Chronic fatigue Syndrome

Conspirator

PostTue Sep 24, 2013 9:56 pm » by Toxic32

Sounds a lot like a panic attach to me. They sneak up on you just when you're relaxed and least expect it. The shock of it happening scares the shit out of you. You adrenalin kicks in because you've just had awake up call. Your blood pressure goes through the roof. Your heart gets a shot of nitro which turns what was probably palpitation into a formula one racing engine. Your in full panic mode. The trauma of your back operation would be enough to light the a slow burning fuse in your subconscious. Sometimes trauma can take years to work through to your reality. I've been through it I know what I'm talking about. Had the heart monitor for a week all the test, scans bloods. You name I had it. They found nothing physically wrong with me at all.
Welcome back Slith...Nuff Said.

Initiate

PostTue Sep 24, 2013 11:33 pm » by Cognoscenti

Sorry for your troubles Spock, and not to worry you, but you might ask your docs to check you for a pheochromocytoma, a rare neuroendocrine tumor that can suddenly release a load of adrenalin into your system and result in the symptoms you describe. The screening test is a 24 hour urine collection in which they assay for metabolites of adrenaline called VMA and metanephrines. Good luck

Super Moderator

PostTue Sep 24, 2013 11:55 pm » by Spock

Yes Toxic, it is anxiety disorder mixed with panic disorder. I've suffered it for a little over 20 years and learned to cope, that's why Sunday was such a massive surprise. I stay with a certain level of anxiousness, however panic is not always present. Anxiety is the physical aspect of it, panic is the psychological side. Panic is not always part of an anxiety attack, but anxiety is always a part of a panic attack - if that makes sense?

Thanks Cognoscenti! I had never heard of that and will text it to my doc right now. We are looking to test anything at this point and they are just as puzzled as I am.

Pheochromocytoma = A pheochromocytoma (fe-o-kro-mo-si-TOE-muh) is a rare, usually noncancerous (benign) tumor that develops in the core of an adrenal gland. You have two adrenal glands, one just above each of your kidneys. Your adrenal glands produce hormones that give instructions to virtually every organ and tissue in your body.

If you have a pheochromocytoma, your adrenal glands can produce too much of certain hormones, raising your blood pressure and heart rate. A pheochromocytoma may be life-threatening if unrecognized or untreated.

A pheochromocytoma can develop at any age, but most commonly occurs in middle age. Usually, treatment for pheochromocytoma can return blood pressure to normal.

WOW! I actually think there may be something to this. When I had my gallbladder removed last September, during the scans they said they saw a small benign lump on one of my kidneys, but that it was nothing to worry about.

Super Moderator

PostWed Sep 25, 2013 12:26 am » by Spock

Cognoscenti wrote:Sorry for your troubles Spock, and not to worry you, but you might ask your docs to check you for a pheochromocytoma, a rare neuroendocrine tumor that can suddenly release a load of adrenalin into your system and result in the symptoms you describe. The screening test is a 24 hour urine collection in which they assay for metabolites of adrenaline called VMA and metanephrines. Good luck

I have to say, after looking at this, it is the absolute closest thing I have ever seen to describing what I am going through. I am having a text chat with my Doctor right now. Everything, even the blurred vision. Even a few months ago I had a spell and momentarily blacked out at work, was taken to an Urgent Care center and nothing showed in the test - we attributed it to a gastro problem doing something with the vegus nerve. Although, symptoms for this even cover that outbreak.

As well, when I had a CT scan on my guts recently, I was told I had a small benign cyst on one of my kidneys but that it was nothing to worry about.

I am SO grateful you popped into this thread - I have another appointment tomorrow and will start down this path and report back.

I'm blown away!

Super Moderator

PostWed Sep 25, 2013 10:01 pm » by DarkHeart

Canubis wrote:i recently made some retarded threads and had boon swinging from my nuts

Initiate

PostWed Sep 25, 2013 10:40 pm » by Rkobilan

@Phoenix below are titles of Youtube videos that may assist you in your attempt to get well.

Below are titles of videos that can be viewed using Youtube on the internet:

William Davis - Wheat: The UNhealthy Whole Grain

Sugar: The Bitter Truth

Samantha Bachman Interviews Don Tolman "The human body is full of tubes."

