Doomsday 2012 assurances by NASA fall on deaf ears

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 07, 2012 9:55 pm » by Flecktarn

Doomsday 2012 assurances by NASA fall on deaf ears
NASA wants the world to know that "Doomsday 2012" is just a myth. But that hasn't stopped true believers from fretting over the alleged end of the world, supposedly due on December 21, 2012, and thought to be predicted by the Mayan long count calendar.

According to an article published on Thursday by Patch.com, Doomsday 2012 will not happen. At least that's what officials at NASA are trying to convey to an increasingly jittery public.

"Just as the calendar you have on your kitchen wall does not cease to exist after December 31, the Mayan calendar does not cease to exist on December 21, 2012" say scientists on the official NASA website. "This date is the end of the Mayan long-count period but then -- just as your calendar begins again on January 1 -- another long-count period begins for the Mayan calendar."

Wise words, but not everyone is listening.

Many well-known celebrities have piled on to the issue, and lots of their fans are tuning in. Stars like Woody Harrelson, Mel Gibson and Shirley MacLaine aren't so sure there's nothing to the belief in impending doom, and they're not afraid to go on the record.

On the official Doomsday 2012 website, December212012.com, these celebs, while not actually endorsing the Mayan calendar theory, do believe there is something to the idea that the Earth will end in apocalypse. If not on the Winter solstice, then soon enough.

"I think that there is a real sense in our culture that we are heading towards some kind of apocalypse," writes Harrelson. "Maybe it is part of the Christian concept of the apocalypse but I am not saying that is an exclusively Christian concept."

"The precursors to a civilization that’s going under are the same, time and time again, said Mel Gibson. "What’s human sacrifice if not sending guys off to Iraq for no reason?"

Other celebrities, while not being openly quoted about the issue, nonetheless allow links to other websites espousing their opinions.

So, it seems, no matter what the scientists have to say about the belief in an upcoming end-of-the-world scenario, plenty of folks will not be dissuaded.source the Examiner..

some are relay buying in to it :bang;
ImageImage

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 07, 2012 9:57 pm » by Tuor10

I think the whole end of the world subject has been done to death - no pun intended.

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 07, 2012 10:00 pm » by Flecktarn

i found it funny that nasa was telling people it was not going to happen ,and we all trust them right
ImageImage

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 07, 2012 10:03 pm » by Tuor10

Flecktarn wrote:i found it funny that nasa was telling people it was not going to happen ,and we all trust them right

I doubt even NASA would be privy to such information. Most of their primary date is heavily redacted by the military.