Chronic fatigue Syndrome

Initiate

PostThu Sep 26, 2013 3:27 pm » by DmoniX_The_Destroyer

I'm too tired to read all this... BUT, I have Psoriatic Arthritis... Before the onset of the arthritis for years I suffered from Agoraphobia, anxiety and OCD... Somehow, somewhere, the latter all disappeared... I found that not drinking any products containing caffeine or the like and staying away from products containing Monosodium Glutamate helped a great deal in ending my years of fear. I hope you all can get well... Now if I could get rid of this arthritis, i'd be a new man!
Oh I know I'm goin to Hell, I'm just working on how deep.

Conspirator

PostThu Sep 26, 2013 5:14 pm » by Phoenix rising

Rkobilan wrote:@Phoenix below are titles of Youtube videos that may assist you in your attempt to get well.

Below are titles of videos that can be viewed using Youtube on the internet:

William Davis - Wheat: The UNhealthy Whole Grain

Sugar: The Bitter Truth

Samantha Bachman Interviews Don Tolman "The human body is full of tubes."

Andrew Norton Webber-First ever UK Distilled Waters Conference

The Case Against Fluoride, Paul Connett in New Zealand 22Feb2013

cheers bud, i've seen a few of these but i check out some of the others, these are a good watch for anyone :flop: :cheers:
We live a one directional life in an omnidirectional existence

Conspirator

PostThu Sep 26, 2013 5:35 pm » by 99socks

Spock wrote:2 days ago I underwent a calcium score (CT scan of the heart) to rule out the heart, I scored a "0" which is a perfect score, it does not appear my heart is at fault at all, however my PCP wants to go ahead and do another ehco and nuclear stress (which will be my 4 round in the past 5 years), and they have always shown that my heart is healthy.

So, I had an appointment with my psych yesterday and I printed out the full report about "Pheochromocytoma" to take with me. On the way to the appointment, I had another attack, and had to call 911 and wait for the ambulance in a store parking lot. This is the scariest thing I have ever gone through. I know what panic and anxiety attacks feel like, and I am telling my doctors that after 20 years, these last 2 episodes are far worse than anything I have ever experienced. When the medics got there, my heart rate was elevated, but within 10 minutes I was back to normal, so the entire episode lasted about 20 minutes and I was able to continue on to my appointment - believe me, I would not just call an ambulance unless I thought I was on the verge of death. And again, I was anxious about NOTHING when it hit, I felt it start, took about 10 to 15 minutes of a sense of adrenaline, then in a split second my heart speed up and went into palpitations.

The good thing about it was, maybe a blessing in disguise, was that I was actually wearing a halter monitor while this happened, so the entire thing was recorded, and I am anxious to get these results back.

My psych has ordered me the test for Pheochromocytoma (24 hour urine test) as well as and Electroencephalogram (EEG) for possible Temporal Lobe Epilepsy - although he thinks I have neither and this is 100% anxiety, but is willing to rule it out - the psychologist, on the other hand, believes it could possibly be one of the 2, so even though I feel I have great doctors working with each other, I also get the feeling there is a bit of ego involved in their positions. My psych seemed to take personal offense that I was accepted into the Duke study, making mention that he attended and worked at Duke and could do the same studies - however, I would not get his full attention in a specialized category of research.

Anyway, so now I've been prescribe Klonopin twice a day, and Xanax as needed.

I'm a little nervous about the Klonopin, not necessarily the effects, but the addiction which comes with it - there are horror stories about coming off of Klonopin. On the other hand, if I had to choose to live with these attacks, or stay on klonopin, addicted or not, I would choose the addiction every time.

You know, if all the tests the docs run turn up normal and they still think it's "only" an anxiety/epilepsy problem while you're still going through frightening episodes of who-knows-what and it's landing you in the ER, try reading the books I recommended earlier in the thread. :wink:
http://www.thedailysheeple.com/obamas-doj-silent-as-new-black-panthers-leader-incites-violence-in-ferguson_082014

I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

Super Moderator

PostThu Sep 26, 2013 5:58 pm » by Spock

Waking the Tiger and In An Unspoken Voice by Peter Levine and Healing Developmental Trauma. I'll look into them.

Initiate

PostThu Sep 26, 2013 6:42 pm » by SolStone

Spock,
I do not remember the name of the condition, but your medical professionals will:

There is a condition in a small percentage of humans which produces multiple electrical tracks (more than the norm) along the heart; when electrical pulses are running their course, they will 'jump track' - creating a 'short loop circuit' rather than the longer circuit course the current runs within the heart normally. This of course causes the heart to race and leads to cardiac arrest.

