Chronic fatigue Syndrome

Conspirator

PostSat Oct 12, 2013 8:18 pm » by 99socks

I just learned something truly fascinating; the kidneys retract and tuck up deeper inside the torso when exposed to cold or fear. What this does, it that it basically "squishes" the adrenal glands and prevents them from functioning properly. Supposedly SE touch therapy, some massage therapies, and some traditional martial arts (focusing on 2nd chakra / ming men) helps locked kidneys to "fall" back down into place so that both they and the adrenal glands can function as they are supposed to. If you are not familiar with it, both the 2nd chakra and the mind men are concerned with internal energy development and flow (while the 3rd chakra and dantien are concerned with the gateway between the external and internal energy flow and development).

I hope this is one more candle to illuminate to the mess of CFS....
http://www.thedailysheeple.com/obamas-doj-silent-as-new-black-panthers-leader-incites-violence-in-ferguson_082014

I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

Conspirator

PostTue Feb 04, 2014 7:04 pm » by 99socks

Bump...

..another possibility is a chronic Candida (yeast) infection. If you are prone to things like athlete's foot or weird rashes, Candida may be the cause of the fibromyalgia and CFS. :sunny:

If that's the case, cut out all sugars and carbs (including dairy, since it has lactose), take a natural laxative to clean out your gut, and then fill up on probiotics, yogurt (only with active yeast cultures- stay away from the junk with fillers), etc.. Over the long term, fermented foods similar to what you'd find in the GAPS diet would probably work, but in the short term them may make the symptoms worse.

Topically, things like apple cider vinegar, Povidone iodine, various essential oils etc. are supposed to help.

Be on the lookout for the Herxheimer reaction. :obsessed:
http://www.thedailysheeple.com/obamas-doj-silent-as-new-black-panthers-leader-incites-violence-in-ferguson_082014

I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

Conspirator

PostWed Feb 05, 2014 5:17 am » by Thebluecanary

Well, this was some interesting reading. Thanks for bumping it Sock I missed it the first time around.

I contracted Lyme disease about 8 years ago, which was treated improperly by my MD (my fault for just trusting him and not researching myself) and became chronic Lyme. It's like chronic fatigue, fibro and rheumatoid arthritis had a baby, with added bonus of occasional mental symptoms. When it was at its worst, I would sometimes be unable to get out of bed for several days, and if I could get up and get going I was in excruciating pain; there were also several times when I literally FORGOT how to get somewhere I'd been many times before. Driving down the road to the post office or the Korean grocery and suddenly it was like I was in a new city; nothing was familiar, I was completely lost in my own town. It was terrifying. I live in a state where they don't admit Lyme even exists, and chronic Lyme is so controversial that in some cases doctors can lose their medical license for treating it. There was one clinic within a days driving distance that offered treatment for chronic Lyme, but insurance of course wouldn't cover it and they wanted a thousand dollars just for one 15 minute consult, not to mention the cost of the actual treatment.

I started researching and reading and getting my doctorate in Google Medicine, and figured out a way to make myself functional again. I still have bad pain days sometimes and am more susceptible to injury in my soft tissues and joints (see "stepped on a cat and had a fucked up knee for three months") but I'm so much better than I ever thought I'd be and most of the things I do don't cost a lot.

1 Chronic Lyme often responds to an herb called Cat's Claw, specifically it MUST be TOA-Free. There is a period of about two weeks where you feel like you're going to die from the toxic effects of the bacteria die-off once you start dosing with the stuff. Lyme for some reason also often leads to yeast overgrowth, and the reaction when yeast dies off in the body is similar. I mega-dosed with TOA-Free Cat's Claw (for Lyme) and Olive Leaf extract (for yeast overgrowth) for a month, then took a "normal" dose of both herbs for another six months. Neither of them are great for taking in perpetuity, but that alone was a good dose for me. I have not had to take Cat's Claw again after the initial treatment. (It can be not so hot on the liver, too.)

2. Lots of nasty things that cause Lyme/fibromyalgia/CFS-type symptoms seem to be somehow connected. It might be yeast, it might be lots of things…it might also be that they are all offshoots of a similar bio-engineered bacteria that has mutated. (Tinfoil hat time.) Things that I have noticed that seem to help are: supplements L-Lysine, B12, Eleuthero, LOTS of Vitamin C and L-Dopa (velvet bean extract). L-Dopa provides needed compounds for the brain to use to create dopamine. Lots of similar symptoms seem to possibly be related to a dopamine deficiency. Also, heat therapy, like sitting in a sauna or a steam room, getting the body temp up around 99 or 100 degrees and keeping it that way for about ten minutes. And lots of healthy foods, fresh veggies, juices, cutting down on sugar and white breads. I have a friend who suffered many years with Lupus who swears that oil pulling http://wellnessmama.com/7866/oil-pulling-for-oral-health/ has nearly eliminated most of her symptoms. She was to the point that they were going to start her on a type of chemo…and a little old Indian woman in her belly dance class told her to try it, and it worked for her. It sounds gross, I haven't tried it, but you never know.

