Doomsday clock shifts back one minute

Conspirator

PostFri Jan 15, 2010 4:22 pm » by Abyssdnb

Anti-nuclear campaigners welcomed forecasts by the symbolic clock, created by the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists in 1947, that the current threat had lessened.

The gimmick was built in New York two years after the US dropped the first atom bombs on Japan in World War Two and was first set at seven minutes to midnight. In 2007 it was wound on to five minutes to midnight, to reflect the failure to solve problems posed by nuclear weapons.

The Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament (CND) said the hands on the clock were now being moved back to six minutes to midnight.

Kate Hudson, from CND, said: ''This shift reflects the significant improvement since the end of the Bush era. Both Presidents Obama and Medvedev are committed to nuclear abolition and have put the issue firmly at the centre of the international political agenda.

''From the aggressive escalation of the Bush years we have seen a significant change in the US administration's approach to nuclear weapons. Now almost all states are pushing in a more sane direction.

''The progress towards major US-Russian reductions in warheads is creating an improved international climate ahead of the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) Review Conference in May – but now we need to translate aspirations into results."
Image "Fear not the path of truth for the lack of people walking on it."

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 25, 2010 1:30 pm » by Mediasorcerer

frankly im not reassured at all . the way things are unfolding .b prepared 4 trouble.soon.make up u own mind.my guts tell me trouble
with the power of soul,anything is possible
with the power of you,anything that you wanna do

Initiate

PostMon Jan 25, 2010 3:38 pm » by Freedomofwill

I'm not so sure about that. I believe that anything can happen either good or bad. We'll see.

Writer

PostMon Jan 25, 2010 4:28 pm » by Agruvchic

I find it an oxymoron for the doomsday clock was set back by a minute and the following week all these reports of heightened "terror threats" emerge.
I think that more media attention was given to the turning back of the nuclear threat clock in order to defuse the reality of all governments preparing for yet another false flag....just my opinion, of course.