Andrew Norton Webber-First ever UK Distilled Waters Conference

The Case Against Fluoride, Paul Connett in New Zealand 22Feb2013

Conspirator

PostThu Sep 26, 2013 5:12 am » by 99socks

DarkHeart wrote:I thought this might be of interest to anyone reading this thread

http://www.theelementsofhealth.com/resources/articles/articles-stress/the_autonomic_nervous_syste.pdf

:flop: :flop: :flop: :flop: :flop: :flop:

Boy do I have some stories about all that! The only thing left out was the shaman! lol

Super Moderator

PostThu Sep 26, 2013 11:31 am » by Spock

2 days ago I underwent a calcium score (CT scan of the heart) to rule out the heart, I scored a "0" which is a perfect score, it does not appear my heart is at fault at all, however my PCP wants to go ahead and do another ehco and nuclear stress (which will be my 4 round in the past 5 years), and they have always shown that my heart is healthy.

So, I had an appointment with my psych yesterday and I printed out the full report about "Pheochromocytoma" to take with me. On the way to the appointment, I had another attack, and had to call 911 and wait for the ambulance in a store parking lot. This is the scariest thing I have ever gone through. I know what panic and anxiety attacks feel like, and I am telling my doctors that after 20 years, these last 2 episodes are far worse than anything I have ever experienced. When the medics got there, my heart rate was elevated, but within 10 minutes I was back to normal, so the entire episode lasted about 20 minutes and I was able to continue on to my appointment - believe me, I would not just call an ambulance unless I thought I was on the verge of death. And again, I was anxious about NOTHING when it hit, I felt it start, took about 10 to 15 minutes of a sense of adrenaline, then in a split second my heart speed up and went into palpitations.

The good thing about it was, maybe a blessing in disguise, was that I was actually wearing a halter monitor while this happened, so the entire thing was recorded, and I am anxious to get these results back.

My psych has ordered me the test for Pheochromocytoma (24 hour urine test) as well as and Electroencephalogram (EEG) for possible Temporal Lobe Epilepsy - although he thinks I have neither and this is 100% anxiety, but is willing to rule it out - the psychologist, on the other hand, believes it could possibly be one of the 2, so even though I feel I have great doctors working with each other, I also get the feeling there is a bit of ego involved in their positions. My psych seemed to take personal offense that I was accepted into the Duke study, making mention that he attended and worked at Duke and could do the same studies - however, I would not get his full attention in a specialized category of research.

Anyway, so now I've been prescribe Klonopin twice a day, and Xanax as needed.

I'm a little nervous about the Klonopin, not necessarily the effects, but the addiction which comes with it - there are horror stories about coming off of Klonopin. On the other hand, if I had to choose to live with these attacks, or stay on klonopin, addicted or not, I would choose the addiction every time.

Initiate

PostThu Sep 26, 2013 2:43 pm » by Truthseekerx

CFS, Fibromyalgia, Epstein Barr Syndrome, etc. are all very REAL. Medical doctors used to deny their existence and said it was all in the patients head. It is not, for I have known two people whose lives were devastated by these.

These syndromes are all related and have one underlying cause: diet. No medical doctor will tell you this.

Those two people I mentioned are perfectly healthy today after going on a raw vegan diet, as prescribed by the Hippocrates Institute for Health in Florida. One of them ran a marathon last year and, three years prior to that, could not get out of bed.

Diet is the key to health but people have to give up their addictions to animal products, sugar, etc. This is very difficult to do and I have known people that chose death instead of changing their diet. Make no mistake, unhealthy foods are an addiction, so it takes a lot of support to change this part of ones lifestyle.

Initiate

PostThu Sep 26, 2013 3:23 pm » by Cognoscenti

It is really fortunate Spock that you had the Holter monitor on when you had the attack. They will be able to determine if the rhythm disturbance is arising from the heart itself due to a disorder of normal cardiac conduction, or whether your heart is being abnormally stimulated by catecholamines (adrenaline) which will produce a rhythm known as sinus tachycardia. The thing is, rapid rhythm disturbances arising from abnormal cardiac conduction would not be expected to be associated with the severe hypertensive response you have observed. In fact, hypotension sometimes results because left ventricular filling time is reduced and cardiac output actually can drop resulting in a lowering of blood pressure. Panic attacks can cause both rapid heart rate and elevated BP because they are also the result of an adrenaline surge. Usually though, there is an identifiable trigger to panic symptoms, and you do not seem to report any. There is a saying in medicine: If you hear hoofbeats don't look for zebras, but if you never look for zebras you will never find one.

PreviousNext