'Doomsday Ark' to be housed on the Moon!?

Conspirator

PostMon Jul 05, 2010 11:26 pm » by whitedeath

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2010/07/doomsday-ark-to-be-housed-on-the-moon-a-remote-access-toolkit-to-rebuild-the-human-race.html

“Eventually, it will be necessary to have a kind of Noah’s ark there, a diversity of species from the biosphere."

Bernard Foing, Chief Scientist/Research, European Space Agency

Ok it's still only a possibility, but I would be surprised if this hasn't been thought of before.
Unless you believe there are Aliens on the moon, then would we be sending it for them to study/harvest?

If the human species should be destroyed on Earth, our future may reside on the Moon if plans.being drawn up for a “Doomsday ark” on the moon by the European Space Agency are carried through. The Ark will contain the essentials of life and human civilization, to be activated in the event of earth being devastated by a giant asteroid or nuclear war.

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 06, 2010 12:08 am » by Aardvaaks

Well as we have 'buckets of water' on the moon, an atmosphere and its our nearest celestial body, seems a good idea.
Shame we just cant look after the beautiful planet Earth better, although a giant asteroid encounter is another matter.
' I'm leaving because the weather is too good. I hate London when it's not raining'.
Groucho Marx

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 06, 2010 12:10 am » by whitedeath

Very true aard, When I'm outside at night alone. Looking up at the stars & the moon. I can't help but think why can't we do something to save this , it is just so beautiful.

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 06, 2010 11:07 am » by Aardvaaks

I would fill in the blank bubble with the following....

'No intelligent life could live down there, its too poisonous'

' I'm leaving because the weather is too good. I hate London when it's not raining'.
Groucho Marx

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 06, 2010 5:17 pm » by whitedeath

lol very good!

Master Conspirator

PostTue Jul 06, 2010 5:22 pm » by Drjones

I think housing something like that on the moon is really stupid,we've all looked at the moon at some time i hope,it's full of craters yes?....so best not to house humankind's most important resources on it i feel.I say we sort this place out,ourselves and just take our chances here on Earth.

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 06, 2010 5:26 pm » by whitedeath

I hear you jonsey, but I think if they were to seriously go ahead with storing anything on the moon then tptb would guarantee it's safety.
Whether they have already been building structures as the legend of the dark side of the moon says or if aliens really are there, then it could be more of a trade than keeping them safe.
After all once they had moved it to the moon, who could ever keep track of it

Initiate

PostTue Jul 06, 2010 5:36 pm » by Govtslave

whitedeath wrote:Very true aard, When I'm outside at night alone. Looking up at the stars & the moon. I can't help but think why can't we do something to save this , it is just so beautiful.

Many of us have been asking this same question for some time. Some lean on religious and spiritual answers while others think in political terms. Why is man so consumed with wealth and power that he will destroy the very thing that gives him life? Whether it is God or mother earth. It makes no sense that a single man would want more money than he could possibly spend in his lifetime other than to be consumed by the power that comes with it.

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 06, 2010 6:28 pm » by Aardvaaks

Govtslave I liken this act of using whatever skills to acrue as much money as possible or as you put it more money than you could ever spend in a lifetime to that of the talented computer code writer who uses it to create virus programs, a sheer waste of talent and enegy for no purpose!
Groucho Marx

Master Conspirator

PostTue Jul 06, 2010 7:27 pm » by Drjones

We can 'save the planet' if you want to say that,just through sheer intent or belief,it is that simple but most of the time our minds are distracted with meaningless garbage of no importance in the grand scheme of things.The reality is we are not 'saving the planet',the planet is going to be here for BILLIONS OF YEARS..probably,we are attempting to save ourselves,our species.Our current way of life is entirely unsustainable and anti-earth which despite this being the only home for our species in the universe is truly bizzarre a million times over.This planet is now seen as nothing more than a resource to be plundered and pilidged,i say the time is NOW to say ENOUGH....we need to start to realign our priorites,we only got one shot here.