And weed, of course. It's not great for my brain now which is a damn shame, but while it was effective it was a lifesaver. I know it sounds counterproductive to treat those kinds of symptoms with a depressant but it was very good medicine for me for a lot of years. Lots of people have used it for similar things and it does not always work but when it does it's amazing.

I'm going to track down a couple of those books you recommended about the trauma connection. The mind-body connection is a powerful thing and I'd like to read more about it just because it's fascinating. Phoenix, I hope you're feeling healthier and better now!
Remember, in a real conspiracy, all players are pawns regardless of their rank.
-----Christopher Hyatt

Conspirator

PostWed Feb 05, 2014 5:48 am » by 99socks

Thebluecanary wrote:Well, this was some interesting reading. Thanks for bumping it Sock I missed it the first time around.

I contracted Lyme disease about 8 years ago, which was treated improperly by my MD (my fault for just trusting him and not researching myself) and became chronic Lyme. It's like chronic fatigue, fibro and rheumatoid arthritis had a baby, with added bonus of occasional mental symptoms. When it was at its worst, I would sometimes be unable to get out of bed for several days, and if I could get up and get going I was in excruciating pain; there were also several times when I literally FORGOT how to get somewhere I'd been many times before. Driving down the road to the post office or the Korean grocery and suddenly it was like I was in a new city; nothing was familiar, I was completely lost in my own town. It was terrifying. I live in a state where they don't admit Lyme even exists, and chronic Lyme is so controversial that in some cases doctors can lose their medical license for treating it. There was one clinic within a days driving distance that offered treatment for chronic Lyme, but insurance of course wouldn't cover it and they wanted a thousand dollars just for one 15 minute consult, not to mention the cost of the actual treatment.

I started researching and reading and getting my doctorate in Google Medicine, and figured out a way to make myself functional again. I still have bad pain days sometimes and am more susceptible to injury in my soft tissues and joints (see "stepped on a cat and had a fucked up knee for three months") but I'm so much better than I ever thought I'd be and most of the things I do don't cost a lot.

1 Chronic Lyme often responds to an herb called Cat's Claw, specifically it MUST be TOA-Free. There is a period of about two weeks where you feel like you're going to die from the toxic effects of the bacteria die-off once you start dosing with the stuff. Lyme for some reason also often leads to yeast overgrowth, and the reaction when yeast dies off in the body is similar. I mega-dosed with TOA-Free Cat's Claw (for Lyme) and Olive Leaf extract (for yeast overgrowth) for a month, then took a "normal" dose of both herbs for another six months. Neither of them are great for taking in perpetuity, but that alone was a good dose for me. I have not had to take Cat's Claw again after the initial treatment. (It can be not so hot on the liver, too.)

2. Lots of nasty things that cause Lyme/fibromyalgia/CFS-type symptoms seem to be somehow connected. It might be yeast, it might be lots of things…it might also be that they are all offshoots of a similar bio-engineered bacteria that has mutated. (Tinfoil hat time.) Things that I have noticed that seem to help are: supplements L-Lysine, B12, Eleuthero, LOTS of Vitamin C and L-Dopa (velvet bean extract). L-Dopa provides needed compounds for the brain to use to create dopamine. Lots of similar symptoms seem to possibly be related to a dopamine deficiency. Also, heat therapy, like sitting in a sauna or a steam room, getting the body temp up around 99 or 100 degrees and keeping it that way for about ten minutes. And lots of healthy foods, fresh veggies, juices, cutting down on sugar and white breads. I have a friend who suffered many years with Lupus who swears that oil pulling http://wellnessmama.com/7866/oil-pulling-for-oral-health/ has nearly eliminated most of her symptoms. She was to the point that they were going to start her on a type of chemo…and a little old Indian woman in her belly dance class told her to try it, and it worked for her. It sounds gross, I haven't tried it, but you never know.

And weed, of course. It's not great for my brain now which is a damn shame, but while it was effective it was a lifesaver. I know it sounds counterproductive to treat those kinds of symptoms with a depressant but it was very good medicine for me for a lot of years. Lots of people have used it for similar things and it does not always work but when it does it's amazing.

