Chronic fatigue Syndrome

Initiate

PostTue Sep 24, 2013 7:42 pm » by Poppa_pygar

Cognoscenti wrote:Hey Phoenix, fibromyalgia is a disorder of the excessive release of "substance P" and glutamate from sensory neurons in the spinal cord. These neurotransmitters convey pain to the brain. Two medications, Lyrica and Cymbalta can successfully down regulate the release of these neurotransmitters, and significantly improve the perception of pain. The true cause of Polymyalgia rheumatica remains unknown, but can be successfully treated with the anti-inflammatory steroid prednisone. Doses as low as 5 mg a day may be effective.

That's what i'm on Prednisone, i've managed to get down to 3mgs, when i started i was on 10mgs
If you're talking behind my back, you're in a good position to kiss my ass! Image

Conspirator

PostTue Sep 24, 2013 8:30 pm » by 99socks

Since we are on the idea of "meds," even though I am philosophically (at least) inclined to search out the source of a problem rather than cover up the symptoms with drugs, I WILL suggest that along with a healthy diet (hey, doesn't hurt to get those hidden food allergies checked out), a supplement called DRENAMIN made by Standard Process is totally the way to go. If you can find a nutritionist or holistic endocrinologist who will do the right endocrine tests and sell you this stuff, IT IS THE BOMB! From this alone, I went from sleeping ~16-18 hours a day while being a total insomniac, to sleeping a solid 9 hours each night and being completely awake during the day (no post-lunch crashes). (Cymbalta worked for me once too for the fibromyalgia, until it gave me TIA.) Is it a cure? No; but it helps while you are getting the rest of your body/mind sorted out.

Anyways, regarding the exercise... take it easy. Even mild to moderate exercise can cause your symptoms to get worse. Before you head off on your own, know that diet and exercise alone isn't going to "cure" you. Sure, it will work for 90% of the lazy population, but if you really have CFS or fibromyalgia, it actually is better to stay off traditional exertion- type exercises. If you hit the gym two or three times in one week and find you can't get out of bed for a month, then find another health care professional to really test and investigate what is wrong. Stay away from MD's, they don't know squat. (Don't go chasing down the looney toons New Age practitioners, either.) Keep on the edge of the main-stream.

And as always, take care of your mental, emotional, spiritual, and nutritional health. Read the book I told you to- it will either totally apply (making every other piece of advice anyone can give you totally counterproductive) or it totally will not. The rest will fall into place.
http://www.thedailysheeple.com/obamas-doj-silent-as-new-black-panthers-leader-incites-violence-in-ferguson_082014

I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

Conspirator

PostTue Sep 24, 2013 8:45 pm » by Toxic32

I question everything. I don't believe anything I'm told or anything I see. Prove it, or fuck off. And that's not me I see in the mirror in the morning.

Super Moderator

PostTue Sep 24, 2013 8:55 pm » by Spock

I'm sorry if I sounded harsh or unconcerned in my last post, I was typing it from my phone while sitting in a doctors office (3rd time this week) trying to figure out what is wrong with me.

When I say "walk", that is what I mean, "walk" at first, because you don't know what is going on. And walking can't hurt, it will get the blood pumping and the heart rate up, and help move some of those nasty cells around. Along with introducing a regiment of fresh vegetable and fruit juices, that can not hurt you and most likely will make things much, much better. I just hear people moan and complain so much and will give every excuse in the book as to why they can't change their lifestyle, as if there is a pill to make them better. In truth, there very may well be a pill that will help, but we all have to do our part.

I ended up in the Emergency Room for 4 hours on Sunday just after lunch. Watching a movie with my wife and father and all of a sudden my heart rate went through the roof. I was convinced it was a heart attack; cold and clammy, numb hands, racing heart, blurred vision. I did not know if I would make it to the hospital. My wife had the hazard lights on and ran red lights while on the phone with emergency services. When I got to the E.R. my blood pressure was through the roof and my heart rate hovered around 150. After taking blood and running labs - everything was normal. Within 3 or 4 hours, when I left, my heart rate was down under 100 and my BP was 118 over 65.

I just got back to the office from a calcium score, a CT scan of the heart. I scored "0", meaning that there is no better score to have. I am now wearing a halter monitor for the next 24 hours. I've had 3 major heart tests; echos, stress, etc in the past 5 years, and on Monday will have it for a 5th time - just because of my visit to the ER, to absolutely rule out anything caused by the heart.

I had another attack last night but nothing near as severe as Sunday, as well I've had them before bed almost every night for a week.

As I've said before, there are two possibilities my psych is leaning towards, one being temporal lobe epilepsy and another being what has been called "the Misery Molecule" a protein which hyper reacts your adrenaline/fight or flight mechanism. I am happy to say that I found out yesterday that I have been accepted into a study at Duke University which is looking into this, since it is a fairly new find and seems to align with my symptoms - but all other things must be ruled out first.

All this shit just 7 weeks after having anterior cervical discectomy and fusion on 3 vertebras.

Anyway, I feel your pain and frustration, and it is hard to know - keep your chin up, follow your gut and do what you can to help your body out.

Conspirator

PostTue Sep 24, 2013 9:16 pm » by 99socks

Spock wrote:
I ended up in the Emergency Room for 4 hours on Sunday just after lunch. Watching a movie with my wife and father and all of a sudden my heart rate went through the roof. I was convinced it was a heart attack; cold and clammy, numb hands, racing heart, blurred vision. I did not know if I would make it to the hospital. My wife had the hazard lights on and ran red lights while on the phone with emergency services. When I got to the E.R. my blood pressure was through the roof and my heart rate hovered around 150. After taking blood and running labs - everything was normal. Within 3 or 4 hours, when I left, my heart rate was down under 100 and my BP was 118 over 65.

