Drugs! What Is The Attraction? Please Explain???

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 06, 2013 1:31 am » by Toxic32

I Have never felt the pressure or need to to take drugs of any sort...Well not quiet true, I like a drink so that is a drug. A couple of drinks and I feel relaxed. Is that the same for other drugs? Tell me I would like to know how or what the benefit is. How does it make you feel. If you were selling it as a product what are the USP's You tell me. Maybe I'm missing out. Apart from a drink, the only drug that has effected me more than I could explain or deal with is natures drug. If you fall in love you are under the influence of the most powerful drug that you are likely to come across in your life. You will be totally under it's influence. It can be destructive or constructive. If your supplier is just milking you have my sympathy. No to be completely honest I had a drag on a refer once and thought what the fuck this is a total wast of time.
I question everything. I don't believe anything I'm told or anything I see. Prove it, or fuck off. And that's not me I see in the mirror in the morning.

Initiate

PostFri Dec 06, 2013 2:06 am » by just_the_flu

What do you mean by drugs?

Like pot and mushrooms?

Or chems like coke and estasy?

I like pot for same reasons you like the drink...

Mushrooms are fun too but imo you wouldnt wanna do them everyday (i would go mentally insane and assume others would too)

Everything else is meh... I always say ill try anything atleast once...

And kinda ot but not really... That salvia(sp?) Is legal in my area and wtf? Hows that legal over cannabis? That shits like a 3 min intense lsd trip!

Upload to Disclose.tv

and when you do them ppl think that youre cool. :alien51:
:cheers:
...you dont know your wearing a leash if you sit by the peg all day...

...some asshole thought of it, some sucker believed it, and look what its done so far...

Initiate

PostFri Dec 06, 2013 2:56 am » by Probablysane

They are tools.
Happiness is subjective ;)

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 06, 2013 3:21 am » by *WillEase*

Well, I can give you my opinion based on personal experience.
Pot is and has always been my favorite due to the relaxing effect. I love the taste too.
I've also found it to be a much more effective pain reliever than anything the VA has prescribed.
The overdose rates for prescribed medicine such as Oxycodone and Hydrocodone are excessively high...
no pun intended.

Acid or LSD was my favorite back when due to simple economics. Five dollars for an eight hour trip is hard to beat. I don't recommend it to anyone with emotional or mental baggage. But for anyone who does try this hallucinogen, Pink Floyd as a background stimulant is fondly suggested. After years worth of trips I can tell you this, once would have been good enough.

Cocaine was fun back in the eighties, but too expensive. I also didn't care too much for the feeling of paranoia. Addiction rates are staggering, and once addicted this drug wins out over important things like paying bills on time and eating.

Crystal meth was an interesting high. Very pleasing the first time, but you never have a high as good as the first time so do yourself a favor and avoid this one.

XTC was great for clubbing and sex. Problem was, like most illegal drugs, you never know for sure what you are getting. The original wafers (with the little brown spots) are hard to find. The little brown spots by the way was heroin. I knew several people who died using this drug so thumbs down from me.

Initiate

PostFri Dec 06, 2013 4:06 am » by Innosent

Maybe you did not inhale the marijuana correctly. I had to try it about 10 times before i got it. Booze sucks.

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 06, 2013 6:05 am » by Shaggietrip

I you have to ask then? dont bother. Kinda like asking the price of an item....

Upload to Disclose.tv

I prefer this one

Upload to Disclose.tv

Drugs. ha. Do the right thing your brain puts them out for you. If not refer to 2nd vid above.

:dancing:
ImageImage
Star watchers,Sun,Moon or just space in interest. https://www.darkskywatcher.com/dsw74.html

Initiate

PostFri Dec 06, 2013 7:34 am » by Middleman

Powerful hallucinogens like lsd, mushrooms or peyote can be a virtual religious experience, if you take them in the right frame of mind, and in the correct setting. It sounds stupid, but those last 2 things are extremely important when taking those types of drugs.

When I say "virtual religious experience", I mean they've put people in MRI machines to see what their brains do on those drugs, and many of them experience deep theta states that take monks decades of meditation to learn how to achieve (again, they've put the monks in the MRI and had them meditate).

Even one such experience can change how you see the world. They're very good for making people feel like a tiny insignificant part of an infinite universe, while at the same time feeling connected to all of it in the most profound way.

If that's what you're looking for, a small group in a safe place is the way to go. If you don't respect it and take it for a buzz at a party or concert, that's all you'll probably get. If you do it right, it can truly be a mind expanding experience, which is why my friend above called them "tools".

Super Moderator

PostFri Dec 06, 2013 11:27 am » by Spock

I've always enjoyed a buzz, especially right when I got off work, and throughout life have had different "go-to" favorites.

In my teens I got trapped in the meth mess, and ended up in rehab for 3 months at 18. I never went back. Before that and after rehab, weed was my favorite - alcohol was sort of just there, I would drink it, but rarely enough to get sick or have a hangover.

Weed was my favorite because I felt relaxed and creative, it didn't get on your breath and there was never a hangover. My favorite time was getting stoned before work and then sort of being in my cocoon. Then something changed, and every time I smoked weed I got severely paranoid and hungry of course. It took me about 5 years of being paranoid, lazy and hungry to finally realize it did not give me the same euphoria it once did. People always say - oh, you just didn't smoke good weed, or you should try this other shit, but that was not the case - all weed, regardless of strength or strand did it to me. I eventually gave it up all together in my early 30s, but have had the occasional toke, just to be reminded of how miserable it makes me. Also, like Toxic saying it did nothing for him - I remember when I first started, it took about 2 or 3 times smoking it before I experienced what it really felt like to be stoned.

So, my drug of choice became alcohol. I loved it. It took away all inhibitions, and made me, which is usually an introverted person, an extrovert. I was a sober person back when I started playing in bands - and I was terrified to be on stage. My hands would shake just plugging my instrument in. I was worried about messing up one single cord, and when I would, it would make me more nervous - so then I started drinking, and turned Walter Milktoast into Wink Martindale. I loved being on stage. A half pint buzz was th perfect starting point to have a good time.

But, eventually my health suffered and I gained a lot of weight and got severely out of shape. So, I quit, a few times, but ultimately May 10, 2010 was my first day of sobriety (I think that's right).

In the past 2 years, I have had 4 surgeries, and an endless supply of hydrocodone. This have become my drug of choice now - even though I am no longer on them. Like Will said, the accidentally overdose rate is staggeringly high because of acetometaphine poisoning to the liver, and your tolerance to any opiate builds up very quickly, so you need more and more in a very short time to achieve the same euphoria. I got to where I would do cold water extractions to get the opiate out and filter away the tylenol. You still get some, but about a 10th of just popping the pill itself.

So - again, I quit that. And have had a few drinks, however, the alcohol no longer give me the same wonderful feeling, I call it my "WHOOOOOOO!!!" All it does is immediately make me tired, and then feel like shit.

I have found that the best drug, though not as social - is natural endorphins. When you can get yourself into a good daily workout and diet pattern - it changes your attitude and outlook on everything in life. It takes energy and getting off your lazy ass to get started, but it can be just as addicting as any drug, especially when you start to see quick results.

I wish I could still smoke weed and it make me feel good - but that doesn't look like it will ever be a part of my reality paradigm again - so I'll just continue making fun of people that do.

The next thing I am interested in is OBEs and meditation. The spirit side of the body is what interests me more than anything else these days.

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 06, 2013 11:30 am » by Malogg

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 06, 2013 12:05 pm » by Newearthman

They make you perceive life from a different perspective since our normal view of life is so limited. Drugs are good under the right set and setting.

Next