Just trying to narrow it down for you, good luck man.

Conspirator

PostFri Sep 27, 2013 6:13 pm » by Aragajag

I hope you get it all sorted out Spock me ol china. Inserts all the this fixes that stuff.
'Gee, I wish we had one of them Doomsday Machines, Stainsey..' General "Buck" Turgidson

Super Moderator

PostSun Oct 06, 2013 2:19 am » by Spock

Cognoscenti wrote:Sorry for your troubles Spock, and not to worry you, but you might ask your docs to check you for a pheochromocytoma, a rare neuroendocrine tumor that can suddenly release a load of adrenalin into your system and result in the symptoms you describe. The screening test is a 24 hour urine collection in which they assay for metabolites of adrenaline called VMA and metanephrines. Good luck

Just an FYI. After all the heart tests, it proved my heart is in excellent condition and not the problem, however, thickening of the heart muscle was shown, and that is caused by a constant bombardment of epinephrine.

So for that Cognoscenti, I really appreciate your input. As soon as I told my primary that "someone on the internet said we should look into pheochromocytoma" he went directly in that direction, and although we are not sure if that is the cause yet, he is treating me as if it is.

I was in pretty bad shape almost all day. The doctor had prescribed for me beta blockers and magnesium, but the nurse forgot to call in the prescription. After calling 4 times, I was finally able to get them to fax it to the pharmacy and I picked up the drugs at 5. Up until then, I had taken 4 mg of xanax to try to settle my anxiousness, heart palpitations and raising heart - but 45 minutes after taking the Beta Blocker and magnesium, I feel like a new person.

I am taking the 24 hour test for pheochromocytoma today. Funny because you need to store the specimen jug in your refrigerator - needless to say it's on the bottom shelf!

It looks like that after 20 years, something positive has been identified, although we don't know from where yet, we know the culprit.

I'll sleep better tonight.

Cheers!

Super Moderator

PostSun Oct 06, 2013 12:16 pm » by DarkHeart

The best way to get magnesium into your body is to buy magnesium flakes (not expensive) you dissolve them in water & then soak a cloth in the solution & wrap it around an arm or something & its absorbed through the skin, the tablet form is nigh on impossible for your body to use & can mess with your digestion.

This Ladies take on how to solve nerve related problems is brilliant, we live in a society that is perfect for creating nervous problems, I think a lot of the new untreatable illnesses stem from nervous ailments.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Click thorough to youtube to watch the rest (youtube icon bottom right on the screen)
Canubis wrote:i wont be apart of this..my wagon sails into the sun rise! but im sunset passed out for days..while jesus sleeps in your pocket...

Super Moderator

PostSun Oct 06, 2013 12:46 pm » by Spock

DmoniX_The_Destroyer wrote:I'm too tired to read all this... BUT, I have Psoriatic Arthritis... Before the onset of the arthritis for years I suffered from Agoraphobia, anxiety and OCD... Somehow, somewhere, the latter all disappeared... I found that not drinking any products containing caffeine or the like and staying away from products containing Monosodium Glutamate helped a great deal in ending my years of fear. I hope you all can get well... Now if I could get rid of this arthritis, i'd be a new man!

THis sounds a lot like me. As I've said, I've suffered this stuff for over 20 years, and like you, it goes away. There have bee years I didn't suffer it, but then out of the blue it becomes part of life again. And then, silently, it will go away. That is why this latest round has been so devastating, because something physical was causing the problem initially, only to be exacerbated by the panic on top of it.

Essentially, I have learned to live with the panic/anxiety without drugs, just different techniques for coping with it.

Another thing that really helps is this - when panic and anxiety get out of hand...

People that suffer this are prone to by hypersensitive to carbon dioxide. So, when you start feeling it come on, take in a slow deep breath and count to 4, then exhale equally as slowly and count to 6. Breath less in and more out slowly - to insure the carbon dioxide is getting out of the system. This is the first "go-to" technique. Then there is a sensation of being disconnected, like you can't feel your face, get in front of a fan, that will override what your mind is telling you.

And yea - caffeine is a "no no". It took me a while to get use to benign decaf coffee, but at least I can still have coffee for my morning ritual, without the effects.

Of course, sugar and chocolate should be taken into consideration too - these can add to an attack too.

Initiate

PostSun Oct 06, 2013 3:09 pm » by Cognoscenti

Glad you are starting to feel better Spock, best of luck to you

PreviousNext