I'm going to track down a couple of those books you recommended about the trauma connection. The mind-body connection is a powerful thing and I'd like to read more about it just because it's fascinating. Phoenix, I hope you're feeling healthier and better now!

:hugging: :hugging: :hugging:

My step-mom has Lyme (got it about 8 years ago too)... docs can't treat her, and her life is a living hell. You poor thing! :cry:

One interesting thing you mentioned was spending time in heat (a sauna). I was just telling Spock a few weeks ago about cold water dousing and the supposed effects it has on infections. I told me dad about it for him to pass it on, but it's not something she would really try.

http://www.systemanorway.com/default.asp?iId=GFHFGE

http://siberiantimes.com/healthandlifes ... ian-style/

Also, I was just thinking about doing some research on pulling, so thank you for the link. :P (Ironically, there is a link on the side for a homemade re-mineralizing toothpaste made with the same bentonite clay I was just telling someone else about because I've been using it as a fantastic facial wash). Ayayay.

Sorry again about the Lyme hon. That is some truly evil shit.

Conspirator

PostWed Feb 05, 2014 6:08 am » by Thebluecanary

99socks wrote:
:hugging: :hugging: :hugging:

My step-mom has Lyme (got it about 8 years ago too)... docs can't treat her, and her life is a living hell. You poor thing! :cry:

One interesting thing you mentioned was spending time in heat (a sauna). I was just telling Spock a few weeks ago about cold water dousing and the supposed effects it has on infections. I told me dad about it for him to pass it on, but it's not something she would really try.

http://www.systemanorway.com/default.asp?iId=GFHFGE

http://siberiantimes.com/healthandlifes ... ian-style/

Also, I was just thinking about doing some research on pulling, so thank you for the link. :P (Ironically, there is a link on the side for a homemade re-mineralizing toothpaste made with the same bentonite clay I was just telling someone else about because I've been using it as a fantastic facial wash). Ayayay.

Sorry again about the Lyme hon. That is some truly evil shit.

Not to get all Jenny McCarthy up in here but I'm pretty much in "remission". If I'd left it up to the medical establishment, they'd have let me die. I wish your stepmom would consider alternative treatment if she hasn't already…not just the things I suggested but other options if she finds them. I did lots and lots of research reading Lyme message boards and listening to what people actually did and what worked for them and cobbled together my own thing. I figured, eh, dying anyway, couldn't hurt right? Lyme treatment is such a medical hot potato clusterfuck. It's a shame that they're letting people suffer while they fight amongst themselves about it. Especially when natural cures and alternative treatments show such hopeful results!

I'll look at the links for cold water. My research seemed to indicate that bacteria like Lyme don't do so well in temps over 98.6…and so time spent in a hotter environment causes die-off. But any time they die off in your body it equals 72 hours of suck before you feel better (from the Herxheimer reaction of the bacteria releasing a toxin into the body.) When my mom had her cancer, my dad found some research out of Germany where they basically took breast cancer patients and put them in a giant heating pad sack and simulated a 101 degree fever for many hours a day. At the end of the study, most of the women were in remission without other treatment. For the Lyme, a hot tub would have worked as well; a sauna/steam room is what my gym has, so that is what I used.

I wish your stepmom luck. I know what she's going through and it's miserable.

Also, let me know if you try pulling. I'm going to try it too, even though it grosses me out some. We just recently switched to a natural toothpaste (The SLS in toothpaste was causing my husband to get mouth sores) and after a month of using it I can't believe how much fresher and better my teeth feel. Plus, I was talking to a girl the other day who supposedly actually healed herself of a cavity (I know it sounds nuts, she swears though) by following this re-mineralizing regimen and doing other things that she is supposed to be emailing me information about. I need to check out that toothpaste recipe! Bentonite clay is great stuff, sometimes I put it in soap when we make it. The pink version (French Pink, I think it's called?) is great for homemade Calamine lotion which we go through a lot of during poison ivy season.
-----Christopher Hyatt

Conspirator

PostWed Feb 19, 2014 5:49 pm » by 99socks

Oh wow, I just came here after posting in that "250 million Americans infected" thread and just saw your last post.

God, Lyme is FUCKING AWFUL. I can't believe the medical community still can't agree that it even exists (but then again, my hair is falling out, my nails have ridges, my nose/fingers/toes are icy cold even in the summer, I have chronic fatigue issues, hormonal imbalances, and it's a nightmare maintaining my weight, but only holistic practitioners believe I have a thyroid problem :roll: ).