I just got back to the office from a calcium score, a CT scan of the heart. I scored "0", meaning that there is no better score to have. I am now wearing a halter monitor for the next 24 hours. I've had 3 major heart tests; echos, stress, etc in the past 5 years, and on Monday will have it for a 5th time - just because of my visit to the ER, to absolutely rule out anything caused by the heart.

I had another attack last night but nothing near as severe as Sunday, as well I've had them before bed almost every night for a week.

As I've said before, there are two possibilities my psych is leaning towards, one being temporal lobe epilepsy and another being what has been called "the Misery Molecule" a protein which hyper reacts your adrenaline/fight or flight mechanism. I am happy to say that I found out yesterday that I have been accepted into a study at Duke University which is looking into this, since it is a fairly new find and seems to align with my symptoms - but all other things must be ruled out first.

All this shit just 7 weeks after having anterior cervical discectomy and fusion on 3 vertebras.

Anyway, I feel your pain and frustration, and it is hard to know - keep your chin up, follow your gut and do what you can to help your body out.

:shock:

Dang... you're going through the ringer. :?
http://www.thedailysheeple.com/obamas-doj-silent-as-new-black-panthers-leader-incites-violence-in-ferguson_082014

I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

Conspirator

PostTue Sep 24, 2013 9:21 pm » by Phoenix rising

Jeez spock you don't seem to be having it to good your self man, as of sounding harsh it didn't come across as that way at all mate so no worries, i get palpations but nothing what you have experienced, must have been pretty dam scary, i remember wearing a heart monitor 15 years ago when i was having regular palpitations and the monitor was the size of a brick strapped to the waist, i hope the one you got is a lot smaller cos just carrying the one i had gave me palpitations :lol:

its good you got into that study, there may be some light at the end of the tunnel so to speak so all the best with that, maybe we should call this the bad health thread :peep: :flop:
We live a one directional life in an omnidirectional existence

Writer

PostTue Sep 24, 2013 9:24 pm » by fitjiffa

My partner works with the Optimum Health Clinic in North London. They have loads of success with ME CFS etc.

Look them up on the web. Its worth it.

Super Moderator

PostTue Sep 24, 2013 9:28 pm » by Spock

ah, one day at a time. The hardest part is trying to not let work fall behind in any way, staying positive, creative and productive and hoping the boss understands this may not be my most spectacular 6 months. He's been very good and understanding so far and my family have been the the positive emotional support I've needed to keep my mind out of the gutter.

Super Moderator

PostTue Sep 24, 2013 9:40 pm » by DarkHeart

I've had CFS for over 20 years, its much much less now but still there, because of it I have learnt & researched a load of things that would otherwise been unknown to me.

The post by 99socks is pretty much a mirror of my own experience, though I haven't read those particular books I have read books along similar lines, a lot of the problems coming from having narcissistic (in the psychological sense) parents in my case, which resulted in developing coping behaviour that was seriously self destructive & unhelpful out in the real world.

I also developed food intolerances & allergies which I am sure comes from being at odds with ones self, the gut & its flora are something that has to be carefully maintained.

Apparently modern wheat is not something the body can cope with, and is the real culprit behind the current obesity epidemic, the other aspect of this is that it encourages bad bacteria & fungus in the gut.

Another side effect of this is fairly new to science, namely that these bacteria produce chemicals that have psychotropic effects which can be the cause of much emotional & mental problems, even causing schizophrenia in some cases.

For years I strove to eat well, not realising the wholemeal bread & yeast products were fuelling & maintaining most of the problems.

If your CFS has a bad gut element (IBS) then ditching carbs, sweet stuff, yeast products & fruit is something to try, it may take three weeks to see results though, and can be helped by taking anti candida supplements & probiotics (preferably at least an hour before breakfast) .

The streptococcus probiotic strain is better avoided, as it has been identified as a problem to people in the autistic spectrum.

I would also recommend the guided meditations of Ruth Neperstek especially "Heartbreak, Abandonment & Betrayal" if emotional issues are part of the picture for you.
Canubis wrote:i wont be apart of this..my wagon sails into the sun rise! but im sunset passed out for days..while jesus sleeps in your pocket...

Super Moderator

PostTue Sep 24, 2013 9:45 pm » by DarkHeart

Spock wrote:I'm sorry if I sounded harsh or unconcerned in my last post, I was typing it from my phone while sitting in a doctors office (3rd time this week) trying to figure out what is wrong with me.

When I say "walk", that is what I mean, "walk" at first, because you don't know what is going on. And walking can't hurt, it will get the blood pumping and the heart rate up, and help move some of those nasty cells around. Along with introducing a regiment of fresh vegetable and fruit juices, that can not hurt you and most likely will make things much, much better. I just hear people moan and complain so much and will give every excuse in the book as to why they can't change their lifestyle, as if there is a pill to make them better. In truth, there very may well be a pill that will help, but we all have to do our part.

The Aorta could be being squashed after eating, did you have a large meal & how were you sitting afterwards ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aorta
Canubis wrote:i wont be apart of this..my wagon sails into the sun rise! but im sunset passed out for days..while jesus sleeps in your pocket...

PreviousNext