the tubes. God forbid you do anything but enable them to have such an easy job at it.

In the meantime, I think my Congressional representatives need to know that there are people out there who actually give a shit about the kind of job they are doing.

Super Moderator

PostMon Jan 13, 2014 8:49 pm » by TheDuck

Do you think they actually work? honest question.

I've lost faith in them personally, although I do still sign them occasionally, if only out of respect for the person who asked me to...
www.Vigusto.com - Premium E-liquid

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 13, 2014 10:35 pm » by 99socks

TheDuck wrote:Do you think they actually work? honest question.

I've lost faith in them personally, although I do still sign them occasionally, if only out of respect for the person who asked me to...

I think for a lot of the "small" stuff, they do... but it depends on who starts the petition and whether or not they are willing to follow up on it. One person randomly making a petition and getting 20,000 signatures isn't going to have any success if that's the extent of their involvement. Some of the more organized groups like the SPCA etc. actually follow-up on the kinds of laws they are trying to get implemented.

Also, when you sign a petition through a dedicated site, you are put on a list that updates you on where the petition is in the process. A few of the ones I have signed have been successful (for instance, getting Amazon to stop selling "To Train Up A Child" by Michael and Debi Pearl). Do I think a petition is going to get rid of the Federal Reserve or hold any of the last Presidents accountable for all of their war crimes? Hell no. But I've seen petitions for animal abuse and child abuse laws be successful, as well as others that are stepping stones for stopping Monsanto, Wal-mart, more banking fraud, and for protecting municipal drinking water etc.

No one here has to do anything; maybe most of them don't even work. But I think if we've thrown out what little voice and what little control we have left in the system VOLUNTARILY, then we don't have any kind of right to complain about what is going on. If more people did something about- and changed- the small stuff, then they wouldn't amalgamate into such enormous, unwieldy nightmares.

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 13, 2014 11:29 pm » by Malogg

They work but one thing you are not being true to yourself as signing with a fictional dead person like your illegal birth certificate is imprinted with your parents DNA thus casting the spell done deed lol nevermind if ya dunni understand me as Ima know it sounds crazy but waking up from the conformed bollox of the delusional fkn black magic matrix is kinda hard for me to explane when Ima still fkn sign these petitions.

Yeap Ima dunni have the time to explain this at the moment and do really care about such but at the moment Ima kinda having a wee drinky >>>

But please sign and share this one as it is so close to target and this one Ima can vouch for in blood if need be. . .

Target 10,000 signatures
Please sign and share thankyou
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/offi ... -petition/

Cheba cheba :cheers:

P.S. Paul Drockton is back from the brink of death. . .Paul had a really bad car accident 2 years ago and is lucky to be alive, it would mean a lot to him and please send your prayers to him for a speedy recovery lmao same ole Paul advertising folks products. . .

Is thata greedy American thing or just all part of the radio talk show hosts perks?

:flop:

Paul A Drockton M.A.
6 January
For those who haven't heard my story, I was in a car accident a few years back and I was basically told I didn't have much time to live. I started talking this product and now I've been able to go to the gym every morning. I can do 2 hours of Cardio, Bench press 315 lbs (10 reps) and even rep out 1,350 lbs on the leg press. This product has honestly helped immensely! We are giving out some free samples. If you are interested let me know.

https://www.facebook.com/HunterFitness1 ... iIxOTk5In0

Initiate

PostTue Jan 14, 2014 12:07 am » by Just a thought

Californians Sign Petition to Allow Soldiers to Commandeer Anyone's Home & Live There For Free

Enough said.

Super Moderator

PostTue Jan 14, 2014 1:27 am » by TheDuck

99socks wrote:If more people did something about- and changed- the small stuff, then they wouldn't amalgamate into such enormous, unwieldy nightmares.

Yeah, I see your point of view :flop:
www.Vigusto.com - Premium E-liquid

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 14, 2014 3:32 am » by Thebluecanary

The last online petition I signed was to let GWAR play halftime at the 2014 Super Bowl. I'm pretty sure that has as much chance of happening as anything else I've signed a petition for.

Don't get me wrong, Sock, I'm not sitting here chewing my nails cuz the big bad gubment might label me a subversive…I'm pretty sure they do in fact know what I'm into and that I'm a tiny little fish in a big ocean. I sign petitions all the time. Every time some gross ass Monsanto legislation comes up for vote, I'm signing petitions and emailing my congressman, same with lots of other political and social issues. Mostly that stuff is just to make myself feel better, though. I signed the one trying to block Amazon from selling To Train Up A Child, too…and even though they just last week prevented me from listing some kid's bound masters thesis about the pre WWII German education system for sale because it has the title "Hitler as Educator", they still seem to have no problem selling a book that tells you it's perfectly OK to beat your kid with PVC pipe. Jeff Bezos is a Bilderberger, so what do you expect?

The only ones I've signed that seemed to bear any fruit at all are the ones geared towards getting rid of restrictive zoning and neighborhood covenants that prevent people from growing food.
Remember, in a real conspiracy, all players are pawns regardless of their rank.
-----Christopher Hyatt

Initiate

PostTue Jan 14, 2014 4:21 am » by Just a thought

Thebluecanary wrote:The last online petition I signed was to let GWAR play halftime at the 2014 Super Bowl. I'm pretty sure that has as much chance of happening as anything else I've signed a petition for.

Don't get me wrong, Sock, I'm not sitting here chewing my nails cuz the big bad gubment might label me a subversive…I'm pretty sure they do in fact know what I'm into and that I'm a tiny little fish in a big ocean. I sign petitions all the time. Every time some gross ass Monsanto legislation comes up for vote, I'm signing petitions and emailing my congressman, same with lots of other political and social issues. Mostly that stuff is just to make myself feel better, though. I signed the one trying to block Amazon from selling To Train Up A Child, too…and even though they just last week prevented me from listing some kid's bound masters thesis about the pre WWII German education system for sale because it has the title "Hitler as Educator", they still seem to have no problem selling a book that tells you it's perfectly OK to beat your kid with PVC pipe. Jeff Bezos is a Bilderberger, so what do you expect?

The only ones I've signed that seemed to bear any fruit at all are the ones geared towards getting rid of restrictive zoning and neighborhood covenants that prevent people from growing food.

Supreme Court hands Monsanto victory over farmers on GMO seed patents, ability to sue
The US Supreme Court upheld biotech giant Monsanto’s claims on genetically-engineered seed patents and the company’s ability to sue farmers whose fields are inadvertently contaminated with Monsanto materials.
ref: http://rt.com/usa/monsanto-patents-sue-farmers-547/

And therein lies the problem. They'll do as they damn well please. There is no minority or majority it's just us and them, and they're winning.

Next