I'm gonna pass on the info on the herbs that have worked for you. Who knows, maybe they will work for her too!

Funny thing, I never thought about the sauna- all I know is that if you dump a bucket of freezing cold water on your head, it raised your internal body temperature to 106 degrees.

As for things being connected, I do agree that there are a lot of variables that are webbed together... I have the classic yeast/food allergies/hypothyroid/hypoglycemia/CFS cluster. Which is the chicken, and which is the egg? Who knows. But trying to maintain health and balance while trying to "correct" all of them is a pain in the rear end.

Oh, and btw, pulling isn't gross... Just take a swish when you hop in the shower... By the time you're out, dried off, dressed etc. it's time to spit. :flop: I've been at it for a week now... not too bad.

Conspirator

PostWed Feb 19, 2014 7:20 pm » by Thebluecanary

99socks wrote:Oh wow, I just came here after posting in that "250 million Americans infected" thread and just saw your last post.

God, Lyme is FUCKING AWFUL. I can't believe the medical community still can't agree that it even exists (but then again, my hair is falling out, my nails have ridges, my nose/fingers/toes are icy cold even in the summer, I have chronic fatigue issues, hormonal imbalances, and it's a nightmare maintaining my weight, but only holistic practitioners believe I have a thyroid problem :roll: ).

I'm gonna pass on the info on the herbs that have worked for you. Who knows, maybe they will work for her too!

Funny thing, I never thought about the sauna- all I know is that if you dump a bucket of freezing cold water on your head, it raised your internal body temperature to 106 degrees.

As for things being connected, I do agree that there are a lot of variables that are webbed together... I have the classic yeast/food allergies/hypothyroid/hypoglycemia/CFS cluster. Which is the chicken, and which is the egg? Who knows. But trying to maintain health and balance while trying to "correct" all of them is a pain in the rear end.

Oh, and btw, pulling isn't gross... Just take a swish when you hop in the shower... By the time you're out, dried off, dressed etc. it's time to spit. :flop: I've been at it for a week now... not too bad.

Haha…I bought coconut oil at the hippie grocery yesterday planning to start oil pulling. I will try it in the shower; can't hurt, right?

So much of the auto-immune problems that people are suffering have such similar and connected symptoms that I have to think there is a common cause. I don't know if it's our environment, poison in our food, GMOs, or a combination. And medicine is such big business, with so much money made putting a band-aid on symptoms, that western medicine very rarely tries to get to the root of such things.

My husband has something called CLL, a type of slow progressive leukemia that was caused by benzine in the drinking water when he was stationed at a marine base here in the states. He's (thankfully) in the group that has such slow progression that they don't undergo treatment, and most people with his type of CLL live to die of old age. Between the two of us and our chronic illnesses, though, I've had to make lifestyle changes and do lots of research. He's in the process of having all his old mercury based tooth fillings replaced with gold…which is costing a lot but I've done a lot of reading about how mercury based fillings can cause immune disorders and some people with CLL who have had them replaced have seen a sharp drop in white cell count from it. We have the whole house water filter, and replaced our metal water pipes with PEX. Sometimes it's just a matter of continuing to fling turds at the wall hoping some of them stick. :mrgreen:

I'm interested to see if oil pulling helps your other symptoms. Also, have you ever taken sea kelp for your thyroid?
-----Christopher Hyatt

Conspirator

PostWed Feb 19, 2014 8:33 pm » by 99socks

Thebluecanary wrote:
So much of the auto-immune problems that people are suffering have such similar and connected symptoms that I have to think there is a common cause. I don't know if it's our environment, poison in our food, GMOs, or a combination. And medicine is such big business, with so much money made putting a band-aid on symptoms, that western medicine very rarely tries to get to the root of such things.

Sometimes it's just a matter of continuing to fling turds at the wall hoping some of them stick. :mrgreen:

I'm interested to see if oil pulling helps your other symptoms. Also, have you ever taken sea kelp for your thyroid?

My uneducated guess is that it's a combination. Our bodies have an amazing ability to maintain health when there is just one or two types of onslaught, but combinations of stuff is what causes the real problems. Like the show, "Seconds from Disaster." Or the bees- they're not dying from a single type of pesticide/herbicide... it's the entire cocktail put together.

And yes, I am used to throwing spaghetti at the wall. :)

No, sea kelp is kinda out for me... I had it once in a facial, and I broke out in hives... I know it's supposed to be awesome for the iodine... So instead, I am stuck with (*gasp*) taking a pill called Iodoral...

Previous