DTV Book Recommendation list

Conspirator

PostWed Mar 28, 2012 8:25 pm » by E6722maj

whatever

Conspirator

PostWed Mar 28, 2012 9:10 pm » by Iamthatiam

stratosfear wrote:
iamthatiam wrote:I recommend this Eco's one, too...

Finished it not so long back. How about this one?

Never read, good?

"The Heaven's Lights are fed by the energy generated inside the furnaces of Hell; I AM One Conductive Wire! "

Conspirator

PostWed Mar 28, 2012 9:48 pm » by Fatdogmendoza

iamthatiam wrote:
stratosfear wrote:

Never read, good?

It is an interesting read... there is a sense of self approbation from eco in the way it is written there are many of references to his other works... There is also a little bit of a mystery as to how the story has reached the narrator intact...

Initiate

PostWed Mar 28, 2012 11:18 pm » by Stratosfear

iamthatiam wrote:
stratosfear wrote:

Never read, good?

Thoroughly enjoyed it; and what Fatdog said seems a spot on observation. I recommend it. Also this:

Image "In the wardrobe of my soul ... in the section labelled 'Shirts'"

Conspirator

PostThu Mar 29, 2012 12:44 am » by Iamthatiam

stratosfear wrote:
fatdogmendoza wrote:It is an interesting read... there is a sense of self approbation from eco in the way it is written there are many of references to his other works... There is also a little bit of a mystery as to how the story has reached the narrator intact...

Thoroughly enjoyed it; and what Fatdog said seems a spot on observation. I recommend it. Also this:

Thanks for the hints, bros :D

Im reading this one here, right now...

Man, I must say that I simply love Howard's...The guy managed to narrate with a touch of preciosity, although reverberating as an easy going description of a richly illustrated world, taken out from History, mixed with Occult Knowledge and Fiction....Amazing...Besides of the whole mistery surrounding his suicide, did you know he corresponded with H.P. Lovecraft?

Compare the names of the 'Hyborian' countries with Historical places :flop:

Awesome (To someone such as me, with a stellium of Mars, Pluto and Mercury at the 8th House...Its food :twisted: )

:cheers:

"The Heaven's Lights are fed by the energy generated inside the furnaces of Hell; I AM One Conductive Wire! "

Conspirator

PostThu Mar 29, 2012 12:52 am » by Fatdogmendoza

iamthatiam wrote:

Man, I must say that I simply love Howard's...The guy managed to narrate with a touch of preciosity, although reverberating as an easy going description of a richly illustrated world, taken out from History, mixed with Occult Knowledge and Fiction....Amazing...Besides of the whole mistery surrounding his suicide, did you know he corresponded with H.P. Lovecraft?

Awesome (To someone such as me, with a stellium of Mars, Pluto and Mercury at the 8th House...Its food :twisted: )

Howard is wicked... If you like adventure, read El Borak and other desert adventures

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 06, 2012 4:32 pm » by Iamthatiam

fatdogmendoza wrote:
iamthatiam wrote:

Howard is wicked... If you like adventure, read El Borak and other desert adventures

I'll have to order from Amazon, couldn't find here, in Rio de Janeiro! :(

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 06, 2012 4:35 pm » by Iamthatiam

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 06, 2012 4:41 pm » by Fatdogmendoza

iamthatiam wrote:
fatdogmendoza wrote:
iamthatiam wrote:

I'll have to order from Amazon, couldn't find here, in Rio de Janeiro! :(

Damn I just donated to a charity shop... I would have gladly posted it to you bro

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 06, 2012 4:46 pm » by Iamthatiam

fatdogmendoza wrote:Damn I just donated to a charity shop... I would have gladly posted it to you bro

I know you would :D

:hugging: Thanks

Previous